Author Topic: Something is wrong with LAX  (Read 10408 times)

annber

Something is wrong with LAX
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:32:37 am »
Hi,

I have Cloud9 LAX and FSDT Honolulu, two days ago I downloaded Dallas to check it out, and what happened next was the weirdest thing. First I got a message to download the manager, then I tried to fly out of LAx and got a message saying my trial time had started, which makes no sense since i bought LAX over a year ago. Honolulu seems OK, nothing weird there, but I need to fix my LAX, could someone point me in th eright direction?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something is wrong with LAX
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 07:19:42 am »
First I got a message to download the manager

Have you done that ?

then I tried to fly out of LAx and got a message saying my trial time had started, which makes no sense since i bought LAX over a year ago.

You first should do what the message said: installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, which is also what the Cloud9 page says:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Also, you are not saying if you saw the message about Trial time starting, with the scenery working fine (for 5 minutes, of course), or you got the message and saw no scenery.

In the first case, the most likely explanation is that something has removed your key from the registry, most likely a registry cleaner that mistakenly thought it was not needed.

In any case, re-inserting your Serial Number it's very easy: just select the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager for KLAX, and type your Serial Number, as indicated on your purchase receipt.

annber

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »
First I got a message to download the manager

Have you done that ?

Yes, I did download the manager again.

You first should do what the message said: installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9, which is also what the Cloud9 page says:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Also, you are not saying if you saw the message about Trial time starting, with the scenery working fine (for 5 minutes, of course), or you got the message and saw no scenery.

In the first case, the most likely explanation is that something has removed your key from the registry, most likely a registry cleaner that mistakenly thought it was not needed.

In any case, re-inserting your Serial Number it's very easy: just select the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager for KLAX, and type your Serial Number, as indicated on your purchase receipt.

Yes, there was a message about the trial time, and the scenery was there. I will look at my emails from a year ago to look for the serial number, thanks.

annber

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:17 pm »
I just re registered the product again, and it went from bad to worse, while before I had the Cloud9 scenery even though it said trila period, now after re registering the serial number I don't even have the LAX scenery anymore, please explain and help, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:23:17 pm »
Try uninstall the scenery entirely, and use the FSDT KLAX installer (on the Cloud9 page in this site) instead.

annber

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:45 pm »
Try uninstall the scenery entirely, and use the FSDT KLAX installer (on the Cloud9 page in this site) instead.

Ciao Umberto, that is exactly what I did, now LAX is back without any Trial message.  :D