Author Topic: Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 ??  (Read 15759 times)

BOOM

Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 ??
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »
Hello,I hate to be the one to ask this question but I'm enjoying Volume 1 so much that my curiousity is getting to me.

Has the Success of Hawaiin Airports Vol 1 made it possible to see a Vol 2?? Or still to early to tell?
Thanks very much.

Patrick

cybermasterz

Re: Hawaiian Airports Vol 2 ??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
Hello,I hate to be the one to ask this question but I'm enjoying Volume 1 so much that my curiousity is getting to me.

Has the Success of Hawaiin Airports Vol 1 made it possible to see a Vol 2?? Or still to early to tell?
Thanks very much.

well hawaiian airport vol.1 have just arrived so cheer its not hard to work wait while the vol.2 comes out
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

ESzczesniak

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 02:48:34 pm »
well hawaiian airport vol.1 have just arrived so cheer its not hard to work wait while the vol.2 comes out

I don't think the question was when Vol. 2 will come out.  FSDT has said in the past the whether a Vol. 2 will even be considered or not will depend on the success of PHNL and Hawaii Vol. 1.  I believe the question was whether or not the first two Hawaiin airports are considered enough of a sucess that a Vol. 2 may be planned in the future?

My concern is that it may not be.  Obviously they need some time to see what the sales numbers are like, but they have one team working on LAX and have been talking about what other projects the second team may be working on.  I haven't heard mentions of Hawaii anywhere in the list for this other team.  Perhaps they just need a break first though.

Russ

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:35:47 am »
...Has the Success of Hawaiin Airports Vol 1 made it possible to see a Vol 2?? Or still to early to tell?...

A good and valid question. I hope some response is forthcoming from FSDT.

scottb613

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »
Hi...

As a customer for PHNL and Hawaii #1 - this topic is also of great interest to me... How about it FSDreamteam - do your sales figures indicate that we have some chance for a Hawaii #2 ??? Honestly - I haven't seen many screenshots on the boards... To be fair - I really haven't seen the package pushed the way some of that Class B FSDT packages were... I'm certainly hoping for for Hawaii #2 as it's such a cool place to fly...

Regards,
Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 04:21:47 pm »
We are already working on Hawaii #2

Russ

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 04:50:07 pm »

Good news...Island hopping will be even better!

Thanks,

-Russ

cybermasterz

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »

OMG but on which airports ????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 05:39:57 pm »
Kahului (PHOG) is in developement right now, we'll decide the other one later, but is likely to be Kona (PHKO) so, together with PHNL and the Vol.1, we'll have the top 5 airports in Hawaii covered.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:41:56 pm by virtuali »

cybermasterz

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:51:07 pm »
Kahului (PHOG) is in developement right now, we'll decide the other one later, but is likely to be Kona (PHKO) so, together with PHNL and the Vol.1, we'll have the top 5 airports in Hawaii covered.

cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 10:42:09 pm »
That's going to be great with having Hawaiian airports Vol 2.......Will it complete the series for the Hawaii Airports? :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

scottb613

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »
Hi...

Thanks for the response - made my day !!!

Regards,
Scott

BOOM

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 02:32:02 am »

WOW!!! Wonderful News!!! I couldn't be Happier with your choices!!!
Thanks very much for your response
Cheers

Patrick

ESzczesniak

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 02:41:39 am »
Great News!  I'm already very happy with 3 Hawaiin airports, but 4-5 will be awesome.  The terrain is beautiful and the more mountainous terrain makes for more interestin procedures.

meshman

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 03:04:12 am »

While I can't disagree with the logic of covering the 5 tube liners airports, there are other possible package scenarios that could be considered for v.2 and a v.3. Maui has three airports that receive regular flight; Kahului, Kapalua and Hana. There's a v.2 to offer. Kona on The Big Island, coupled with Lanai and Molokai create package v.3. The smaller airports as a pair would equal the work of one of the two primary airports, so the time and effort versus the product cost/return is similar, with three packages being available and Honolulu.

Some of the smaller airports are served by Cessna Caravans, which was recently released to positive response. Couple that with a pilot I know of, maybe you do to, that flies one of these Caravans around Maui, Lanai and Molokai and you have a good source for information to get the work done right (Lanai has had recent work done) and a plane available to simulate real world flying.

But please, as a fellow developer of addons, beta-test, please. I love the work you have done and will be doing around "my islands", but there were problems I saw in the first five minutes at each of v.1's airports. Patches are OK, not needing patches is even better.

Then I'll take care of the itty-bitty fields, 1/2 of which don't exist any more!  8)