Author Topic: Who is making what SCENERY....  (Read 134231 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Re: Who is making what SCENERY....
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2010, 03:05:04 am »
Also released by Aerosoft, US Cities X Las Vegas.

Looks neat, but I will never buy any of those city packs with no night textures regardless of how cheap they are.

Frankly in my opinion, Las Vegas with Mega Scenery Las Vegas and FSDT KLAS and scenery density turned up doesn't look all that much different and has night textures to boot. Except of course there will be a few buildings missing, but all in all for that area the stock with the above mentioned addons is pretty good.

I know they only include day textures to keep the download smaller and the price cheaper, but I really wish they would go all out and do night as well.

Check out the product page on the Aerosoft website, you will see that they are going to be releasing a free upgrade in march 2011 in order to add the night textures to US Cities: Las Vegas.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

phenocom

« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2010, 04:55:40 am »
That is a free upgrade with purchase of Las Vegas X NOW!!!

They will be offering this update untill March  2011

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2010, 06:03:42 am »
Check out the product page on the Aerosoft website, you will see that they are going to be releasing a free upgrade in march 2011 in order to add the night textures to US Cities: Las Vegas.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they were going to do a free upgrade.

Maybe then I will have a look at it. No point in buy it now though, for me anyway, and letting the installer sit on my backup drive until them. Frankly I would rather wait and see how it looks at night before buying, and of course make sure the upgrade gets done. I would hate to buy it and wait for an upgrade that for some reason got cancelled or they changed their mind on.

phenocom

« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know they were going to do a free upgrade.

Maybe then I will have a look at it. No point in buy it now though, for me anyway, and letting the installer sit on my backup drive until them. Frankly I would rather wait and see how it looks at night before buying, and of course make sure the upgrade gets done. I would hate to buy it and wait for an upgrade that for some reason got cancelled or they changed their mind on.

The free upgrade is available now for people who buy US Cities Las Vegas. You dont have to wait until March 2011!!!! It will only be available until the end of March 2011

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2010, 07:52:52 pm »
The free upgrade is available now for people who buy US Cities Las Vegas. You dont have to wait until March 2011!!!! It will only be available until the end of March 2011

How do you get the update? And why are they only making it available until March? You would think that if they went thru the trouble of making it, why would you not continue to publish the update, unless of course you plan to add it to the product at that point and charge more.

Shame they dont put some screen shots up so we can see the night textures.

waleed

« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2010, 09:27:20 pm »
I think it is just wrong wording on that one.
There is no update just yet (I checked to be safe), and it really makes no sense to put out a "time limited" update.

The author is probably up to his ears working on finishing Antarctica (and taking care of his baby) as it was supposed to be released this year, and that is why I think it will not be released before March.
http://www.limesim.com/

Merry Christmas.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2010, 11:52:47 pm »
The fact that he can do night textures for Vegas but not the others is bound to open a major can of worms.  I personally think New Orleans would look great at night.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #247 on: December 25, 2010, 06:03:31 am »
I think it is just wrong wording on that one.
There is no update just yet (I checked to be safe), and it really makes no sense to put out a "time limited" update.

The author is probably up to his ears working on finishing Antarctica (and taking care of his baby) as it was supposed to be released this year, and that is why I think it will not be released before March.
http://www.limesim.com/

Merry Christmas.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Most likely I wont buy it anyway, but if I was going to, I want to see actual pics of the night textures first.

Bruce is probably right. When they add night textures for it, it wil open up a can of worms for people who have been asking for them in all their other city sceneries.

waleed

« Reply #248 on: December 25, 2010, 06:33:00 am »
Totally agreed with the both of you on the can of worms for night textures.
Let us hope that Antarctica will overshadow any discussions.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #249 on: December 25, 2010, 05:42:56 pm »
I just love how Sascha asks you to support Antarctica by purchasing Las Vegas.  LOL!   ;D
I have VFR Germany, and US Cities excluding Vegas, so I think I've adequately supported Antarctica.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

samiranks

« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2011, 05:54:01 am »
I've been trying to find the LGB release on the website mentioned, but no luck...Can someone point me to it please?  Thanks.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2011, 05:56:35 pm »
On AVSIM, search on Long Beach Ansari

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #252 on: January 04, 2011, 05:18:18 am »
All good things must come to an end..... or maybe not!!

I will no longer be updating this page, or the aircraft page. If you are interested in keeping up with the information that is on these pages, please follow me over to:

http://flightsimbuzz.blogspot.com/

I have been working on setting this blog up the way I wanted it, and it is as close as I am going to get with a blog.

I hope you enjoy it!!!

A big thank you to FSDT for allowing me to keep this thread going for as long as I have!!!    ;D
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Jet22

« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2011, 04:08:14 pm »
KOAK Oakland International Airport Scenery will be doing Real Flight Environment
http://realflightenvironment.weebly.com/