Author Topic: ZurichX transfer to FS9  (Read 5184 times)

Bassplayer

ZurichX transfer to FS9
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:22:11 pm »
I have just purchased Zurich X for FSX . I read that unce purchased I am then able to place the airport into FS9 as the file is compatible. I haver attempted to do this and when i look in the Addon Manager in FS9 it says that Zurich is active. However there is no airport there only the runways and Aprons. No buildings whatsoever.  I have done something wrong when I transfered it and my experience of FS forums tells me someone will instantly have the answer. Any hepl wouls be appreciated.

Mick. ;D

Ray

Re: ZurichX transfer to FS9
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 06:29:11 pm »
Not sure what kind of transfer you're talking about. You might just simply download the zurich9_setup.exe on the Products page and use that for the installation.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:59:30 am by virtuali »

Bassplayer

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 06:54:02 pm »
Hi Ray    I was under the impression from the " Blurb " that once you had downloaded and paid for the product it could then be " Transferred and activated " in FS9. I was wrong, It is as you say more simple than that. All you do is download the FS9 version and it recognises you have bought the FSX version and activates itself.  My problem initially started when I attempted to download the FS9 version and it would not download save for an addon relating to Dreamteam products. This is when I assumed there was a linking programe in the system. Wrong again. I have now of course have the FS9 version running. It is just as well as my FSX is acting the goat at the moment with scenery and aircraft stuttering accross the screen. No such problems with FS9. I am in the market for a " Gaming " computer but £900:00 is not loose change.

Thanks Mick

Bassplayer

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:25 pm »
On a slightly different track. I have now downloaded KJFK and KDFW in preparation to buying. May I say the team are to be congratulated on the quality of detail and animation. When funds permit I will activate these and all the others in the portfolio.

Mick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 04:33:29 pm »
It's not entirely clear what your issue really is, nor what do you mean with "transfer".

As explained everywhere on this site, you only buy the airport, you don't buy an FS9 version or an FSX version, you are free to choose which version of the scenery you want to use. Even if you buy from FSX, you CAN activate the FS9 version, and vice-versa.

There's just one difference in how you activate the scenery, in case you want to run FSX or FS9 on the same computer and the same Windows installation, or not.

- If you are running FSX and FS9 on the same computer and the same Windows installation, then yes, you don't need to do anything: if you have activated a scenery in FSX, it will run as fully activated in FS9, and vice-versa.

- If you are running on different computers, or different Windows installs, then you need to manually activate the 2nd version, using the "Register Serial" function of the Addon Manager, using the Serial Number in your Email receipt.

Of course, you'll need to install the FS9 version under FS9 and the FSX version under FSX. The same scenery is NOT compatible with both sims! We have two different installers, one for FSX and one for FS9, you can't "move" your FSX scenery into FS9 and vice-versa.

Now, can you please describe exactly your problem ? Which scenery and which version have you installed, in which sim ? At the end of the installation, do you see the scenery, even if only in Trial, or not ?

cybermasterz

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »
Not sure what kind of transfer you're talking about. You might just simply download the zurich9_setup.exe on the Products page and use that for the installation:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmjyyiyd2z5

works fine for me :)
New Think Live Long FSDreamteam