Author Topic: Who is making what SCENERY....  (Read 134384 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Re: Who is making what scenery....
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:57 pm »
I have just updated Imaginesim listing. I have had it confirmed that they are remaking KDEN, and KMSY. Newark and Detroit are not be remade for FSX. I have removed them from the list.

Figures. DTW is the red headed step child of the FS community. I'm surprised they even did a version for FS9. IS is really on my s-list now. Maybe the figured that the sales were not good for their FS9 version so why waste the time with a FSX version. Maybe if the taxiways were not pink in the FS9 version they may have sold more copies.

I thought they released a patch for the pink textures.  Besides, Detroit isn't the red-headed step-child of the FS community, it is the red-headed step-child of the United States. :P  At this point, the only good thing Detroit has is a hockey team, and after last year's regular season, even that is debate-able. :P

What about the Detroit Lions, They are pretty good....oh, wait......never mind, scratch that.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

duckbilled

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 07:19:29 pm »
I have just updated Imaginesim listing. I have had it confirmed that they are remaking KDEN, and KMSY. Newark and Detroit are not be remade for FSX. I have removed them from the list.

Figures. DTW is the red headed step child of the FS community. I'm surprised they even did a version for FS9. IS is really on my s-list now. Maybe the figured that the sales were not good for their FS9 version so why waste the time with a FSX version. Maybe if the taxiways were not pink in the FS9 version they may have sold more copies.

I thought they released a patch for the pink textures.  Besides, Detroit isn't the red-headed step-child of the FS community, it is the red-headed step-child of the United States. :P  At this point, the only good thing Detroit has is a hockey team, and after last year's regular season, even that is debate-able. :P

What about the Detroit Lions, They are pretty good....oh, wait......never mind, scratch that.

Can't argue with the Lions comment and the Wings are a bright spot (I'm a season ticket holder). This is why I push DTW when the opportunity arises. Everyone thinks Detroit is a terrible place; I disagree. Nonetheless, DTW is a beautiful airport and that is the most important thing within the context of these forums. The airport gets no attention because of every one's bias against the City of Detroit. DTW is almost a brand new airport, the #2 hub for the world's largest airline and it is a gateway to Asia and Europe. There are only a handful of airports where you will see 747's and DC-9's these days and DTW is one of those airports.

As far as the Imaginesim version, they received a lot of bad publicity for the pink textures. By the time they released the patch, most people had moved on. It goes to show that it is important to do things right the first time. The FPS were also pretty bad at DTW. Considering the Imaginesim version was flawed and is now outdated, I would say that there really isn't a usable version of DTW for FSX or FS9.

captainchris13

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »
As far as I know, Aerosoft isn't working on Dusseldorf yet. The airport will be developed from the German Airports Team (2 persons), but they are currently working on EDDM Munich and EDDS Stuttgart.

Please correct me, if I am wrong!
Chris

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 08:03:20 pm »
As far as I know, Aerosoft isn't working on Dusseldorf yet. The airport will be developed from the German Airports Team (2 persons), but they are currently working on EDDM Munich and EDDS Stuttgart.

Please correct me, if I am wrong!
Chris

I do not know if they have started on it or not. I have it listed simply because they have confirmed it as a scenery to be made.
Jonathan

-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 07:41:08 am »
I have updated the scenery listing for Taxi2Taxi. I had it listed as Santiago Chile, I was wrong. It is Santiago de Cuba airport.   :-[
Jonathan

-----------------------

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 11:13:44 pm »
Besides, Detroit isn't the red-headed step-child of the FS community, it is the red-headed step-child of the United States. :P  At this point, the only good thing Detroit has is a hockey team, and after last year's regular season, even that is debate-able. :P

I agree, that has to be one of the worst cities in the country. Its a horribly depressed city between unemployement, high level of people living below the poverty level, crime, property values going down the tube, etc. A friend of mine who works in the beer distribution has to go to Detroit every few months and he has basically told me as much that its a horrible place to go. The only thing I liked about that city was the Pistons a few years ago when they had the fab 5 of Price, Wallace, B. Wallace, Billups, and Hamilton. Now even thats been ruined :-(

I cant say much about the airport though. I rarely ever fly into it in the sim and never had the pleasure of Imaginesims version with the pink tarmac.

wmagrietha

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 03:51:23 am »
Man, I love this page. I have only been around flight sim for a couple of months, and had no idea that all of these developers existed. I suddenly have a very bad feeling that my pocket book is going to be empty very soon.  ;D

Do all developers do the polls like they have here? Or is it more of what ever they feel like doing?

Walt
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:52:58 am by wmagrietha »
Walter

yankeesji

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »
Man, I love this page. I have only been around flight sim for a couple of months, and had no idea that all of these developers existed. I suddenly have a very bad feeling that my pocket book is going to be empty very soon.  ;D

Do all developers do the polls like they have here? Or is it more of what ever they feel like doing?

Walt

This is the 1st pole I can recall, but I like the idea.  Generally I believe the developers just develope what they want..
Oh yes, the empty pocket book...man, buying all these addon planes and airports are a must...Really adds to the realism and enjoyment, it's kind of like a drug.  ;D

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 03:49:52 am »

Walt

This is the 1st pole I can recall, but I like the idea.  Generally I believe the developers just develope what they want..
Oh yes, the empty pocket book...man, buying all these addon planes and airports are a must...Really adds to the realism and enjoyment, it's kind of like a drug.  ;D

I have to agree with you about this being the first poll that I have seen; and I have been around FS for 20+ years. WOW.... Has it really been that long.... :o  
Welcome to the world of flight sim. So many places to fly, so little time!!! And never enough money to get everything.
Jonathan

-----------------------

wmagrietha

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:16 am »
Thank you to everyone that has answered my questions about the poll. I have another question about this page. I can tell that FSDreamtean is very high quality; are there any others that are the same quality? are there any that I should avoid?

Thank you!

Walter

SirIsaac726

« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 04:19:17 am »

Walt

This is the 1st pole I can recall, but I like the idea.  Generally I believe the developers just develope what they want..
Oh yes, the empty pocket book...man, buying all these addon planes and airports are a must...Really adds to the realism and enjoyment, it's kind of like a drug.  ;D

I have to agree with you about this being the first poll that I have seen; and I have been around FS for 20+ years. WOW.... Has it really been that long.... :o  
Welcome to the world of flight sim. So many places to fly, so little time!!! And never enough money to get everything.

I believe ImagineSim did one where you emailed them your choice out of a list they provided.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2010, 04:33:19 am »
FlyTampa will be releasing KBUF either later tonight or sometime tommorow.  ;D

RELEASED
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:49:15 am by CX 747-400 »
Jonathan

-----------------------

B777ER

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2010, 05:34:53 pm »
Looks like EWR has a strong showing in the poll. Currently 3rd after LAX and MIA.
Eric

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2010, 07:57:09 pm »
Actually, EWR is leading in the second poll.  I think they are going to do two airports.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2010, 08:23:45 pm »
Actually, EWR is leading in the second poll.  I think they are going to do two airports.

Virtuali has already said that the second poll was just to have additional choices and it isn't that they are necessarily doing one airport from one poll and another airport from the other poll.