Author Topic: Another bglmanx.dll Error  (Read 5959 times)

Dougal

Another bglmanx.dll Error
« on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:26 am »
Hello

I'm another with the BGLMANX.DLL issue.

I've just done a new install of Win7x64 and FSX.

All was well until I installed FSDT KJFK & KORD.

Now when FSX starts I get the error: FSX has detected a problem with third party software...

Name: bglmanx.dll
Version 2,7,0,16
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s.

I've tried the things listed in the other thread on this matter without success.

Quite frustrating :'(

Thanks

Dougal

Re: Another bglmanx.dll Error
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 01:33:00 am »
...BUT...

I've just seen the other thread showing the Frame Limiter issue, which I use.

I'll check that out tomorrow and report back.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »
Why you posted this in the Cloud9 support section, since it seems you only have FSDT products ?

I've tried the things listed in the other thread on this matter without success.

Since your bglmanx.dll is quite old, you surely haven't tried any of the things suggested, like reinstalling the scenery with the antivirus off, because the only reason why you would end up with an old version, is that your antivirus has blocked the download of the current version of the .dll, so you are stuck with the old one.

So, as suggested in many other threads:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Dougal

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 03:58:32 pm »
Since that message was the FIRST one I got BEFORE doing ANYTHING that didn't work, I STONGLY RESENT being called a liar!!!

These will be my last addons from YOU sir!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:37:36 pm »
Since that message was the FIRST one I got BEFORE doing ANYTHING that didn't work, I STONGLY RESENT being called a liar!!!

Nobody called you a liar: I BELIEVE you have tried the things listed in other threads, however, you might have done it incorrectly, like missing a step, which doesn't obviously mean I think you are "lying" about having tried it.

Besides, you are not saying if, AFTER trying that suggestion, you are still getting the same message or a different one. You only said "without success". What does it mean ? Are you getting the SAME message as before, or a different one, with a different version number ?

Because, if you are still getting the same message with the same version number, you are still back at square one, which means "failure to get the current .dll", so you are still missing some step.

If, instead, you are getting the same message, but with a different version number, that's an entirely different issue which is probably not related to failure to update, but it's something else.