Author Topic: "Park me", zooming and flickering  (Read 6462 times)

G.Bosak

"Park me", zooming and flickering
« on: August 07, 2010, 12:30:03 am »
hi FSDTeam,

first: this airport is very nice on FPS, congratulation!

during taxiing i noticed that a lot of "park me- boxes" are missing. (tried to use "park me" at Terminal B 36, like seen on screenshot)

zooming value of 0.30 and 0.40 let dissapear ground markings? Why? (2 screenshots)

flickering of whole scenery when via F12 in birdview (last screenshot)

(latest Nvidia driver, G200 chip, FSGlobal08, mesh settings completely right. killed Megascenery Dallas, i thought it would cause it, no success.)

regards
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:27:59 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "Park me", zooming and flickering
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 12:35:30 am »
zooming value of 0.30 and 0.40 let dissapear ground markings? Why? (2 screenshots)

Normal, not a bug, it's LOD in effect, that enters at such wide angle zoom levels. Extensive use of LOD, is why the scenery performs so good, despite of its size.

To be expected: it's a side effect of how the ground is made. I don't know if it could be fixed or not.

G.Bosak

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 12:53:55 am »

Normal, not a bug, it's LOD in effect, that enters at such wide angle zoom levels. Extensive use of LOD, is why the scenery performs so good, despite of its size.

To be expected: it's a side effect of how the ground is made. I don't know if it could be fixed or not.

hi umberto,

thx for the quick reply.

and if the ground should look like that:
&hd=1

i have to say, it doesn't! (pls have a look at my screenshot)

no bumb/specular mapping active on my ground textures (285GTX)

PS: the park me boxes you get fixed?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 01:04:49 am »
and if the ground should look like that:
&hd=1

i have to say, it doesn't! (pls have a look at my screenshot)

no bumb/specular mapping active on my ground textures (285GTX)

That was a first test, many people complained the effect was way too strong. However, to really get the effect, you should put your time at late afternoon or early morning, so the sun hits the ground at a low angle, then rotate the view around the airplane, and it will be very easy to see.

PS: the park me boxes you get fixed?

I don't understand what do you mean with this: your parking screenshot shows a perfectly fine optical alignement box, that's how is supposed to look like. If you want a better docking system, go to a parking with the SafeDock3, which is way more advanced.

G.Bosak

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 01:17:01 am »

I don't understand what do you mean with this: your parking screenshot shows a perfectly fine optical alignement box, that's how is supposed to look like. If you want a better docking system, go to a parking with the SafeDock3, which is way more advanced.

OK, didn't know this. I thought Safedock3 was planned on each gate and this rudimental arrow indication was just a placeholder in developing process, whatever. :D

My fault, sorry.

regards