Author Topic: We need some small airports in California to pair up with KLAS  (Read 20339 times)

laxclipper

Hello,

I would like to suggest that maybe KBUR, KSNA, KOAK, KRNO could make excellent aiport companions to fly to and from KLAS. I think most of us don't have enough time to complete a 2-3 hour flight. so a samller closer aiport makes for a very pleasant flight time. Plus they are not that big specially KBUR it would look great and it would be a must have for any pilots out there.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Edgar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: We need some small airports in California to pair up with KLAS
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 10:36:48 am »
We'll first need to evaluate sales of the upcoming Hawaii airports, to decide if making smaller aiports is economically feasible or not.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:31 pm »
This is a great idea!!!! I would also love to have some smaller airports closer to fly to. Anything over 2 hours is boring, i prefer shorter hops. I think the Hawaiian airports are gonne do really well... they look great!!!!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »
I agree. Now that we know another studio is doing San Francisco Intl, it would be great to see FSDT do something in SoCal like KONT or KSAN, both of which are relatively small airports.

In fact as quoted from Wikipedia "San Diego International is the busiest single-runway commercial service airport in the United States, and second in the world after London Gatwick, with approximately 600 departures and arrivals carrying 50,000 passengers each day, and a total of 18.3 million passengers in 2007. San Diego is the largest metropolitan area of the United States which does not serve as a hub nor secondary hub (or focus city) for any airline."

Frankly with the tons of photo scenery available for SoCal and the lack of airports that have been developed for the area, I am surprised that no developer has jumped in and started doing airports in that area. Hopefully FSDT or FT will be the first.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 03:46:01 pm »
+1

Yes, small airports please.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

perryfincher

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »
+2

Small airports would be cool.

Thanks
Perry Fincher
Trans World Virtual Airlines

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »
With FS9 slowing dying off, whoever does airports in SoCal or NoCal needs to make them compatible with the sceneries being developed by ORBX.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 06:52:00 pm »
+3 for the small airports.

I assume if the imaginesim San Jose scenery sold well then John Wane or Bob Hope with the far more superior FSDT quality should do well too....

FS9/FSX of cource...

bradl

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 08:28:22 pm »

While I haven't seen anything commercial outside of mesh (read: MegaScenery), Shez Ansari and Gottfreid Riezak (Blue Sky Sceneries) have created at least 3 airports in the SoCal basin: KPSP (okay, Coachella!), KONT, and KSNA. All 3 are fairly recent and highly detailed. The airports, on top of the BSS scenery, give a great experience for there. I think Shez even did KBUR. All of them are available at AVSIM.

KSAN, however, I haven't seen anything for the San Diego area, so that would be a good one to do, if it should be done.

BL.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:23:22 pm »
How about Reno/Tahoe International Airport KRNO :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

SirIsaac726

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 10:34:41 pm »

While I haven't seen anything commercial outside of mesh (read: MegaScenery), Shez Ansari and Gottfreid Riezak (Blue Sky Sceneries) have created at least 3 airports in the SoCal basin: KPSP (okay, Coachella!), KONT, and KSNA. All 3 are fairly recent and highly detailed. The airports, on top of the BSS scenery, give a great experience for there. I think Shez even did KBUR. All of them are available at AVSIM.

KSAN, however, I haven't seen anything for the San Diego area, so that would be a good one to do, if it should be done.

BL.

Those sceneries are great (and yes, Shez did a superb KBUR a while ago) and I take advantage of them quite a bit but for the FSX users out there, they are left with nothing.

laxclipper

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 11:04:58 pm »
I personally would buy the Smaller airports with out a doubt, They are very realistic and give you better frame rates. I have a nice computer and I can run FSX with megascenery earth the whole California state plus Arizona and Nevada with the REX textures in my Ariane 737-700 and get 25 fps landing at LAX,  35-40 fps in mid flight and about 28-30 if I take off from KLAS FSDT. with 35 % Traffic X with all eye candy in very high settings. except for the traffic which I have low due to the stupid planes wanting to land right behind you. I rencently did a flight from KORD - KJFK and it was amazing to land and take off on 2 nice airports. I would love to be able to do that in California.
I love to have my FSX as real as possible and there are lots of photo sceneries out there for california and the west coast but there are no airports. I think KBUR would be perfect because of the nice approach and take offs there.

I hope to see these airports made by FSDT.

Edgar

bradl

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 01:51:38 am »
Another thing to think about..

Most Central or NorCal airports don't have much detail, or are lacking in it too much for any group to do.

Shez already did a great SBA. Someone else also did all of the central California airports (L52, KSMX, and KSBP). BSS did Half Moon Bay, and the scenery surrounding the Bay (KSJC, KNUQ, KPAO, KHWD); and two other groups are doing KOAK and KSFO (that I am aware of). The only other airports missing would be anything between the Bay and Reno (KLVK, KAPC, KCCR, KEDU, KSAC, KMHR, KTVL, etc.). Dave Biggar did made a very EXCELLENT KSMF scenery that I'd highly recommend. It should be available at POSKY, if not AVSIM.

BL.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:15:00 am by bradl »

Joshua Dean

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 10:15:42 am »
I agree. Now that we know another studio is doing San Francisco Intl, it would be great to see FSDT do something in SoCal like KONT or KSAN, both of which are relatively small airports.

In fact as quoted from Wikipedia "San Diego International is the busiest single-runway commercial service airport in the United States, and second in the world after London Gatwick, with approximately 600 departures and arrivals carrying 50,000 passengers each day, and a total of 18.3 million passengers in 2007. San Diego is the largest metropolitan area of the United States which does not serve as a hub nor secondary hub (or focus city) for any airline."

Frankly with the tons of photo scenery available for SoCal and the lack of airports that have been developed for the area, I am surprised that no developer has jumped in and started doing airports in that area. Hopefully FSDT or FT will be the first.

FlyTampa have already done KSAN...

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 10:51:20 am »
FlyTampa have already done KSAN...

Not for FSX they haven't. Any sceneries I ever mention that I would like to be done are always refering to FSX. I'm done with FS9 even though there are lots of airports for it and even if I wanted to stay with FS9 I wouldn't be able to because of the upcomming NGX from PMDG.