Author Topic: Work in Progress / 02  (Read 137991 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 02
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2010, 01:15:39 am »
Yes... Read your line before you post it  ;)

You wrote: i love me some AI..... it sounds wrong.. It should be like; I love AI traffic or Love AI in FS.  :)

I thought he was saying it like when Terrell Owens had the famous quote when he said "I love me some me". If your not in the US, Terrell Owens is a well know football player.

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2010, 01:26:26 am »
Yes... Read your line before you post it  ;)

You wrote: i love me some AI..... it sounds wrong.. It should be like; I love AI traffic or Love AI in FS.  :)

I thought he was saying it like when Terrell Owens had the famous quote when he said "I love me some me". If your not in the US, Terrell Owens is a well know football player.

T.O has a loud mouth lol

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2010, 06:39:43 am »
What that meant was look out for sales,discounts,etc....... :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2010, 05:43:36 pm »
T.O has a loud mouth lol

Just about the right size to stuff a football inside and shut him up once and for all.  ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cybermasterz

« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2010, 04:12:08 pm »
when to got W.I.P 3???????
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2010, 04:51:29 pm »

cybermasterz

New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

Silverbird

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »
Haven't seen any new updated pictures lately on LAX ??

Bill, there working on the ground work for klax so it takes allot of time before you see new photos. its one of the longest time consuming parts of scenery design.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2010, 03:41:27 pm »
yes, be patient  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Murf

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 10:45:13 am »
Have you ever seen a real world airport operating at 100% traffic capacity?  I doubt it.   ;)

Actually... yes... just about everyday.  ;)  SFO max's out pretty much every day.... ORD comes pretty close... DEN comes pretty close.... and if there is weather they DO max out... IAD max's out pretty much everyday. This is why an airport goes into what is called a "Flow Program".... which tends to cause serious delay's from one airport to another, and then it domino's to other airports.

I work in Flight Control for a major airline... so, I see happen regularly... especially when there is weather at those airports.   ;D
Senior Master Sergent (retired)

NG Pilot

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:51 pm »
Have you ever seen a real world airport operating at 100% traffic capacity?  I doubt it.   ;)

Actually... yes... just about everyday.  ;)  SFO max's out pretty much every day.... ORD comes pretty close... DEN comes pretty close.... and if there is weather they DO max out... IAD max's out pretty much everyday. This is why an airport goes into what is called a "Flow Program".... which tends to cause serious delay's from one airport to another, and then it domino's to other airports.

I work in Flight Control for a major airline... so, I see happen regularly... especially when there is weather at those airports.   ;D

I couldn't have said that better myself :)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2010, 10:24:53 pm »
I'm not buying it.  100% traffic means every gate and parking spot occupied, and aircraft are parked on the tarmac waiting to get in.  The ports you mention may be busy, but aircraft constantly taxi to the active.  Set your traffic slider to 100% and taxi to the active at any of the ports you mention, and see how many aircraft are ahead of you.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

ESzczesniak

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2010, 10:39:37 pm »
I'm not buying it.  100% traffic means every gate and parking spot occupied, and aircraft are parked on the tarmac waiting to get in.  The ports you mention may be busy, but aircraft constantly taxi to the active.  Set your traffic slider to 100% and taxi to the active at any of the ports you mention, and see how many aircraft are ahead of you.

Not necessarily true on 100% useage having all gates occupied.  There are stipulations on runway useage and aircraft spacing that limits how frequently aircraft can arrive or depart.  At an airport with enough gates, runway useage can be the limiting factor.

NG Pilot

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2010, 10:41:19 pm »
I'm not buying it.  100% traffic means every gate and parking spot occupied, and aircraft are parked on the tarmac waiting to get in.  The ports you mention may be busy, but aircraft constantly taxi to the active.  Set your traffic slider to 100% and taxi to the active at any of the ports you mention, and see how many aircraft are ahead of you.

Im never waiting in line for the active in places like KPGD or KSRQ evin with my 100% AI

Murf

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2010, 11:44:58 pm »

Hello Bruce...
Ok... let me qualify my statement a bit. I thought you were referring to the real world.

And this isn't directed specifically at you Bruce... but for everybody's general knowledge of basically how volume works in the real world...  ;D

So... I will make my point referring to the real world first, so that there is no confusion. 100% volume in the real world means that there is a specific number of A/C that ATC for a particular airport can SAFELY handle. Now, that number varies from day to day depending on how that particular ATC is staffed that day. It is NOT the number of A/C that the airport can physically hold with all parking and gate spots filled.
Take JFK for example... though it may actually be a poor example, and I will explain why. There have been MANY, MANY times that when I had flown into JFK (as a passenger) that we have sat on the tarmac or
taxiway in line for well over an hour waiting for a gate. Now, there are SEVERAL reasons as to why this would happen, but, I am not going to talk about those at the moment. And there have been several times when LEAVING a gate, we either sat at the gate (boarded) or crept along taxiing for 2 to 2 1/2 hours to get to the runway at JFK!!

Now, the reason for JFK perhaps not being a good example to use to explain "Volume", is because the large delay's I mentioned, are largely due to how JFK is laid out.... not entirely due to volume that the airport can handle... but then again it is, because of the amount of traffic that JFK has both on the ground and landing. I have seen MANY times A/C having to hold because of traffic jams on the ground... A/C can't get into or out of gates, and that then throws JFK into a flow program that has NOTHING to do with weather. JFK's lay out is horrible for getting around. They have an area called "the alley"... and MANY times, both leaving and going to a gate, I have been stuck in there for over an hour!!!

Ok... now as to 100% in game. I have NO idea, as I ONLY fly online, and if I was to fly offline with 100% traffic sliders... I think my system would choke and die... and I got a good system!!  :D
So I can't truly comment on in game 100% volume.

Again, I thought you were referencing real world airport volume not in game... I apologize for the confusion!!  ;)
Senior Master Sergent (retired)