Author Topic: Work in Progress / 02  (Read 138024 times)

flusispieler

Re: Work in Progress / 02
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 12:32:57 pm »
My ATi one does also. But thanks for reminding :D
I have to install DX 11 on my Vista lol

cybermasterz

« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »
My ATi one does also. But thanks for reminding :D
I have to install DX 11 on my Vista lol

LOL  :o :o :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam

Silverbird

« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:54 pm »
Like Umberto,  mentioned will have to wait for msflight for directx 11, fsx is direct x 9 with the choice of directx 10 preview mode which you must have windows vista or 7 to be able to run directx 10.  but flight  simulator x does not support directx 11 will have to wait for microsoft flight for that one. I can only run dx10 lol so I have too upgrade again!  :o  :D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 10:09:58 pm »
Like Umberto,  mentioned will have to wait for msflight for directx 11, fsx is direct x 9 with the choice of directx 10 preview mode which you must have windows vista or 7 to be able to run directx 10.  but flight  simulator x does not support directx 11 will have to wait for microsoft flight for that one. I can only run dx10 lol so I have too upgrade again!  :o  :D
I can say for sure there are few FSX addons that are DX10 compatible.....example CLS MD81/82 Jetliner. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

cybermasterz

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »
I can say for sure there are few FSX addons that are DX10 compatible.....example CLS MD81/82 Jetliner. :)

SURE  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MUC

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2010, 10:11:31 pm »
This time is different because, we are using even more FSX-only features (like 4096x4096 textures and 2048x2048 detail textures), that we can't do the scenery in FS9 without lowering the resolution compared to the other FS9 sceneries we made so far.

As we already explained, we don't know how this will be noticeable, without trying first. We will surely try, but we can't guarantee the end result right now, because we don't know yet. We will know when the FSX scenery is finished. The general idea is that, if it's visually worse than the 4-years old Cloud9 version, it might not be worth releasing it.

Very sad, as FSDT was one of the last bigger groups that where modeling constantly for FS9 up to now. At the time when the new MS Flightsimulator comes out, then FSX will become soon obsolete and the cycle starts anew...
I think, every new designed KLAX version for FS9 will be fine, as the real Airport layout has changed since the cloud9 version, hasn't it?

cybermasterz

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:51 pm »
This time is different because, we are using even more FSX-only features (like 4096x4096 textures and 2048x2048 detail textures), that we can't do the scenery in FS9 without lowering the resolution compared to the other FS9 sceneries we made so far.

As we already explained, we don't know how this will be noticeable, without trying first. We will surely try, but we can't guarantee the end result right now, because we don't know yet. We will know when the FSX scenery is finished. The general idea is that, if it's visually worse than the 4-years old Cloud9 version, it might not be worth releasing it.

Very sad, as FSDT was one of the last bigger groups that where modeling constantly for FS9 up to now. At the time when the new MS Flightsimulator comes out, then FSX will become soon obsolete and the cycle starts anew...
I think, every new designed KLAX version for FS9 will be fine, as the real Airport layout has changed since the cloud9 version, hasn't it?

I Think you didnt have read W.I.P 1 topic They basically said if they can do an FS9 version to their standards, they'll release it.

air driver

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2010, 01:08:13 am »
I'll wait for the Aerosoft version for fs9.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2010, 04:02:01 am »

LOL, you'll be waiting a long time since they aren't making KLAX. Besides, if you follow Aerosoft, you will know their policy on making airports for the US. They basically say it can't be done since there is no way to get adequate access to US airports to get pictures, etc., yet FSDT seems to have no problem making airports for the US and they are based in Italy.

cybermasterz

« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2010, 10:51:26 am »

LOL, you'll be waiting a long time since they aren't making KLAX. Besides, if you follow Aerosoft, you will know their policy on making airports for the US. They basically say it can't be done since there is no way to get adequate access to US airports to get pictures, etc., yet FSDT seems to have no problem making airports for the US and they are based in Italy.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2010, 03:54:15 pm »
...yet FSDT seems to have no problem making airports for the US and they are based in Italy.

Aerosoft is talking about traveling to the United States to personally photograph the airport, FSDT is probably using photos available elsewhere.  Mathijs has mentioned more than once about being detained at US airports, guess all that gray hair makes him look like a terrorist.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

yankeesji

Work in Progress / 02
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2010, 07:21:42 pm »
...yet FSDT seems to have no problem making airports for the US and they are based in Italy.

Aerosoft is talking about traveling to the United States to personally photograph the airport, FSDT is probably using photos available elsewhere.  Mathijs has mentioned more than once about being detained at US airports, guess all that gray hair makes him look like a terrorist.   ;D
LAX?

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2010, 07:39:51 pm »
Kennedy, I think.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2010, 04:42:38 am »
Aerosoft is talking about traveling to the United States to personally photograph the airport, FSDT is probably using photos available elsewhere.  Mathijs has mentioned more than once about being detained at US airports, guess all that gray hair makes him look like a terrorist.   ;D

I hadn't heard or read about them thinking about comming here to take pics of KJFK or KLAX for that matter.

Personally, I don't know why they would even bother to make a version of anything that FSDT has done. It's more like FSDT should remake some of the stuff that Aerosoft has made, then we could be assured of good FPS and not having to mip maps the textures ourselves.

I guess I will have to go take a look in their forum to see what they are saying about trying some US airports. It's funny that about a year or two after FSX first came out, I posted on their forum about doing some US airports and Mathijs said the usual about not getting access, etc. and I was kind of bummed about it. Mind you this was before FSDT really got cranking on US stuff. Now that I have all the US FSDT stuff, there is no way I would buy any Aerosoft renditions after some of my experiences with some of their work. That's just me though, but I think they have a LONG way to go before they get into the same league as FSDT when it comes to making airports and optimizing them to work well. Plus with some of the new stuff FSDT did with KDFW and are planning for KLAX, it's probably way over their heads to do all the cool stuff FSDT is working on.

Just my .02

POST EDIT: I just went and too a look thru their forum and didn't see any discussion on them considering JFK or LAX. Can you point me to the thread so I can see the remarks?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 05:20:14 am by cmpbllsjc »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »
I just went and too a look thru their forum and didn't see any discussion on them considering JFK or LAX. Can you point me to the thread so I can see the remarks?

They weren't considering either airport... Someone had made mention of their not doing US airports, and when Mathijs explained why, he mentioned having been detained for questioning at a US airport. Not sure which thread, or if it still exists.