Author Topic: Some AI is floating  (Read 23376 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some AI is floating
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 02:22:12 am »
I copied the two attached files where they are suppose to go

I already answered you about this, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3345.msg28988#msg28988

jerel2k10

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:11 am »
I copied the files yesterday.  They are in the correct locations.   I was reading through the other posts and that is where I got a little confused.   Does the altitude on the AFCAD need adjustment ... currently 607?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:12 am »
I was reading through the other posts and that is where I got a little confused.   Does the altitude on the AFCAD need adjustment ... currently 607?

If you use the KDFW.bgl we posted, you have to leave the AFCAD at 607. Some users reported problem in some areas with the new KDFW.bgl so, if you are seeing them too, don't use the posted KDFW.bgl, and put the AFCAD height to 603.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:38 am »
I am still having a problem with scenery bleedthrough (seeing grass) through taxiways.

Usual question: you see this at a specific location ?

In any case, please don't confuse different issues: this thread and those fixes are supposed to fix the Floating AI on arrivals problem. They are not strictly related to textures bleeding which, instead, are usually related to conflicts with other sceneries.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 11:08:42 am by virtuali »

AbqVlieger

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2010, 12:56:20 am »
I have been following this thread and I think that this is the proper one to post my question.  I have the floating AI issue but I also have the same problem with my aircraft.  Please let me know what I can do to fix the problem.  I have tried to follow this thread and have downloaded and installed the files mentioned above in this thread.  I have even used my vista control panel to delete the KDFW scenery and then downloaded 1.03.  I still have the same problem.  Any suggestions would be apprecieated.

I do have two screenshots however I do not know how to post pictures on this fourm.  All of my Aircraft, mine and AI, are "floating" about 3 feet above the runway.  When I leave the runway and turn on to the taxiway there is a loud thump and my aircraft seems to fall but when I go to spot view I am still floating.

FS9 with all service packs
Vista 64 bit

Ryan Jones

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2010, 01:04:46 am »
There's no need to post a screenshot, if you have AI floating about 3 feets (it's exactly 4 ft), that's the altitude difference between the correct scenery (ours = 607 ft) and the default FS9 scenery (603 ft).

If you are still seeing the default elevation with the current version, it means another scenery is in conflict, most likely another AFCAD that was based on the default FS9 scenery.

AbqVlieger

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 01:02:44 am »
Hello,

I did think of this but I can not find any duplicate AFCAD files for KDFW.  I am using the Scan AFD program to check for duplicate files and it only finds one.
"ap_kdfw.BGL"

AbqVlieger

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 04:08:18 am »
Mr. Virtuali,

You were correct  ;D,
I read the FSX fourm and saw the same problem and I started thinking about what scenery that could be in conflict.  I did have Sim Flyers version about 4 years ago but had deleted it form my system.  It was not, however, removed from my FS9 scenery- to fix the floating problem I scrolled through my list and found the SimFlyer listing and deactivated it and now everything is beautiful.

Thank you for your patience- hopefully my mistake will help others with a simular problem.