Author Topic: Intersim studios is no Dead!!  (Read 59754 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Intersim studios is no Dead!!
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 10:36:23 pm »
 and ...Fly Tampa is one of the most sucessfull company with a lot of nice addons... the quantity doesn.t mean anything..  

Sorry, but you are entirely wrong. The quantity means *everything*, when you have to pay the bills.

their are good and they are founders on this market...

Ok, I understand you are very new to this, and don't know much of the flight sim market but please, do some research first, before embarassing yourself with your lack of knowledge about this matter:

Not many commercial Flight sim developers were around in 1993, when I've started doing this professionally. FS was at version 4.0, and it ran under Ms-Dos, and other than us, I do recall only Mallard software (which was related to Bruce Artwick anyway), Aerosoft and not much else...

If you want to have a look of our first product...published in 1993 by this company, which was mine at that time, as it is today:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/italyfs4_photo1.jpg
http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/italyfs4_photo2.jpg
http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/italyfs4_photo3.jpg

FYI, Flightsim addons back then sold better than today. It was back the market was "founded", and FT appeared on the market about 10 years later.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:38:30 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 10:56:28 pm »
wow! man I wish we had retail boxes like these now! a manual and even a plane model maps, those were the good days.  :'(
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 10:56:59 pm »
WOW!!!! I had no idea that you had been involved with FS that long. I have been heavy into FS since 1983, and I never even heard of you until C9. I knew of FT way before your company. Then again, the addons really were pointless to me prior to FS 95, and even then it was a small improvement. I didnt really see any value in addons til FS2002.
Eitehr way it doesnt really matter who or how people make the addons. Everyone has there own style, and there own creativness.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:15:40 pm by virtuali »
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Silverbird

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 11:08:36 pm »
I remember Umberto from the lago online days he had released the first gmax phnl scenery! lol God has it been that long its been so many years. I was really young too in my teens
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:15:50 pm by virtuali »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 11:11:08 pm »
It's a complete shame this topic has gotten way out of hand. :P FSDT products are of excellent quailty period :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 11:27:30 pm »
I have been heavy into FS since 1983, and I never even heard of you until C9

Ok, then these are for you:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/ev_simulatori1.jpg
http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/ev_simulatori2.jpg
http://www.virtualisoftware.com/oldstuff/ev_simulatori3.jpg

Now the explanation:

The year was 1984, and I was in high school back then, and also used to do part-time work for a company that sold software at the newstands (which was very hot in Italy back then) for the Commodore home computers. We did our own software, but the market back then was dominated by pirated copies of commercial products, sold in the open, just with changed names. We had funny italian names for games from Epyx, Electronic Arts, Microprose, etc. Copyright law in Italy didn't cover software until 1992 so, nobody could really do much against it.

The screenshots shows part of a compilation of Flight Sim software, which was released by this company I used to work with. It was distributed on 2 Cassette Tapes, and included stuff like Microprose "Solo Flight", and even SubLogic FS 2.0, all for the Commodore 64. This was FS2.0.

The issue was, FS 2.0 was a disk-only product but, in 1984, not many users could afford a floppy drive for the C64 so, my bosses asked me to do something about it so, with lots of hackery, I've put FS2.0 ON A TAPE and, while I was at it, I also translated in Italian! See the screenshots...( the name "Aldo Campanozzi" you see on the first screen, it's only the graphic designer that did the starting splash screen, I haven't put my name on it...)

I don't think SubLogic ever knew that FS2.0 on the Commodore had a special italian version, which was both illegally sold (well, in Italy, it wasn't technically illegal in 1984) and ran on a Tape, rather than floppies...

This "started" my career in Flight sim developement somehow...I'm not too proud of it, since it was basically an hacking but hey, I was only 17...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:29:29 am by virtuali »

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 11:49:43 pm »
that's awesome virtuali!

Silverbird

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2010, 12:19:47 am »
that's awesome virtuali!

That's really cool Umberto its always fun learning more about people, who make some of the best add-ons on the market.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2010, 12:21:53 am »
Wow!! I really like the direction this topic is going. Umberto, holy crap! I hope this doesn't make you feel bad but you have been at this sence I was 5 years old. I will be 29 on Oct 31st.  :o I had no idea how much passion you had in home simulation development. You are likely to be the longest time developer in the field. If Microsoft is not consulting you on their future product, they should!!! It really is great to see how far simulation has come over the years. This would make a cool History channel episode: "The History of Flight Simulation." You'd be all over it! ;)

http://fshistory.simflight.com/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:25:47 am by newmanix »

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2010, 04:08:25 am »
That takes me back to the early days. I was living in Hong Kong at the time, and I had a black market computer called a pineapple (Want to be apple I think), I had blackmarket copies of every game you can image. We I moved back to the USA, I got my first Commodore 64 w/ the floppy drive. Flight Sim in color was a huge jump for the time.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:40:31 am by virtuali »
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2010, 04:01:52 pm »
that's awesome virtuali!

That's really cool Umberto its always fun learning more about people, who make some of the best add-ons on the market.

I agree. I always am interested to see how the developers got their start in the FS addon business, as well as what their interests are outside of the FS world. I think I remember Umberto mentioning once that he is also a musician and is, or was also in a band.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2010, 04:12:09 pm »
I think I remember Umberto mentioning once that he is also a musician and is, or was also in a band.

Yes, in the late 80's I worked for Roland Italy, and I also was in a band (which still exists and doing very well today...) as keyboardist, playing professionally in clubs, until 1993, when I've started this company.

I found that many Flight sim developers are also musicians, Andras Kozma, for example, is a very good one:

http://web.axelero.hu/andkozma/kozma.html

but there are several others as well...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 04:15:21 pm by virtuali »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »
I think I remember Umberto mentioning once that he is also a musician and is, or was also in a band.

Yes, in the late 80's I worked for Roland Italy, and I also was in a band (which still exists and doing very well today...) as keyboardist, playing professionally in clubs, until 1993, when I've started this company.

That's cool. You guys have any video online showing you guys playing, like on Youtube? I would be interested in hearing your band in action.

Silverbird

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 05:09:41 pm »

I found that many Flight sim developers are also musicians, Andras Kozma, for example, is a very good one:

http://web.axelero.hu/andkozma/kozma.html

but there are several others as well...

Hey thats cool! I had no idea Andras Kozma was a musician too, :) Umberto, you still play the keyboard when you have free time? don't you miss playing at the clubs?

That's cool. You guys have any video online showing you guys playing, like on Youtube? I would be interested in hearing your band in action.

I agree That would be really nice!  ;D if there was some video of it.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2010, 05:53:41 pm »
It's official!! Umberto must have a song from his band to company the LAX photos on the homepage when the scenery is released!!! Ohh yeah!!  :D