Author Topic: Major Addon Loss Follows Motherboard Crash **solved**  (Read 17734 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major Addon Loss Follows Motherboard Crash
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 06:35:15 pm »
I re-tried the activation for Zurich from inside FS9, and was prompted with data entry fields labelled A to J

To do an reactivation inside FS9, there's only one function, and it's "Register Serial", and it ask for only ONE information (no multiple data fields), your SERIAL NUMBER, and nothing else.

I entered the data supplied me in an email from you back in 2008, and got the error message 8225:7769. The difference between online and offline activation is also starting to baffle me as well.

I think this is the main thing. You are again confusing different part of the program. The only information you need to use now, it's your SERIAL NUMBER. If you did an offline activation in 2008, none of that data is valid for your current hardware so, if you want to do ANOTHER OFF-line activation, you need to do a new one, can't use the old data.

However, it's all starts with your SERIAL NUMBER (the SERIAL NUMBER is indicated as "Serial Number" on your purchase receipt).

The difference between offline and online activation is very simple: if you HAVE online access, you ONLY need to insert your SERIAL NUMBER in the "Register Serial" function, and this will ONLY ask for your Serial Number, and nothing else. No multiple fields, nothing.

If the program can't find an internet connection (it might take a while, like 20-30 seconds so), you should see a the Offline activation dialog, which is explained HERE:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=565.msg3919#msg3919

In any case, it's not clear from your message if you have an internet connection or not, now.

Also, if it becomes necessary to issue new codes to me, could you please try to ensure that  such codes contain no alphabetic "o" or numeric "0", since those characters appear identical on the screen, and add immensely to my confusion, forcing me to try swapping the alphabetic "o" with the numeric "0" in a frustrating bid to see which permutation of identical looking characters will work.

First, your Serial Number is still valid. And you can simply use COPY&PASTE from your purchase receipt, without worrying what the characters looks like.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 06:37:53 pm by virtuali »

grasshopper

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 07:58:12 pm »
I have been working from a printout of 2008 emails, hoping to "save time" by typing in the serial number, rather than continuing my search for just where it was I saved a copy of the registration number notification email from 2008.  I will dig that up now and use cut and paste as you advise, to avoid typos.

Could it be that despite my internet link being adequate for participation in discussion forums and whatnot, I will likely still have to undergo the offline registration process after correctly submitting my purchase serial number when prompted within Fs9 ?

Given that the offline registration process was the option that worked for me at the time of purchase, can I assume that something about my internet link will continue preventing ANY attempt to register online, and that I should go ahead and carry out the offline registration this time as well ?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:06:26 pm by grasshopper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 08:14:46 pm »
Could it be that despite my internet link being adequate for participation in discussion forums and whatnot, I will likely still have to undergo the offline registration process after correctly submitting my purchase serial number when prompted within Fs9 ?

If you have a firewall, and it's denying online access to FS9, then yes, it will as if you never had any connection. The easiest solution would be turning off the firewall but, failing to do this, you can still do the offline activation.

Given that the offline registration process was the option that worked for me at the time of purchase, can I assume that something about my internet link will continue preventing ANY attempt to register online, and that I should go ahead and carry out the offline registration this time as well ?

If your browser works, the offline activation server site ( http://activate.esellerate.net ) will surely work.

grasshopper

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »
Well I followed the offline registration steps from within FS9 with my internet link OFF, having found my original purchase receipt email from 2008 to obtain by copy and paste the registration serial number, which I in turn pasted as requested in the offline registration screen, to obtain the installation ID.

Next with the internet ON, I logged on to activate.esellerate.net and pasted the Installation ID in the space provided.  The reply is pasted here from the activate.esllerate page as follows, for both Zurich and O'Hare which I tried in turn :  Request Denied (-25012)

Can you spot any obvious missteps I may have taken so far ?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:24:21 pm by grasshopper »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »
Can you spot any obvious missteps I may have taken so far ?

What's the point of turning off your internet connection to purposely do the offline activation, which is more complex ? It's not that, since you originally activated offline once, you are forced to activate offline forever...

Can't you simply do everything with the internet connection on ?

grasshopper

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:16 pm »
My browser evidently blocks FSDT downloads, which is why the offline registration was the only way that worked for me back in 2008 when I purchased JFK, O'Hare and Zurich.   In 2008 I saved and printed out the sequence of steps turning on and off the computer to trigger the offline process from this forum, and figured I might as well take the same steps that finally worked last time.

Given the situation I have described so far, can you offer any pointers about how I can get this registration thing done.  Is there a chance I could PM my purchase details so as to obtain an easy short-cut to using these products once again ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »
My browser evidently blocks FSDT downloads

Activation doesn't have anything to do with the browser, and doesn't downloads anything, and it's not done on the FSDT server, but on the Esellerate server.

,which is why the offline registration was the only way that worked for me back in 2008 when I purchased JFK, O'Hare and Zurich. 

Maybe your issue it's a FIREWALL program you have installed, which is blocking online access to FLIGHT SIM (not the browser). If you use a software firewall, either turn it off, or explicitly grant online access to Flight sim.

In 2008 I saved and printed out the sequence of steps turning on and off the computer to trigger the offline process from this forum, and figured I might as well take the same steps that finally worked last time.

I never said the offline process wouldn't work, I simply said it's easier doing it online, but the offline procedure it's always available and it's always work, provided of course you do it correctly. You can't use the same DATA (the same "codes") you used in 2008, because your hardware is different, but the offline activation is exactly the same, your Serial Number is the same, it will just generate other codes, because your hardware has changed.

Given the situation I have described so far, can you offer any pointers about how I can get this registration thing done.  Is there a chance I could PM my purchase details so as to obtain an easy short-cut to using these products once again ?

We know all your purchase details, and there are only two way you can activate your product:

1) Fixing your issue of not being able to go online with Flight sim, because the online activation it's surely easier. This is probably caused by a firewall or another security program you are running.

2) Do the offline activation correctly. Which, as I've said, is not changed at all from 2008, it will just need to be re-done, because the hardware has changed.

grasshopper

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 04:28:00 pm »
Thanks for the reply Umberto.  I'll go ahead and try the offline procedure again, but would appreciate any directions you can offer,since I failed to make any headway three times in a row, even when I used new codes generated during the offline process.

grasshopper

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:15:27 am »
I finally made time to try the offline route again, Virtuali, but wound up foiled again, just as on all previous attempts I made.

Is there a chance that you would consider allowing me to purchase your products in CD form, so that I can finally be free of the complications I have faced since my computer motherboard was replaced ?   If this could be made possible for me, I will gladly re-purchase those CDs and write off my online purchases of Zurich, Ohare and JFK scenery as losses that will not be recovered.  I do in fact value FSDT scenery sufficiently to pay for the same products twice, but I hope my ex-wife doesn't read this, or her attorney might get ideas.

Thanks in anticipation of ANY solution that you can offer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 12:11:25 pm »
I finally made time to try the offline route again, Virtuali, but wound up foiled again, just as on all previous attempts I made.

Sorry, but you just can't be so generic. Please, describe exactly what steps you did, and what message or errors you saw on screen,

And, beside, why you don't simply try the online activation, which is simpler ?

Is there a chance that you would consider allowing me to purchase your products in CD form, so that I can finally be free of the complications I have faced since my computer motherboard was replaced ? 

What makes you think that having the installer on a CD will make any difference ? It will still obviously require an activation, which will work exactly like this one. If you want the installer on a CD, you can simply burn it yourself...which doesn't make much sense, since we update them fairly often, and there's no need for you to do a backup, since the installer is always freely available to download.

Now, back to the start: please describe exactly what are you doing, what error messages you see because, since it appears the software is running correctly, you just seems to fail the activation part and, that's 100% sure it always working for everyone so, we just need to find what you do wrong, or what software installed on your system is interfering.

grasshopper

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 12:59:25 pm »
Hello Virtuali,  I have been pre-occupied lately, and unable to re-try my activation of Zurich, Ohare and JFK until now.

Before I make this next attempt, may I ask for a very brief summary of how I may go about completing an OFFLINE activation ?

At the time of my initial purchase of these products, the offline method was the only acivation process that worked for me, most likely because my browser or anti-virus seemed to prevent successful ONline activation.

I will be having a computer-savvy friend helping out, and I was hoping to print out your reponse to this post to guide his efforts at activating those three airports.  If he can make some headway, I would definitely like to buy a few more of FSDTs superb products.

Thanks again. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 08:51:13 pm »
I've already linked the explanation for the offline activation method in my previous posts, however, here's another copy of it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=565.msg3919#msg3919

Note that, antivirus doesn't have anything to do with the block of the online activation. If the antivirus was a problem, you would see NO Addon Manager at all so, you wouldn't be able to do any activation, online or offline.

Instead, as I've said in one of my previous posts in this thread, if online activation doesn't work for you, but the offline activation does, even if you *have* an internet connection, the most likely culprit is your FIREWALL program, either the default Windows one, of an additional software you have installed.

grasshopper

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »
I do have the Peter Norton Anti Virus and Internet Security package.  Are you aware of any issues with this particular program ?

Thanks for the link.  Soon as the computer guy shows up I have him follow the instructions there.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:01:03 am by grasshopper »

grasshopper

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2011, 07:45:03 am »
Ok Virtuali, the computer guy is here, and we tried again to enter the original purchase serial numbers into the box provided when the serial number activation option was selected from the Addon Manager option in FS9s windowed mode.

For KJFK, KORD and Zurich, those serial number entries resulted in an error message ( Request Denied -25012).

Please could you again explain what error is being committed here, and how to resolve it so I can use these three scenery products.

We tried both the offline and the online registration methods, and neither worked.  The link you provided most recently covered new purchases, and not re-activation.  I would be grateful for any help you can provide, before the computer guy leaves again, if possible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2011, 11:32:14 am »
I think to have identified the issue, it's nothing wrong with the software, everything is working correctly and the procedure is correct. You have to contact us at the address listed on the "Contact Us" page, supplying with:

- Your Order Numbers, Name, Address and the email you originally used to purchase the product (we can't find any order from the email you used on the forum)

I'll explain what the problem is,