Author Topic: What alterations are made to the FSX.CFG??  (Read 3442 times)

daveygurm10

What alterations are made to the FSX.CFG??
« on: December 23, 2010, 04:12:39 pm »
When installing FSDT products into FSX what alterations are made to the FSX.CFG?

I am curious as i know there are some 'tweaks' that you mention in the addon manager however some of them do not run great on my system.

For example i had recently installed FSX, tweaking away for days and testing. I had everything stablised. Tweaks such as affintymask, bufferpools & fiber fraction of whatever it is i never touched on advice of NickN's FSX tweak guide.

Since i installed FSDT JFK i am not getting the same performance i did before anywhere in the world. Alot of microstutters that i never had before.

So, just so i understand, what gets touched/changed/added into the FSX.CFG.

Thank you

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: What alterations are made to the FSX.CFG??
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:23:29 pm »
As far as I know nothing gets changed in the FSX.cfg when you install a FSDT product, except that in the Trusted section you will have two enteries like this after your initial install and you approve those two modules.

[Trusted]
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.kunuaknlnnzeliarkniwwweoetuhcrrqzlhabwze=1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.atznhhqouowwnwztwqcqtwqkkbwqhrzerwnwloek=1

Aside from that the only way to change FSX.cfg settings are if you change and apply them using Addon Manager. If you didn't do that then nothing else should be changed just by installing the product, aside from what I mentioned above.

In fact, I always make a back up of my fsx.cfg, scenery.cfg, exe.xml, and dll.xml before I install anything new. In the past after installing a new FSDT scenery I see no changed to it, or in FSX performance for that matter. Perhaps its just a fluke that your performance seems different, or you changed something else somewhere along the lines and forgot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »
I confirm nothing is changed in the FSX.CFG, unless you explicitly modify one of the tweaks in the Addon Manager AND press the "Save to FSX" button.

Of course, two entries on the [Trusted] are added, but they don't have any impact on performance whatsoever, and they are also removed if you uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager and/or Couatl engine that are made at the end of the Uninstall process.

daveygurm10

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »
Ok thank you for your confirmation guys.

Back to tweaking... :'(