Author Topic: Payware Fighter planes  (Read 13462 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Payware Fighter planes
« on: February 07, 2008, 06:00:38 am »
i've been searching for fighter planes for FSX, its been a month now, i think i've downloaded about every single freeware avaliable on the internet, and tested 90% of the paywares, and the only one i can call a good one is the xLoad f/a-18D. its obvious why, because it uses the fsdt cockpit and captain sim made the model.
i mean, why the hell people cant make a regular airplane?, im not talking about a good one, but a regular. IRIS, alphasim, captainsim (besides the f-18) all of them are PURE CRAP. the external models might be cool, but the physics, the cockpit, hud, avionics, everything is a huge pile of shit.
i wonder if fsdt is ever gonna make another cockpit or even a whole plane.  :-[

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Payware Fighter planes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:48:19 am »
Have you tried Cloud9's Phantom ? We did that one too...

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:41:45 pm »
hmm i didnt know that
actually i didnt check cloud9 cuz i thought they had scenery only..
so let me ask you, does the f4 work in fsx? can i "try before buy" ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:59:14 pm »
Cloud9 has several fighter planes on sale (F104, MB339 and F4). We did the MB339 and the F4, and helped a bit with the F104. All are available as Trial, all are for FS9 only.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:52 pm »
ahhhh too bad i dont play fs9 anymore.
buuut nevermind this thread, i just found the Shockwave Productions website, and god, im impressed.

Kofi

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 07:28:50 pm »
Some of my FSX payware favorites....

Kofi

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »
Some interiors..

tutmeister

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 08:40:17 pm »
ahhhh too bad i dont play fs9 anymore.
buuut nevermind this thread, i just found the Shockwave Productions website, and god, im impressed.

Hmm, well apart from your very rude first post - disrespecting the hard work of all the payware people out there (can you actually do anything better yourself? If not, stop whining!), I'd say that the place you're going wrong is the fact you are playing microsoft flight simulator. ;)

If you've actually bought any recent IRIS product, you'd realize they have great potential and it's not always how glossy they look or if the textures are great (yes, they post chappd my ass too). Well at least you've found shockwave and I agree as they are in my top 3 payware manufacturers. But it really chaps my ass that you're so rude about it.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 12:45:34 am »
i'm sorry, i didn't mean to be rude, but i'm not disrespecting their "hard" work, i think they are disrespecting me when they want me to pay for something like this, cause i've seen better freeware stuff.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tutmeister

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:26 pm »
Fair enough, but I think this boils down to three things:

• 1. The fact that certain freeware developers are so good, they out perform payware developers sometimes (this is comparable to Linux being better than Windows, for example or any other open source philosophy.
  • 2. That it seems you are after pure looks, when certain developers put a lot of effort into the aircraft systems as it is a simulation.
  • 3. Payware developers have a time frame to make stuff, or risk losing money on a development - where as freeware developers generally tend to work on products in there spare time, or are retired and thus have the spare time.

Kofi

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 09:30:33 am »
i'm sorry, i didn't mean to be rude, but i'm not disrespecting their "hard" work, i think they are disrespecting me when they want me to pay for something like this, cause i've seen better freeware stuff.

Your screenshot is of the LAGO Tornado that was designed originally for FS2002.

Try something designed for FSX next time...

SUBS17

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 02:49:20 pm »
My own issue with FSX payware is my own expectations on what is worth spending money on and what is not. I've looked at quite a few payware addons and they don't as of yet contain enough detail to justify a purchase. When I state detail overall I get the impression of people making outstanding 3d models and cockpits but no attention to detail on the avionics, FM and aircrafts features. Theres alot of potential in FSX for really good aircraft addons but unfortunately they don't yet reach the level where I'd go and buy one and I'd be prepared to pay good money for a properly modelled aircraft such as a Hornet or F-16. No offence to the team that made the acceleration Hornet but if it was an addon on its own as a payware I probably wouldn't buy it unless it were more detailed.(FBW, weapons, full rampstart procedure, inflight refuelling with a basket, crash modelling) Couple such features with a carrier with full ATC, LSO, MP compatibility and you'd probably have alot of jet combat simmers lining up to buy FSX. Hopefully the next version of FS might have the ability to add such features and then you could get alot more from the sim. BTW on its own the acceleration hornet does demonstrate some cool features that I hadn't seen done before in FS (and even in some of the combat sims I still use) such as a decent working carrier with the need to lower the launch bar to use the CAT and also good modelling of the landings(best out of all the sims made so far including Lockons SU33 and Janes F/A-18, Superhornet is maybe 2nd place as far as that aspect is concerned) If the team made a 2nd version of the Hornet with all the bells and whistles I'd definately buy it.

tutmeister

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 08:03:18 pm »
I do agree with you here SUBS, but you also have to realize the amount of work that goes into each and every aircraft, the limitations that the developers need to work around and that it therefore is just not viable to make such an advanced aircraft, because you wouldn't break even.

SUBS17

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 12:48:44 am »
I think in the near furture it'll be possible due to the ESP program supports that stuff.