Author Topic: Intersim studios is no Dead!!  (Read 59782 times)

Juniorpm

Re: Intersim studios is no Dead!!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 10:53:18 pm »
nonono...dont get me wrong... Jet22 ..its fine...just i dont want that the guys from FSDT think that i am stealing clients...ajajajajajajajajajajaa...its fine...thanks for your question... :D

Junior Puente
CEO - 3D Artist
ITERSim Studios
www.intersimstudios.com (under maint)

NG Pilot

• Who needs Airbus when you have Boeing!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010, 02:51:58 am »
yes sir...key west is one of our free airports,,  thanks
(please i dont want take this website for private announcements)

Key West eh ,sounds good to me ill have to get it when it comes out 8)....what other scenaries do you guys have?, ive never herd of intersim before ???

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 04:33:28 am »
just i dont want that the guys from FSDT think that i am stealing clients

Nobody thinks you're stealing customers, Junior, but you have to admit the announcement of your doing MIA coming after FSDT announces they're doing it seems a little too coincidental.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 07:15:39 am »
It's a free market right? free competition for eveyone.  ;)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Juniorpm

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 07:45:46 am »
agree with you Lindbergh72

and Bruce Hamilton... if you read my message..what i said was that INTERSIM is not "dead"...and FSDT can make any airport ..they are really good  ...so  i dont think that the're going to cancel their project..and intersim was the first company making miami ...and several times i spoke with martin (fly tampa) about release a new version of miami but nobady want release miami and that was long time ago..so thats why we decided put our hands in the project,,after that a lot of companies are looking into miami and i dont have any problem with that..as we're in a free world ...as i said before,, i am not here for make me rich or competency..i am here trying to do a better virtual world for all.. and why i wrote here..becouse i was some time reading those messages about INTERSim and i want leave something clear.. we are not dead.. thanks

( i can't write about KMIA due some negotiations now) ;)

Junior Puente
CEO - 3D Artist
ITERSim Studios

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2010, 10:03:17 am »
nonono...dont get me wrong... Jet22 ..its fine...just i dont want that the guys from FSDT think that i am stealing clients...

It will take a little bit more than forum posts, to steal any customers from us. For example, what about learning to create a good scenery first, then starting your own website and forum, and try to get users there, instead of using our own payed web space, bandwidth and, most of all, notoriety ?

I remind you this is NOT a public forum. Normally, when you want to advertise your own stuff on another website, you BUY a banner, which gets more expensive the more popular the website is.

So, please, stop posting on all forums about your "company" not being dead. We are happy you are still alive, but the correct way of doing this, would be spending your time building a reliable website, getting customers, etc.

All things that are not easily doable, since (according to your signature) you are both "CEO", 3d modeler and texture artist. Not to rain in your parade but, sorry, this will never work.

Any successfull product is a TEAM work.

I'm perfectly able to do modeling, but I wouldn't do this in place of any of our modelers, because they are very good doing this, and because I'm supposed to do programming and support, which is my main task. I'm also able to do texturing, but I'm not making any textures, because we have a dedicated professional textures artist. And, there are more advanced stuff on the programming side, for which we have another programmer that is much better than me at this.

The times of the lone developer making a game product entirely on his own, selling and even supporting it, are long gone, since about 1986...

It's no use you keep repeating "I'll not get rich" (this is for sure, BTW...) or something like that. The moment you ask for user's money, you HAVE to act professionally. If you are not prepared to do this, you better stick to freeware. One of our designers made an extremely good freeware product, way better than many paywares around, before pretending to be able to do payware, then he joined us, and still had a long training period to learn lots of new things.

I have to ask you stop posting about your products, because it has gone way too far.

Not that we think you'll will "steal" even a single customer from us, but because it's just wrong doing business this way, like piggibacking on other developer's forum, or other embarassing things you did, like making business proposals on Latin VFR public forum. When you started announcing (the day after we said we are doing KMIA, how convenient...) you are still "alive", it was just laughable at first. Now, it starts to get annoying...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:06:03 am by virtuali »

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2010, 12:52:48 pm »
@virtuali

+1

TouchandGoFilms

• Touch and Go Films
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2010, 02:53:24 pm »
Oh Junior... Where do I start with you.  Too many things for me to type, so I will just give Virtuali a +2
Slade Mitchell
Owner of Touch and Go Films
www.touchandgofilms.com

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2010, 04:31:04 pm »
and Bruce Hamilton... if you read my message..what i said was that INTERSIM is not "dead"...

Did you even read my message, Junior?  I never said Intersim was dead... I said the timing of you announcing MIA after someone else announced it was a little fishy, nothing more.  I don't believe you'd be doing MIA if FSDT wasn't.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

feer

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »
hey bruce don't pay attention about that ,kmia should be done fsdt all the way who care or what company ,fsdt miami international airport all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol long live fsdt .feer ;D ;D ;D
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 2nd generation @ 4.0ghz
gigabyte p67a-ud3. patriot viper series 3 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
cpu fan Cooler Master's V6GT
MSI GTX 560TI  1GB 256-BIT @1000mhz  GDDR5
samsung 26 '' t260hd

SirIsaac726

« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 06:28:38 pm »
Any successfull product is a TEAM work.

+3 except for the part bolded above.  FlyTampa is Martin and George and Martin does the backend stuff as well as creates his sceneries.  George also creates his own sceneries but isn't involved in the backend.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 07:28:39 pm »
+3 except for the part bolded above.  FlyTampa is Martin and George and Martin does the backend stuff as well as creates his sceneries.  George also creates his own sceneries but isn't involved in the backend.

That simply proves my case even better. Just count how many sceneries FT released in the last 3 years, vs us.

"Successful" doesn't mean "nice". It means commercially successful in order to maintain a commercial operation running, and not as a side or a part-time job, but as the main job for most of the team members. If we took 12-15 months, or even more, to create a scenery, we would have closed shop already.

And, FT were just very lucky to have a very good back-catalog of FS9 sceneries that kept them afloat, in an unusual situation of a still relatively strong FS9 market, which is not something that is very common.

Judging from some of their latest post on FT forum, it seems they are not very happy of their current sales, compared to what they used to be.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:33:17 pm by virtuali »

Juniorpm

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 07:40:03 pm »
the only thing that i can say is...    "what an airport can do".

and ...Fly Tampa is one of the most sucessfull company with a lot of nice addons... the quantity doesn.t mean anything..  their are good and they are founders on this market..  and the rest of the companies are good too...evryone has a diferent style but  their are really good..all.

Junior Puente
CEO - 3D Artist
ITERSim Studios

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:47 pm »
Judging from some of their latest post on FT forum, it seems they are not very happy of their current sales, compared to what they used to be.

I think that's because they keep doing sceneries lately that as they put, they are interested in, and probably not so much as what customers are interested in. Look at what they used to make: KMIA, KSEA, KTPA, KSAN, etc, all big hubs that are pretty popular, compared to the last few offerings like The Grenadines and KBUF, not including Vienna which was an update to FSX. Granted Kai Tak is cool looking, but its a closed airport that requires some extra side work to get AI diverted to.

I would wager that if they started doing projects that customers are interested in like you guys do, they would probably have greater sales. Frankly, some of their latest stuff while probably really nice I haven't been in a hurry to rush out and buy, namely the The Grenadines and KBUF. Altough at some point in time I will probably buy their latest offering of Vienna and maybe Buffalo. My personal opinion is that if they had spent the time re-doing their FS9 stuff to work in FSX, which is often asked for, like Tampa, San Diego, Seattle, etc., their sales would have been much greater. From what they say, I think that they are into it as more of a side job or hobby than an actual business that they derive all thier income from.

Just my opinion, but that's how I perceive them to be.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 10:32:42 pm »
+3 except for the part bolded above.  FlyTampa is Martin and George and Martin does the backend stuff as well as creates his sceneries.  George also creates his own sceneries but isn't involved in the backend.

That simply proves my case even better. Just count how many sceneries FT released in the last 3 years, vs us.

"Successful" doesn't mean "nice". It means commercially successful in order to maintain a commercial operation running, and not as a side or a part-time job, but as the main job for most of the team members. If we took 12-15 months, or even more, to create a scenery, we would have closed shop already.

And, FT were just very lucky to have a very good back-catalog of FS9 sceneries that kept them afloat, in an unusual situation of a still relatively strong FS9 market, which is not something that is very common.

Fair enough.  I didn't take into account that you guys operate as a business different from FlyTampa in that they are more in it for the hobby...well, used to at least.  I know George has been trying to use this as a full-time job type of thing and that is the reason he has gone for the smaller airports (kinda in a pickle...he needs the money from sales but he can't wait long enough to complete a major airport that would give him quite a bit more sales than the smaller airports).