FS9 support > JFK for FS9

JFK Issues - FS9 Shuts down

(1/2) > >>

Jsandrews1:
Hey there -
FS9 shuts down everytime I land at JFK, I see everything fine, approach works great, land then boom, FS9 crashes. It also will not start up from JFK, it will crash then as well. It is the only airport to do this that I have come accross. Any ideas?

OK, I just shut off all of my AI aircraft and it doesn't crash. That leads me to believe it is AI related. I am not sure you can help, but what would I look for in the AI aircraft that would casue this to crash? It is only at 800a-1000a, how can I find the plane that is causing this?

also, does it have to be in JFK or can it be at a surrounding airport?

Thanks - Jeff

virtuali:

--- Quote from: Jsandrews1 on August 22, 2010, 03:48:07 am ---OK, I just shut off all of my AI aircraft and it doesn't crash. That leads me to believe it is AI related.

also, does it have to be in JFK or can it be at a surrounding airport?
--- End quote ---

The most likely cause for this, is a corrupted/missing AI texture, it only happens at JFK (well, it probably happens at other places too, just you ned to find them), because that specific AI might be of a relatively rare livery, which is found in a few places.

Yes, it could be quite tricky to find it in hundreds of AIs. I don't know if there's some utility that scans for corrupted textures automatically, maybe there is.

Jsandrews1:
Thanks - not what I wanted to hear, but I understand. Off to find the file.

Thanks again - Love your sceneries.

Jeff

United_fan:
I too have this problem,JFK runs for 20 seconds or so,then stops and crashes.

United_fan:
I deleted Jet Blue's NY Jets plane,then flew around JFK for 20 minutes and it didn't crash. hhhmmmmmm?????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version