Author Topic: Anyone know what Tidy.exe is?  (Read 4665 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Anyone know what Tidy.exe is?
« on: August 14, 2010, 10:14:02 am »
Tonight I noticed a file in my c:\Docs and Settings\User\Appdata\FSX folder where my fsx.cfg lives, called Tidy.exe and it was created today.

The only thing I did today was install the 1.04 update to KDFW and when I did a google search for it, the first hit came back to FSDreamteam.

I had never noticed that file before and frankly I dont know what it does or if I can/should delete it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Anyone know what Tidy.exe is?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 10:38:46 am »
It's a standard W3C utility that is used by the installer to clean the DLL/EXE XML files which, if really badly formatted, might cause problems, all our installer used it since ages...however, it supposed to be removed at the end of the installation, which is why you haven't seen it before.

Probably it's the "udate" installer that doesn't remove it, because it doesn't process the XML files. You can safely remove it, it's not needed after the installation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:51:10 am by virtuali »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:07:29 am »
Ah thats good to know and yes I didn'r have it before I ran the update installer.

Should I run the installer again to make sure I got all the correct update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:27 am »
Should I run the installer again to make sure I got all the correct update?

No, the 1.0.4 update includes everything you need to update from any previous version.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 12:55:56 pm »
What I meant was I wonder if I should run the 1.04 update again since it left the tidy.exe file? I was concerned that maybe it didn't take correctly. I guess it wouldn't hurt to run it again since it will just over write anything that was there before?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 01:35:55 pm »
What I meant was I wonder if I should run the 1.04 update again since it left the tidy.exe file?

It didn't leave the tidy.exe by accident, it's just not programmed to remove it so, it's all normal, just remove it. If you had to do other things, I would told you so.