Author Topic: CTD after KDFW Installation  (Read 6577 times)

WinniJets

CTD after KDFW Installation
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:47:49 am »
Hi guys,
I really love your products in general, but I had no luck with KDFW. After installation my FS9 did not start anymore (crashed to desktop just after the first FS9 introduction screen). On top of KDFW I have installed LSGG, LSZH, KJFK, KLAS, KORD as well as KLAX (cloud9) and QW757. So I found the suggestion to deinstall the QW757, remove all bglman files and download the new addon manager from your side ... which I followed step by step. Some result here ... after a new installation the FS9 doesn´t start or CTD. I removed KLAX and QW757 again ... removed bglman files and tried to reinstall the addon manager ... same result. I am now totally frustrated: my FS9 runs, but all the pretty sceneries of yours are no longer available to me. Any solution for that. Thanks in advance.
Joerg, Germany  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTD after KDFW Installation
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:57:27 am »
If FS9 quits to desktop (not crash, a crash is always coming with a Windows error message, a quit is silent) without error messages, it's surely because you don't have the current version of the Addon Manager.

This is always updated automatically with every installer (even the QW757 does it) so, under normal condition, you shouldn't worry about not getting it.

However, there are some reason why you might not get it:

- You used an old Cloud9 installer for KLAX, which doesn't self-update, and might have reverted to the old version. If you use an old Cloud9 installer, you need to run the Stand Alone Addon Manager Cloud9 installer, to restore the correct version. Better yet, throw away the KLAX Cloud9 installer, and use our new FSDT installer, which has self-update capabilities.

- If you use the QW757, when you run the Addon Manager update, be sure you have the QW757 installed at that time (including its SP1). This is because even the QW757 Gauge is fetched online with the most current version by the Addon Manager installer but, only if it's installed at the moment you run it.

- It might be possible your antivirus has blocked the Addon Manager update, so you are still with an old version, which will quit FS9 at start, if mixed with newly installed scenery files. To fix this, do the following:

- Turn your antivirus OFF

- Run the Addon Manager stand-alone installer. DO NOT turn the antivirus ON, yet.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FS9\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn the antivirus back ON and try again running FS9.

Note that, it's best if you run the stand-alone Addon Manager installer as you last step, after everything is installed.

WinniJets

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 06:34:11 am »
Hello Umberto,
did everything as you said, but still the same result. FS9 crashes on start. It´s kind of frustrating. If I deinstall the addon manager fs9 works again, just without all my FSDT sceneries. I ran out of ideas, what to do, because your sceneries where mostly part of "my virtual schedule". What else can I do ? Any suggestions ?
Regards
Joerg

Leffe

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:22:58 am »
Hi!

You must uninstall your FSDT scenery from your "Control panel" and thereafter check your folder
that those folders are empty.
After that, run a new fresh install of your FSDT scenery, with you antivirus turned off.

/ Leffe
Corsair Graphite 600T Midi Tower
Corsair TX-850 W
MSI P67A-GD80
i7 2600K @ (3.4) OC 4.3 GHz - Antec Kuhler H2O 920
Corsair Vengeance# DDR3 1600MHz 16GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX CUDA
Corsair SSD Force Series# 3, 120GB
Western Digital Caviar® Black 1TB
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:03 am »
did everything as you said, but still the same result. FS9 crashes on start.

As I've said, if FS9 QUITS on start (it's not a crash, if you don't see any error messages), it means you have not installed the current version of the Addon Manager. And, since the installer automatically gets it online, the only possible explanation of not getting the currrent version, is that the antivirus is blocking its installation so, you are still on the old one.

Please repeast my previous instructions to the letter, don't skip ANY step. It's really important you run the installer with the antivirus TURNED OFF entirely, with the real time protection off, not just its user interface turned off.

AND, that you exclude the FS9\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL file from scanning BEFORE running it for the first time.

WinniJets

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:46:18 pm »
Do I have to reinstall all my FSDT Products or just KDFW and QWSIM 757 ? Because that still doesn´t work for me. After uninstalling the new AddOn manager I could use my FS9 again. So uninstalling all FSDT products (KJFK, KORD, KLAS, PHNL and KDFW) and then reinstall ?
Thanx so far
Joerg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 05:48:44 pm »
You don't need to uninstall anything: just run any installer again, and it will get the current Addon Manager from the internet.

Of course, this will only work if you correctly configure the antivirus, as explained in the previous posts.