Author Topic: Cloud9 F104 Starfighter FS9 - FSX Conversion?  (Read 13264 times)

skc

Cloud9 F104 Starfighter FS9 - FSX Conversion?
« on: October 23, 2010, 10:42:06 am »
About a year back I downloaded and purchased the F104 Starfighter for FS9.
However I now have FSX. Is there a patch anywhere to convert it over to FSX or if someone has details on how to do this manually will appreciate. This is a great aircraft and I miss flying it and it's stimulating antics!

Thanks in advance,

SKC

Scorpio47

Re: Cloud9 F104 Starfighter FS9 - FSX Conversion?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:09:26 pm »
This topic did not receive an answer yet and I stumbled over it today, as I have the same question?

Is there a possibility to use the F-104 I purchased for FS9 in 2005 (yes, 6 years ago!!!) in FSX? Is there a newer version or a converted version available?

Thank you for any information you might have.

BTW, I also have the F-104 by Captainsim, but the Cloud9 version is so much closer to the real thing that I want to fly it in FSX also :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:25:48 am »
Sorry, I must have missed it, we always reply to all messages. Sorry, there's no patch for FSX for the F104, main reason is it had a very tricky flight model to simulate the F104 quirkiness so, when we tried to port it over FSX, it was unflyable. Not just "bad", but really un-flyable, it performed more like a rocket and it was uncontrollable.

Adding to the problem, we lost contact with the original team that worked for Cloud9. This wasn't made by us, I only did the Addon Manager for it, but never had any part in the airplane itself.

Ray

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:41 pm »
Hello all,

good news for you: There's a bunch of Italian flightsim dev's who got permission and the source files from the Cloud9 F-104 developers to continue on the development of the F-104S (ASA) Italian variant of the Starfighter for FSX!  ;D

The files are still available over at sourceforge (for free obviously):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/starfighter/files/

Read the manual!

Best wishes from another (Cloud9) F-104 fan!

andrew.carey

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:39 pm »
 ;D

Hello all,

good news for you: There's a bunch of Italian flightsim dev's who got permission and the source files from the Cloud9 F-104 developers to continue on the development of the F-104S (ASA) Italian variant of the Starfighter for FSX!  ;D

The files are still available over at sourceforge (for free obviously):

http://sourceforge.net/projects/starfighter/files/

Read the manual!

Best wishes from another (Cloud9) F-104 fan!