Author Topic: Preview video of Microsofts new sim called "Flight" posted  (Read 27019 times)

Silverbird

Re: Preview video of Microsofts new sim called "Flight" posted
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 03:44:49 am »
Yeah, George over at FlyTampa just confirmed they are under and NDA. I wonder if Umberto and the FSDT fellows are under the NDA also?

Maybe that's why Umberto said something the other day about them being really busy? Maybe they have more on their plates than just finishing the Hawiian stuff and trouble shooting DFW problems?
Yeah, George over at FlyTampa just confirmed they are under and NDA. I wonder if Umberto and the FSDT fellows are under the NDA also?

Maybe that's why Umberto said something the other day about them being really busy? Maybe they have more on their plates than just finishing the Hawiian stuff and trouble shooting DFW problems?

That's true Sean, I really hope they are part of the whole thing. kinda really sucks we don't have any solid details yet.

I could imagine there working hard on the fixes for dfw. if they are going to make stuff for the next fs. that means we will probably not see anything from them for fsx. for months maybe even longer year maybe?

If both teams are working with ms for the next simulator. could also be just for alpha/beta testing and some kind deal with selling there stuff with Microsoft.

I have no clue lol ??? :D if they are working with ms for building things for the next sim then it will still be great news's like they did with acceleration expansion. but like I said I really doubt will see anything for fsx if they have a full plate with the next fs.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 08:31:27 am »
Yes, of course we are under an NDA with Microsoft, but that's not really news, we have been under one since years, well before FSX was released.

From what we know about the new "Flight" title (and it's a lot more than what the community knows) I don't think this will affect much our future developements for FSX.

From now onw, until we get more details from Microsoft about what we can discuss and what we can't, I ask everyone not trying to get any more information from us, other than the official press release.

Silverbird

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 08:42:52 am »
Yes, of course we are under an NDA with Microsoft, but that's not really news, we have been under one since years, well before FSX was released.

From what we know about the new "Flight" title (and it's a lot more than what the community knows) I don't think this will affect much our future developements for FSX.

From now onw, until we get more details from Microsoft about what we can discuss and what we can't, I ask everyone not trying to get any more information from us, other than the official press release.

Thanks for clearing things up Umberto. glade it wont effect the developments for fsx. thanks.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

windshear

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 10:20:22 am »

Ah you big tease you :-*
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 04:50:04 pm »

Sounds good.

It will be interesting to see what you are allowed to reveal once you know the details.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 06:41:40 pm »
I think it's too early to speculate of what may or may not be as far as features, etc. However, if this is an in game screen shot, it looks like we may now finally have cloud shadows if you look beyong the airport. I had to edit this down to 1600 x 769, but you can still see the cloud shawdows in the background.

Where did you find this screenshot? If this is really the game, it looks absolutely amazing!

I took it from my computer, thats why I had to resize it.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »

Sounds good.

It will be interesting to see what you are allowed to reveal once you know the details.

Now I can't wait until more is released! :D  The fact that some of the big players in FS addon development are under an NDA is pretty interesting.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 08:38:26 pm »
Now I can't wait until more is released! :D  The fact that some of the big players in FS addon development are under an NDA is pretty interesting.

Yeah me too. Just knowing that some of the devs are/could be involved gives me some hope that it might be a viable platform rather than just some type of game. Although then again, it could be a game and the devs are just helping by contributing certain parts to it.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 09:47:55 pm »
Found another interesting article over on Avsim.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20013915-56.html

The good news according to the article is that:

"The company is offering few details on Flight, but Unangst said that it is looking to appeal to flying enthusiasts with the realism, accuracy, and fidelity they expect, but also imagines including other types of gameplay that might appeal more to novices."

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 12:28:58 am »
Hoo ya :) Want more more more addons for FSX ;D
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 01:21:10 am »
Hoo ya :) Want more more more addons for FSX ;D

And FS9 also!!!!     ;D
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Silverbird

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 01:26:02 am »
I'm going crazy trying to think of what there doing exactly my guess is they restarted with the fs9 code base and are adding the latest tech upgrades to the engine or they started from the fsx code and took everything that was slowing it down. and rebuilt with better code.  :D :o haha I dont know lol gonna need a few beers to think about this.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

SirIsaac726

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 01:45:03 am »
I'm going crazy trying to think of what there doing exactly my guess is they restarted with the fs9 code base and are adding the latest tech upgrades to the engine or they started from the fsx code and took everything that was slowing it down. and rebuilt with better code.  :D :o haha I dont know lol gonna need a few beers to think about this.

What they need to do is start with completely new code to best optimize the latest technology.  But hey, that's just my two sense. :D

kinm

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2010, 10:03:15 pm »

They can call this a game for all i care..........
All i want is more Hawaiian airports so i can start flying these inter-islands.
I'm happy with my FS9 for my "airliners flights" and FSX for my "scenery flights"........

Kin M.
(Klax)

SDFlyer

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 04:12:46 am »
Check out the new video, and be sure to check out the new FAQ section on the Flight website.  The FAQs answer a lot of questions and address a lot of fears that have been expressed.
Mark