Author Topic: Work in Progress / 01  (Read 102677 times)

cowings1588

Re: Work in Progress / 01
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2011, 08:39:01 am »
I'm liking the looks of LAX.. Keep up the Good work... Guys Don't rush them too much.. I know were all anxious for LAX to come out but at the same time we want FSDT to do there best with it so be patient & I'm sure soon we'll have it in our flightsim's soon enough..

I don't know if they can or not but I am really Hoping FSDT will be able to make it do what the real LAX does where that circle thing changes color.. Sorry for those who live in LA, maybe you can help me not really sure whay they call it but its the circle thing with the arch that changes color.. Blue,red,pink,green & whatever colors it changes too..   I hope FSDT will be able to have there's do that which will bring life too LAX    :)

Great Work on LAX so Far & of course Keep up the good work FSDT Team  !!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:49:24 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2011, 08:49:06 am »
I don't know if they can or not but I am really Hoping FSDT will be able to make it do what the real LAX does where that circle thing changes color...

We had it in the Cloud9 version already so, there shouldn't be any problems doing it again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:08 am »
Is it possible to include road traffic coming in and out of the airport?

About road traffic, all our previous sceneries followed this rule: in FSX, we ensure all the roads are flagged to accept traffic, which is then created automatically by FSX.

In FS9, since FS9 doesn't support road traffic, we don't add the custom animations to create it, because it would require doing extra work only for the FS9, which is outside of the scope of the level of support we are prepared to give to FS9 today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2011, 10:49:48 am »
I understand about the FS9 issue, but can you create custom traffic in FSX?

I'm not sure what do you mean with "custom" traffic here.

If you mean being able to have cars following a custom path which can be specified to conform to the airport, then it's an FSX feature (not available in FS9), which we used in most of our sceneries already.

This is quite convenient, both because it can be user controlled in complexity (or turned off) very easily using the FSX settings, and because it's much more fps friendly than FS9-style custom animations. Another advantage of this, is a better continuity between the car traffic flow at the airport, and the rest of the surrounding scenery, which you might have enhanced with other products, like Ultimate Terrain or similar ones.

If, instead, you mean cars with custom appearance, then it's a plain 3DS animation that, even if it allows to customize the cars appearance, doesn't allow for much density without killing the performances, and doesn't really integrate with the rest of the scenery. That's what we used to do road traffic in FS9, but doesn't really make much sense in FSX.

For example Orbx Melbourne has road traffic coming in and out of the airport entrance, as well as roads near the airport. Will you guys be able to create this feature for LAX?

We had road traffic in FSX for ages...at KFLL, KLAS, PHNL and KDFW, and it also follows the elevated road bridges around the airport, so there's are no reasons to think they wouldn't be at KLAX as well.

Dimon

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2011, 02:33:06 pm »
I believe that the question was not about pure "road" traffic, but about a feature similar to Aerosoft  AES-Lite, i.e. airport's fleets of vehicles. Why not to cooperate with Oliver on this item? I understand that it may result in price hike, but I don;t think it's going to be significant.

Anyway, I'm happy that the chances for FS2004 version are solid and I will buy it in any shape and form.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2011, 03:03:05 pm »
I believe that the question was not about pure "road" traffic, but about a feature similar to Aerosoft  AES-Lite, i.e. airport's fleets of vehicles

The question was about road traffic on the freeways that lead or are close to the airport, not airport service vehicles inside its perimeter.

Why not to cooperate with Oliver on this item? I understand that it may result in price hike, but I don;t think it's going to be significant.

We already have the simpler AES-lite style airport traffic in the FSX version of our sceneries, and we'll soon have a more complete solution, which is going to be far more advanced and flexible than anything available right now on the market. FSX only, of course.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:07:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2011, 06:17:25 pm »
What I mean to ask is if you can create customized paths for the cars.

I think this should have answered the question:

If you mean being able to have cars following a custom path which can be specified to conform to the airport, then it's an FSX feature (not available in FS9), which we used in most of our sceneries already.

You can see an example of it in KLAS or KDFW: road traffic pass through the airport and at KLAS goes over the elevated roads, and at KDFW it goes under the bridged taxiways.

aircanadajet

« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2011, 07:57:48 pm »
... I don't think I can't wait 3-4 months for the airport! I mean... is not like the developers are working on their free time! are they??? Geez. I want it now!!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:17:15 pm by aircanadajet »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »
... I don't think I can't wait 3-4 months for the airport!

Nobody said it will be released so late, and we don't have any reasons to believe it will.

aircanadajet

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2011, 09:37:02 pm »

Nobody said it will be released so late, and we don't have any reasons to believe it will.
yay!! (could you give us an estimate? please?)

SirIsaac726

« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2011, 09:42:32 pm »

yay!! (could you give us an estimate? please?)

Remember, as FSDT staff have said before, the most boring, tedious and time consumer part was while we weren't seeing previews (stuff that there really isn't anything to show for in a preview).  Seeing as they have just released previews and it appears as if large 3D objects are being completed, I'd say the time frame is looking very good.