Author Topic: Microsoft flight new pics!!  (Read 8325 times)

Silverbird

Cesar

New Jersey EWR

skimmer

Re: Microsoft flight new pics!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:06:19 am »
Boy , what a difference.I wonder how many of our addons including FSDT will work with it. I guess only time will tell. for myself I can hardly wait.Thanks for the posting Silverbird. :)

Tino

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:53:56 pm »
It's most likely still in progress, but i still dont see much improvement from FSX... Only time will tell.

TIno~

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 06:46:24 pm »
It's most likely still in progress, but i still dont see much improvement from FSX... Only time will tell.

TIno~

Looks a lot better to me when you compare the same location in FSX to the one in Flight, as in the two pics below. I found these from a guy on Avsim who did a direct comparison.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:57:11 pm »
I still think Flight is more of a game than a simulator.  And what exactly is this "Windows Live", a new operating system we'll need to buy first?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 12:02:36 am »
I still think Flight is more of a game than a simulator.  And what exactly is this "Windows Live", a new operating system we'll need to buy first?
No,Its product branding that consist of hotmail,photos,sky drive,etc..... :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

meshman

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 03:12:04 am »
I still think Flight is more of a game than a simulator.

Bruce,

Glass half-full or half-empty this holiday season? My game that I bought at Best Buy says "Games for Windows" on the top left side. Down in the bottom right it says "Microsoft game studios". The ESRB carries this wording "Game Experience May Change During Online Play".

You can call v10 or v9 of Microsoft's game product what ever you want and view it as hardcore as you want, but I sit down at a desk and turn my computer on to play an entertainment game. Just the same as I anticipate I will be doing once Flight is released. Enjoy your entertainment product, but don't belittle the work put forth by Microsoft or think that the dedicated developers of the entertainment product are going to go all arcade and that you'll be seeing Flight machines at some truck stop for truckers to drop their quarters into. BTW, spent 16 years being a paid tourist, so no slight to truckers is intended.

Hope for improvement in the genre with the coming of Flight. And if for some reason it doesn't meet your expectations you can always come back to your Flight Simulator X.

Happy Holidays.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 04:18:17 am »
My game that I bought at Best Buy says "Games for Windows" on the top left side. Down in the bottom right it says "Microsoft game studios". The ESRB carries this wording "Game Experience May Change During Online Play".

Notice how Microsoft conveniently eliminated the word Simulator, and keep your condescending and patronizing attitude to yourself, n00b.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 06:00:47 am »
I still think Flight is more of a game than a simulator. 

You also though that there was no way in hell Iris would sell the A-10 for $5.00.

MS has already stated more than once I believe that "Flight" is just building on what we already have and will retain the basic functionality of being a flight simulation. Granted it may include some game play features if your so inclined to use them, but it no one is twisting your arm to use missionions.

I remember the same was said about FSX when Phil Taylor said that they were including missions. A bunch of people at that moment did the samething and said more or less that it was going to be game and not a sim and look how that turned out.

Notice how Microsoft conveniently eliminated the word Simulator, .......

You can believe what you want, but I wound't read to much into the dropping of the word "Simulator" from the title. Personally I could care less what they call it as long as we get the platform we expect like we did in FS9 and FSX. For all I care they can call it Snoopy's Dog House Flight Sim :-)

Here's a quote from the Flight site in case you haven't already read it.

Q:How does “Microsoft Flight” differ from “Flight Simulator?” Why the new name? What’s changed?

A:With “Microsoft Flight” we’re approaching the virtual flight genre from the ground up, with the focus on the universal appeal of the experience of Flight. We believe the simplicity of “Microsoft Flight” perfectly captures that vision while welcoming the millions of existing Flight Simulator fans. The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.

You never know, you could be right that it will be a game,

But if you want to place a bet on it, I WILL definately take the other side of your bet and say that it will be a sim first, with game/mission elements added for those that want to use it.

meshman

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »
and keep your condescending and patronizing attitude to yourself, n00b.

My gosh, they dropped Simulator from the title, guess I should go buy an X-Box and start practicing? And if I had wanted to be patronizing or condescending, I would have worded things a lot differently. Your "n00b" comment belies the maturity that should be shown by someone in "our" age bracket.

If post count is all that matters, then I guess I'm a n00b. But I'd rather post when I have something to contribute, instead of saying something like "Wow, looks great" at some preview picture of a taxiway line. I've had FS from Microsoft from the beginning when it came on 5.25" 360kb floppy disks. Still have the single 3.5" disk that FS3 came on, though I don't know why I keep it around? I'd bet stuff on your computer has my fingerprints on it, be it a product or some thing made from a utility that I was involved in. Whatever? If pseudo-attacks is your method of a dialog or discussion, that's OK.

Flight will be an evolutionary development release. Improving upon FSX, which was an improvment of FS9, which was an improvement upon FS2002 and so on. I look forward to the change and the improvement, so that it might be developed to make a more enjoyable gaming experience. I'll delve into the SDKs to see what new possibilities are available, what new techniques need be developed.

Maybe when Flight is released you'll give it a try? And maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised? If not, there is still FSX to enjoy and be entertained by. Because no matter what we call it, it is still an entertainment product and that should be the goal for all simmers, new or old, heavy metal or small GA, is to be entertained.

Silverbird

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 01:12:59 am »
Thanks for posting the pics Sean, ;) Tino there is definitely in improvement, the shadows streams etc etc you have to really look at the pics carefully.  :) Hi Meshman I'm very much looking forward towards flight and the improvements so its looking great so far.   Bruce the sim will be the same as always just some nice new things added. the windows live thing doesn't get in the way of things at all we all should see this in a really good way I'm very happy that there will be other flight simulator even if they dropped the simulator name, which is not a big deal to me.

I had to post this question now for Umberto just too get in idea of what he might be thinking for the future I know its very early but time passes by very fast. so here it goes Umberto when ms releases msflight is fsdreamteam willing to redo all the airports for that sim? I'm not expecting any free update at all and I will gladly pay full price to get them back into msflight of course we have no idea yet but if there going with performance improvements I guess that would mean we will see allot of changes to how it handles scenery Im really hoping they make it easer for you guys and not harder.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:14:41 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

SirIsaac726

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 04:19:25 am »
I love how people think it is going to be a game.  Look at FSX.  Out of the box, that was a game, plain and simple.  Also, none of us that are speculating have hands on experience with its development so expecting something awful is just a bad attitude to take.

Now, how many of us play FSX or FS9 in its default state?  Chances are, not many of us.  We all buy addon aircraft, sceneries, etc.  So who cares what it is like out of the box as long as it is open to addon development?

Personally, I would love it if it is FSX just smoother out of the box on current systems.  Then I can dress it up how I like with all the addons that will be available.

Silverbird

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:46:30 pm »
I love how people think it is going to be a game.  Look at FSX.  Out of the box, that was a game, plain and simple.  Also, none of us that are speculating have hands on experience with its development so expecting something awful is just a bad attitude to take.

Now, how many of us play FSX or FS9 in its default state?  Chances are, not many of us.  We all buy addon aircraft, sceneries, etc.  So who cares what it is like out of the box as long as it is open to addon development?

Personally, I would love it if it is FSX just smoother out of the box on current systems.  Then I can dress it up how I like with all the addons that will be available.

Hi SirIsaac726 I'm hoping too, my biggest worry is performance hopefully flight has learned from past mistakes from the aes team.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR