Author Topic: FS9 version 1.0.3 Update  (Read 42802 times)

felixthreeone

Re: FS9 version 1.0.2 Update
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2010, 09:07:04 pm »
LOL. Framerate issues. I was ready to buy....downloaded, installed, tried it as-was (no resizer) and got a wonderful 11fps. Applied the resixer, and gained a whopping 4 fps. So, this will not be one that I purchase. I will wait for the Hawaii islands pack. My PC simply can't handle it.

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 03:12:20 am »
LOL. Framerate issues. I was ready to buy....downloaded, installed, tried it as-was (no resizer) and got a wonderful 11fps. Applied the resixer, and gained a whopping 4 fps. So, this will not be one that I purchase. I will wait for the Hawaii islands pack. My PC simply can't handle it.

Thanks for sharing...?
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:28 pm »
Thanks for having advertized our wonderful Trial feature...:)

alptosun

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 10:31:41 am »
I installed the update and it solved the obvious problems. But is it possible to have the update without the reworked textures because I was happy with previous ones, now the quality is a little bit dropped

Thanks
Alp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 11:45:35 am »
But is it possible to have the update without the reworked textures because I was happy with previous ones, now the quality is a little bit dropped

Nothing has changed in the textures quality, we just removed unused alpha channels so, you shouldn't see any difference, since that channel was blank anyway.

alptosun

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 04:02:24 pm »
But is it possible to have the update without the reworked textures because I was happy with previous ones, now the quality is a little bit dropped

Nothing has changed in the textures quality, we just removed unused alpha channels so, you shouldn't see any difference, since that channel was blank anyway.

Then something's wrong with my installation, i will uninstall and try it again

Thanks

Nightflier101BL

Re: FS9 version 1.0.3 Update
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2010, 03:36:57 pm »
I just wanted to drop in here and mention this - I just now downloaded and purchased this scenery version 1.0.3.  Everything performs great, just it seems I'm getting texture loading issues.  It looks like the scenery color is darker closer to the aircraft as you fly along, and in the distance, it fades to a lighter color.  It loads in square tiles as you pass over the scenery.  

Does this have something to do with the recent update?  

Edit -- I was browsing around the screenshot forum and came upon this thread, where you can see exactly what I'm talking about:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3337.0

Also, during takeoff and landing, where those textures are changing, I'm seeing a brief blur off on the horizon.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:51:36 pm by Nightflier101BL »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2010, 07:45:55 pm »
It looks like the scenery color is darker closer to the aircraft as you fly along, and in the distance, it fades to a lighter color

That's just normal, the ground is made with two layers, and the overall color is a mixture of the base layer and the detail layer. Since the detail layer is not loaded when not needed for obvious performance reasons (you won't be able to see the details after a certain distance), it's normal the overall color would change.

It loads in square tiles as you pass over the scenery.

That's normal as well, since the scenery is made in tiles, like any other scenery out there that uses an higher resolution than FS9 would otherwise allow with photoreal scenery.

dave_paige

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 03:43:53 pm »
I just tried to download the KDFW 1.0.3 update and recieved a message that the website "declined to show this page". I am logged in to the forum as a tried the click the link. I purchased KDFW on August 7th so I suspect I need the update. Thanks.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »
Both FS9 links (full and update) works fine, I've just tested both.

- Clear your browser cache

- Remove all cookies from mediafire.com

- Restart the browser and try again

dave_paige

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 06:01:54 pm »
Thanks so much for the reply. I decided to redownload full installers for all of the five FSDT sceneries I own as I believe they are all out of date. I'm assuming the correct procedure is to uninstall each of them first and then reinstall, as apposed to just reinstalling over the current installation?

Dave