Author Topic: Preview video of Microsofts new sim called "Flight" posted  (Read 27168 times)

Silverbird

Re: Preview video of Microsofts new sim called "Flight" posted
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 05:13:05 am »
Check out the new video, and be sure to check out the new FAQ section on the Flight website.  The FAQs answer a lot of questions and address a lot of fears that have been expressed.

Are those god rays I see lol its great to see some new info and a video the faq clears up some things. ;)  :)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?"
A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.

Q: How does “Microsoft Flight” differ from “Flight Simulator?” Why the new name? What’s changed?
A: With “Microsoft Flight” we’re approaching the virtual flight genre from the ground up, with the focus on the universal appeal of the experience of Flight. We believe the simplicity of “Microsoft Flight” perfectly captures that vision while welcoming the millions of existing Flight Simulator fans. The new “Microsoft Flight” retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.

Q: How does Games for Windows – LIVE factor in?
A: Games for Windows – LIVE introduces a new level of connectivity to virtual flight, enhancing both the social and game play experiences of the title. Content is updated virtually. You can fly solo or join an entire global flight community online. You can easily connect with and facilitate flight experiences with your friends. The addition of Games for Windows - LIVE creates an ubiquitous virtual world of flight that offers easy and engaging access to the magic of flight for all.

Q: Who is developing “Microsoft Flight” now that ACES is gone?
A: "Microsoft Flight" is being developed by many of the same creative minds that shaped "Microsoft Flight Simulator," and we're excited about delivering a new take on this classic franchise.

Q: Why did Microsoft shut down ACES Studio last January?
A: Microsoft Game Studios is always evaluating its business model to determine what is best for both gamers and the company. Many factors were considered in the difficult decision to close ACES Studio, but we feel the 2009 closure helped us better align with our goals and long-term development plans. “Microsoft Flight” is being developed by many of the same creative minds that shaped the “Flight Simulator” franchise, and we’re excited about the delivering a new take on this classic franchise.

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:15:20 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:00 am »
Well we still have a bit to wait for to see what else comes out about MS "FLIGHT" :-\
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Silverbird

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »
Well we still have a bit to wait for to see what else comes out about MS "FLIGHT" :-\

That's true, at least it seems there releasing small bits of info I'm sort of confident on msflight I think it will be a good sim.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

russellbdavis

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 09:43:57 pm »
It sounds like, this will be an internet-connected venture only. When Microsoft says LIVE, it means, you HAVE to be connected to the internet. It will most likely not be a standalone product to enjoy without an internet connection. Sorry, but I'm not interested in such a move. It will probably be a fee-based subscription as well.  It's about money folks. I will keep my FS2004 and FSX.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 11:18:35 pm »
It sounds like, this will be an internet-connected venture only. When Microsoft says LIVE, it means, you HAVE to be connected to the internet. It will most likely not be a standalone product to enjoy without an internet connection. Sorry, but I'm not interested in such a move. It will probably be a fee-based subscription as well.  It's about money folks. I will keep my FS2004 and FSX.

While it's your right to be negative and pessimistic, until any of your ideas are actually proven as fact or fiction, I am going to keep an open mind and hope that it will end up being a solid release.

As far as the LIVE tag, I think some people posted on another board that they have some PC games by MS that are tagged as "Live", but they were only required to be connected to the web if they wanted to play online with others.

If it ends up being no good, then like you said we still have FS9 and FSX, but until we have more FACTS on what it will or wont do, I am going to refrain from making judgments on something we dont know anything about, other than what MS has already told us.