Author Topic: People????????  (Read 19313 times)

Silverbird

Re: People????????
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 04:51:36 pm »
James with all due respect you have asked Umberto many many times about this and he always explained to you the reasons he writes a full paragraph explaining  it further and you basically say hes wasting his time? he has told us about the scripting engine and its ability to do many things that fsx has a limit on, also don't forget that it has taken this much time because of the issues with the fs9 user base finally moving too fsx.

I'm sure 100% Umberto knows exactly what we have been wanting in regards to people and a live environment buts its not going too help by pushing it I'm as eager as you are to finally see in all the fsdt airports.

Hi skimmer I love people! lol having them move and interact with are aircraft is something I always dreamed about in fs it is true we did get 2d people in terminals and even outside some scenery's like back too fs2002? I don't remember which was a big step, after that we got 3d marshallers like in cloud9 klax scenery which looked fantastic! and we got some 2d people in the terminal over in klas and Zurich.  

Then we got aes which helped greatly, currently aes really needs a major upgrade to there 3d models and I know Oliver is looking into it. and of course we have the final big one when fsdt releases there 3d models and there expanded python scripting engine its gonna be amazing I'm sure. the orbx peopleflow looks really wonderful and it gives you a big idea on how it will really look in future in regards to the further enhanced realism in flight simulator. but it is unfortunately limited to the fsx engine.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:55:27 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

skimmer

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 04:55:48 pm »
Virtuali, thanks for the great explanation, some of which I did not know. Im happy to know that you are working on populating scenery with people.Remember they dont have to be moving. At least not all of them.

Also thank you Silverbird.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 04:59:01 pm by skimmer »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 09:11:12 pm »
..but it is unfortunately limited to the fsx engine.

But is it really limited to the FSX engine?  With some of the technology developers are putting into sceneries, like elevated jetways you can actually taxi over, I'm not so sure some of them aren't writing their onw engines.  Microsoft never intended to have animated people on the tarmac.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 09:34:14 pm »
Microsoft never intended to have animated people on the tarmac.

Well, yes and no. They haven't supplied anything like that themselves (but there are several human characters as library objects in the default scenery), but they put the basic foundation to make it possible, and it was there since FSX was released.

It's a little bit tricky to define if we are running within the FSX engine or not. Surely, the basics are entirely provided by FSX, if it didn't supported animations with bones and vertex shaders, it would have been close to impossible to make such kind of characters. However, the FSX engine is made with many parts, which sometimes are intended for other uses, and are not really cooperating well between APIs. There's Simconnect, which is the "official " API, there's the XML gauge interface and the C gauges interface, and there's the scenery engine.

We used both official methods and reverse engineering as well, to get access to all of these, and used Python as a "glue" script engine, so once we got access, we don't have to worry in which language or how the original interface worked, but it's all wrapped in an easy to use language, which allows us to do very complex things, that FSX normally doesn't provide. For example, we don't have any limitation on the complexity/length of the animations, we don't have to loop them if we don't want to, we can have triggers, conditions, variable evaluations, control playback speed and direction, and interaction with any variable in the FSX engine. 

As I've tried to explain in my previous post, once we tested that human animations were theoretically possible (this was almost a couple of years ago), we haven't just dive in and started to animate stuff just to have something to show, but rather went to lay down the foundation to do something useful first, since the technology is just too good to be wasted on just scenery decoration.

Silverbird

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 09:39:22 pm »
Microsoft never intended to have animated people on the tarmac.

Well, yes and no. They haven't supplied anything like that themselves (but there are several human characters as library objects in the default scenery), but they put the basic foundation to make it possible, and it was there since FSX was released.

It's a little bit tricky to define if we are running within the FSX engine or not. Surely, the basics are entirely provided by FSX, if it didn't supported animations with bones and vertex shaders, it would have been close to impossible to make such kind of characters. However, the FSX engine is made with many parts, which sometimes are intended for other uses, and are not really cooperating well between APIs. There's Simconnect, which is the "official " API, there's the XML gauge interface and the C gauges interface, and there's the scenery engine.

We used both official methods and reverse engineering as well, to get access to all of these, and used Python as a "glue" script engine, so once we got access, we don't have to worry in which language or how the original interface worked, but it's all wrapped in an easy to use language, which allows us to do very complex things, that FSX normally doesn't provide. For example, we don't have any limitation on the complexity/length of the animations, we don't have to loop them if we don't want to, we can have triggers, conditions, variable evaluations, control playback speed and direction, and interaction with any variable in the FSX engine.  

As I've tried to explain in my previous post, once we tested that human animations were theoretically possible (this was almost a couple of years ago), we haven't just dive in and started to animate stuff just to have something to show, but rather went to lay down the foundation to do something useful first, since the technology is just too good to be wasted on just scenery decoration.

Was about to post a reply to Bruce's comment on the limits, but I'm glade you answered it Umberto.  :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

JamesChams

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 11:35:48 pm »
James with all due respect you have asked Umberto many many times about this and he always explained to you the reasons he writes a full paragraph explaining  it further...
Yes, we've been PM'ing each other on and off for over a year now about this and a few other things...  But, in all honesty, for a product that's NOT "Officially Announced", he sure is "singing like a canary" about it now.  Perhaps we'll get an "official announcement" soon, I think, huh? Perhaps ??? ;) ;D

Well, keep the questions coming guys... eventually we'll know all about it long before it ever gets released or "officially announced" ::)  Who knows, by then Orbx's product will go on sale for next Christmas, AES might get newer 3D models or Mr. Dirk Stuck's 3D models will kick their @$$E$ as well. ::)   And, we'll still be listening to how FSDT plans on a *much better* product; personally, I prefer everyone to "put their money where their mouth is" - including me. :)

But, at least every one is talking and not *warring* or "Flaming whining" for a change. ;D

Merry Christmas, Gents!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 11:57:36 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:53 am »
..for a product that's NOT "Officially Announced", he sure is "singing like a canary" about it now.

Are you mistaking this for the "not officially announced" product, James?  Virtuali isn't that stupid.  ;)

Who knows, by then Orbx's product will go on sale for next Christmas...

If you're referring to "People Flow", it will be free upgrades to their payware airports.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JamesChams

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 12:17:15 am »
..for a product that's NOT "Officially Announced", he sure is "singing like a canary" about it now.

Are you mistaking this for the "not officially announced" product, James?  Virtuali isn't that stupid.  ;)
Are you so sure ???

Yeah, I'm "pullings legs," I though you would've figured that out by now... ;D  

And, yes, its still NOT "officially announced" unless they makes a post and we see a backdoor or some other factual *pictorial something.* Until, then, I'm afraid its all just words on a page - Now, watch him correct me and tell me I'm wrong again; something he likes to do. :D

PS: I'm getting too old for this *doggy poop*; how about you, Mr. Hamilton?  Has it aged you any? ;D

On a Plus note, I would have liked to push that 200+ bone limit for KJFK and have people walking around and doing marshaller *stuff.*  But, someone would have whined more than I about their FPS... right?  ???
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:20:28 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 12:35:00 am »
Like I said,They dont have to moving around. :) There already is enough of a hit on FPS. I brought up this idea long ago and now and then I post something related to it. FSDT will not rush it because not enough people will say they want it . If that was the case then we would'nt be reading this,
since the technology is just too good to be wasted on just scenery decoration.

:)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:26:46 am by skimmer »

JamesChams

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 07:46:06 am »
Just, to keep this *idea* (Topic) alive...

Here's what I was attempting to indicated to everyone earlier; that it (people in FSX) are already a reality for FTX/Orbx sceneries, at least...

Hopefully, FSDT's airports won't be too far behind! ::)

BTW: (Virtuali)
While I'm going to venture an opinion, that MS' Flight might be to (Default) FSX what Windows 7 is to Vista, I have NO plans to invest in it (MS' Flight) anytime soon; especially when my current FSX already looks (>1,000x) better than their current previews.
eg.

So, we'll just have to wait and see what FSDT comes up with, won't we? ???
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:27:15 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 08:31:40 am »
James, you still don't want to understand: you can write whatever you want, we are not going to change ANYTHING regarding our announcements. We'll announce new products only when WE decide is the right time to do it, not because of your continuing soliciting.

EDIT:

Ok, you are STILL not getting it, and trying to be funny, by keep posting something was deleted several times. Because of this, you are banned from posting for a week.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:36:29 am by virtuali »

skimmer

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
People Flow. Wow ;D Only at Bundaberg for now though. BTW James do you have any of these pacs and if so how is the fps hit?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 08:16:14 pm by skimmer »

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:44 pm »
I don't need to wave ::) I LET my "flaps" do it ;D
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2011, 10:38:59 pm »
The elevators and ailerons can wave during flight, try doing that with flaps.   ;D

JamesChams

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 03:35:51 am »
People Flow. Wow ;D Only at Bundaberg for now though. BTW James do you have any of these pacs and if so how is the fps hit?
Yes, I posted a rather lengthy post; which saidly got *deleted.*

However, to answer you question, again, "Yes I do" and "I have NO low FPS hits on my "OLDER" system(s); with everything (FSX) MAX'ed, I get above >35 FPS even in advanced aircraft."   With the NEW system, still don't know yet.  Someday, I'll be *able/allowed* to tell you *Why!* ;D

PS: Also, Bundabery and Melbourne v2.0 have *People* but I not sure if Melbourne's *People* are still just static or not; see here:  http://fullterrain.com/product_ymml2.html
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:44:50 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams