Author Topic: Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 ??  (Read 15757 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 ??
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 10:13:21 am »
While I can't disagree with the logic of covering the 5 tube liners airports, there are other possible package scenarios that could be considered for v.2 and a v.3.

I'm sorry but, reasonably big airport for liners is the only thing that people buys. There's a linear correlation between the airport size and the fact is used for liners and its sales.

If we had to decided based on plain sales of Vol.1 alone, we wouldn't do it, since the time to do Vol. 1 was just the same to do PHNL, but sales were about half of it, and most of them were made at a discount so no, making two smaller airports in the time it takes to do a big one, does not pay off.

We just hope that, having 5 airports in the area will results in the 3 products promoting one with each other in the long run, especially giving users a reason to buy PHNL, since it was objected that is too far away from anything to be usable, so we came up with the Hawaii airports packages.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 02:20:07 pm »
...especially giving users a reason to buy PHNL, since it was objected that is too far away from anything to be usable, so we came up with the Hawaii airports packages.

Don't get me wrong, I bought PHNL in the first 1-2 weeks it was out.  However, I think you're dead on here.  Getting some other quality aiports near by with the purchase of Hawaii Vol. 1 has upped my useage of PHNL increadibly.  A second volume is a definite purchase for me and will just up useage even further of all these airports.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 05:09:07 pm »
I'm sorry but, reasonably big airport for liners is the only thing that people buys. There's a linear correlation between the airport size and the fact is used for liners and its sales.

We just hope that, having 5 airports in the area will results in the 3 products promoting one with each other in the long run, especially giving users a reason to buy PHNL, since it was objected that is too far away from anything to be usable, so we came up with the Hawaii airports packages.

I'm one of those guys who generally wont buy airports that are something I can't fly a 737, 767, or 747 into. For me personally I am more interested in medium to large mainland airports for either North/South America and Europe.

Given that I hardly ever do trans-Atlantic or trans-Pacific crossings is the only reason I haven't bought any of the Hawiian packages. I love FSDT airports more than anyone elses airports, but i'm in the camp of one of the guys who feels that PHNL and the other Hawiian airports are too far from the mainland to be of interest, to me at least, and is the only reason they are the only FSDT airports I haven't purchased. Not to say that I will never buy them, but with KLAX coming and KMIA at some point, I would rather wait and build my library with airports I know I will use before I get into the Hawiian stuff.

For me, FlyTampa's St. Maarten package was the only 'island' style airport I have ever bought since it can easily be flown to from KMIA or TJSJ in a flight lasting and hour to two and a half hours or without having to use time compression.

The idea though of adding more medium sized airports to the Hawiian airports is a good idea for people like me that could use them to island hop and take the drag out of an 8 hour flight over the water out of the picture. Does that mean I will buy them? Probably not, but its a good idea though to entice others to get onboard. Frankly, I will be glad when all the Hawiian stuff is wrapped up and Umberto and team can devote all or more of their efforts into getting some more main land big hubs completed for the US like KMIA, KSEA, KPHX,etc., and maybe even some more major Euro hubs. Frankly, with so many people chomping at the bit for KMIA and other large US airports, I am a little surprised that FSDT hasn't decided to take a break from Hawaii and work on those, then return to Hawaii at some point in the future.

Just my .02.

Silverbird

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 12:17:44 am »
We are already working on Hawaii #2

Thank's for the info Umberto, this is excellent news for me and some other's I wish it would have done better for you guys so hopefully this will bring more people to get phnl. they are beautiful islands and make for some really great short hop's  thanks for making this possible.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Boeing787

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 08:44:44 am »
 Hey Umberto and team,

I definitely agree that Vol.2 should consist of Kahului and Kona since these are two major Hawaiian airports that have yet to be done (besides, Kona is such a cool airport with its open air terminal that resembles a bunch of huts, no jetways, and lava making up the whole airfield....hence its gotta be done ;D). But, and not that I'm making a demand but just a request for consideration, if there is a vol. 3 I think the airport at Lanai City (LNY) and the main airport on Molokai (MKK) should be done.  I think the main reason that there should be a vol. 3 with these airports is because then all the major islands of Hawaii would then be covered with FSDT scenery.  I can then fly to Lanai and Molokai and be greeted with your awesome airports! Again, I don't know the market like you guys do, but for me it would be a great addon and a great way to fly my little Cessna 172 into these smaller airports. Also, since these airports would be smaller, you could maybe put in finer details that would take too much time at larger ones. Or maybe vol. 3 could be not quite as much as vol. 1 or 2, or maybe it could be offered as a bundle to one of the other volumes to make it the more appealing. Just some thoughts, but then again what do I know  ???  But what I do know is that I (and other people I'm sure) would definitely purchase it and they would make great stops for single-prop flying (as well as jets)  :) Hawaii would then be complete!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Joel
Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1, Honolulu

ASUS G72GX Gaming Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @2.53 GHz | 6 GB RAM | 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M CUDA | 64 bit Windows 7

JamesChams

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 12:35:34 am »
...We just hope that, having 5 airports in the area will results in the 3 products promoting one with each other in the long run, especially giving users a reason to buy PHNL, since it was objected that is too far away from anything to be usable, so we came up with the Hawaii airports packages.
Virtuali,
I would like to buy 3 or more products at an given time from FSDT from now on.  I think it make sense for me, both financially and practically; with installation of ADM & multiple updates for each package.  It allows for you (FSDT) the time to provide major fixes/updates to be worked out and feature implementations plus tools to be produced.  It also allows me to have time to work out issues and normalize my system's operations without making constant changes/fixes/updates on an on going basis, which are rather time consuming and take away from my "play time" with the product(s).  I have spent the last several months, time-permitting, trying to get the new setup up to where the old one was with everything installed, so these reasonings are factors that I must consider from now on.

That said (and without intension of causing any strife),
1). When do you propose to release v.2?  By Christmas or much much later?  
2). I'm also still wondering about the "FSX Tool"?  Which I'd hoped would be "officially announced" by now.  
While I have all the others, Hawaii v1, KDFW, and "Hawaii 2 or FSX Tool" will make 3 (or 4) products that I've yet to purchase.  And, if possible, I would like to try and purchase them on CD/DVD as well, if your "Buy on the Web" feature offers that (I've only purchased using Downloading the trial via ADM).

PS: 3). I assume the KLAX and any other developments are still way out in the distant future for release?

Grazie!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:29:19 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 09:56:53 am »
1). When do you propose to release v.2?  By Christmas or much much later?  

Not before KLAX will be released.

2). I'm also still wondering about the "FSX Tool"?  Which I'd hoped would be "officially announced" by now.

We don't comment on unannounced stuff. They are called unannounced for a reason...we'll announce it only when we are prepared to discuss it.

And, if possible, I would like to try and purchase them on CD/DVD as well, if your "Buy on the Web" feature offers that (I've only purchased using Downloading the trial via ADM).

I don't see any point of purchasing on CD or DVD. What good will do ? It would be exactly like the downloadable version, just more expensive, because it needs to be printed and shipped.

Since our downloads are always freely available without any formalities/registration, etc, there's not even the possible benefit of the CD acting as a backup.

PS: 3). I assume the KLAX and any other developments are still way out in the distant future for release?

KLAX will be the first product to be released, hopefully sometime in January.

JamesChams

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 02:32:12 am »

We don't comment on unannounced stuff. They are called unannounced for a reason...we'll announce it only when we are prepared to discuss it.
Your "breaking my heart" with this again...  That's two products you've "dropped the ball on" that I was really hoping you'd follow through on.  Well, "C'est la vie."    

And, if possible, I would like to try and purchase them on CD/DVD as well, if your "Buy on the Web" feature offers that (I've only purchased using Downloading the trial via ADM).

I don't see any point of purchasing on CD or DVD. What good will do ? It would be exactly like the downloadable version, just more expensive, because it needs to be printed and shipped.

Since our downloads are always freely available without any formalities/registration, etc, there's not even the possible benefit of the CD acting as a backup.
I ask this everwhere I shop, as it makes perfect sense for network-based server installations (remotely on multiple PC's); which saves on HDD repository space as well if its in an optical drive instead; and for recovery/setup from originals, which is what I have to do without having to look for each product (& Patch) on each downloaded  CD/DVD or HDD repository; I just have the original (fully updated), time is saved installing and I don't have to spend more time running to your site to download each package individually each time that happens.  So, for ME, it make PERFECT sense.  Although, don't feel that I'm require it of you; it would be nice though.

KLAX will be the first product to be released, hopefully sometime in January.

Keep up the good work; I'm looking forward to it. And, do tell the teams, their work is excellent as usual. 8)

Grazie!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:22:11 am by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2010, 04:19:28 am »
James... really?? You are breaking my heart too. And by "breaking" I mean "getting on" and by "heart", I mean "my nurves"... JK

Are you not capable of making your own backup discs?? And extra storage comes very cheap these days if you are maxed out. I just picked up another WD 1TB external HD on sale for $50. That makes 3 1TB drives for me plus the 2TB internal drive on my desktop. I agree with Umberto, there is really no excuse for needing a boxed version unless you like unwrapping it like Christmas and making a club house out of the box which is too small for your ass to fit in. Do you have internet connection problems where you live? Why are you installing on a network anyway? You should be able to do distribute the download version from the host PC across the network anyway... Besides, It takes like a minute to download the sceneries which are low on size bandwith... And if an update is released after you bought the boxed version you would have to download the update anyway. I don't get it... Just make your own installation disc James... Nice to see you back though ;)

BTW, does ANYONE know whats up with Oliver?? He has been very quiet and I am getting worried... ???
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 04:33:58 am by newmanix »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2010, 10:16:56 am »
Your "breaking my heart" with this again...  That's two products you've "dropped the ball on" that I was really hoping you'd follow through on.  Well, "C'est la vie."

Nowhere I've said we have "dropped the ball", I simply said that we'll discuss this only when WE are prepared to do it, and the timing it's entirely our own decision. Our FIRST duty, is to complete products we HAVE announced first, which is why KLAX and Hawaii 2 have the priority right now.

I ask this everwhere I shop, as it makes perfect sense for network-based server installations (remotely on multiple PC's); which saves on HDD repository space as well if its in an optical drive instead;

If hdd space is what bothers you, then just burn a DVD with our installers yourself...of course, nothing beats an HDD for the $/space ratio, which is why I've stopped burning DVDs ages ago but, if you like a DVD more, just burn it. It will be much better than a commercially printed DVD, because you'll be able to fit all our products in a single disk.

Again, since our downloads are always freely available and you can download them as many times as you wish, they don't have to take ANY space on your HDD, since you can even download them, install them, and delete them if you need to reclaim some space.

and for recovery/setup from originals, which is what I have to do without having to look for each product (& Patch) on each downloaded  CD/DVD or HDD repository

Chances are, by the time you'll installing again, we'll have updated our installer on the web site. We don't rely so much on patches, just because our Full installers are always freely available and always kept updated so, when making a total reinstall, it's just easier to not even questioning which product needs what upgrades, and just download everything again.

Although, don't feel that I'm require it of you; it would be nice though.

If you really like optical media, just burn a DVD yourself with all our installers but, as I've said, it doesn't make ANY SENSE for us to SELL you a DVD, which will be exactly like the download, just unnecessarily more expensive.

It's 2010, some computers are not even coming with an optical drive anymore, it will disappear just like the floppy disk (and Yes, it was Apple that started removing FDDs, and yes, everybody laughed when they did it...), everything will be "in the Cloud" in the next years.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:19:57 am by virtuali »

ddo2

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 04:26:34 pm »
Thanks for the update LAX above.  Based on the previous backdoors, I was thinking that it was coming out it the mid to late 2011.  January would be a nice not too late Christmas present.

Cheers!

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 09:16:37 pm »
It's 2010, some computers are not even coming with an optical drive anymore, it will disappear just like the floppy disk (and Yes, it was Apple that started removing FDDs, and yes, everybody laughed when they did it...), everything will be "in the Cloud" in the next years.[/quote]

I was one of those people who laughed at Apple when they chose not to add an optical drive on the AIR. But you are right. The only way I think can extend the life of the "CD" is BluRay. If game makers decide to use BluRay as installer discs for large games like Modern Warfare 2 (which uses 2 DVD's) then the life of CDROM/DVDROM/"BLUROM?" will last a bit longer... And I do understand needing to have boxed versions of certain products like MW2 which can take 4 hours to download via Steam. But FSDT sceneries only take a minute...

Nice to know we could have KLAX within a couple months. Looks like its time for prevews!!!  ;D ;D Hopefully it will debut on both platforms. Fingers crossed!!  8)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2010, 05:38:54 pm »
...everything will be "in the Cloud" in the next years.

Computer software via Napster, perhaps?  Download as much as you want for a monthly fee?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »
Computer software via Napster, perhaps?  Download as much as you want for a monthly fee?

Maybe, but probably way further down the road, because it would be quite difficult for all different publisher to agree on incomes.

What I really don't see surviving much longer, is the need to use optical supports. I don't remember the last time I've burned a CD or DVD, I have a Blu-ray burner, but probably made 2-3 disks in total, just to see if it worked. Netflix and Hulu are having great success, and Netflix basically stopped mailing DVDs, it's all streaming now.

And, apart from Apple, which really seems to be determined to kill any kind optical disc, the latest developments from Google and Microsoft (using their Office products without installing anything, working online in a browser), seems to go in that direction too. Not to mention the Chrome OS, which lives on the internet.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 04:07:50 pm »

Maybe, but probably way further down the road, because it would be quite difficult for all different publisher to agree on incomes.

What I really don't see surviving much longer, is the need to use optical supports. I don't remember the last time I've burned a CD or DVD, I have a Blu-ray burner, but probably made 2-3 disks in total, just to see if it worked. Netflix and Hulu are having great success, and Netflix basically stopped mailing DVDs, it's all streaming now.

And, apart from Apple, which really seems to be determined to kill any kind optical disc, the latest developments from Google and Microsoft (using their Office products without installing anything, working online in a browser), seems to go in that direction too. Not to mention the Chrome OS, which lives on the internet.
That's very interesting, you're able to keep up with the latest tech trends...eh Umberto.... :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????