Author Topic: Suddenly Can't Edit any Jetways  (Read 415 times)

atav757

Suddenly Can't Edit any Jetways
« on: May 13, 2024, 02:18:35 am »
Suddenly in P3D, the jetway tab disappeared at all airports, and I can't figure out how i can now edit jetways. Did something change in any recent updates?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Suddenly Can't Edit any Jetways
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2024, 02:26:17 am »
It looks like the scenery has its own SODE jetways, so it won't let you edit them unless you get rid of them. That said, it's unusual that the jetway tab isn't there. Usually it is, but you still couldn't do anything with the jetways if the scenery had its own SODE jetways. You can tell if it's using SODE jetways or not because it has the /JS in the gate position.
Captain Kevin

atav757

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2024, 02:40:49 am »
Thanks Kevin, but it's doing this at all airports, including ones that are default. No jetway tabs anywhere! I disabled this scenery and still to tab.

atav757

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 02:50:49 am »
It looks like the scenery has its own SODE jetways, so it won't let you edit them unless you get rid of them. That said, it's unusual that the jetway tab isn't there. Usually it is, but you still couldn't do anything with the jetways if the scenery had its own SODE jetways. You can tell if it's using SODE jetways or not because it has the /JS in the gate position.

Another example - at a default airport with no customizations.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 12:59:45 pm »
That is highly irregular. Did you try running an update to see if that would solve it.
Captain Kevin

atav757

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 04:18:57 am »
That is highly irregular. Did you try running an update to see if that would solve it.

To GSX? Yeah, this all happened after a recent update. I'll try a full uninstall I guess and report back.

atav757

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2024, 05:28:04 am »

Just did a completely uninstall / reinstall of GSX L2. Same issue; I go to a default airport and there are jetways, but I can't edit them at all. I can click where it says "parking has jetway" and change it to no jetway, but the jetway won't disappear. Also still no jetway edit tab.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2024, 05:50:10 am »
I just want to double check something, since you only mentioned GSX Level 2. Did you also uninstall GSX 1 or not, because they're two separate things.
Captain Kevin

atav757

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2024, 06:00:21 am »
 I only see one program in my programs folder called GSX 2.9.8 (or whatever the latest was) uninstalled again so don't remember. I only see a "full GSX installer" on the site which includes the level  2 expansion. Aren't they bundled now?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 06:15:27 am by atav757 »

atav757

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2024, 06:36:36 am »
I just want to double check something, since you only mentioned GSX Level 2. Did you also uninstall GSX 1 or not, because they're two separate things.

Deleted the entire addon manager folder after uninstalling GSX. Reinstalled and STILL same issue. I'm very confused now.

atav757

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2024, 06:45:25 am »

Found the problem.. Somehow my GSX Pro and GSX were 'activated'. L2 was not. But it did not tell me that, it looked completely normal. So I reactivated it and it's all good now.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2024, 03:20:33 pm »
Good to see you got it working. I was not aware that the jetways tab wasn't available without GSX Level 2. That said, the reason it wouldn't tell you that is GSX can still function properly without Level 2, you just won't have the functions that come with Level 2.
Captain Kevin

atav757

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2024, 04:34:02 pm »
Good to see you got it working. I was not aware that the jetways tab wasn't available without GSX Level 2. That said, the reason it wouldn't tell you that is GSX can still function properly without Level 2, you just won't have the functions that come with Level 2.

Thanks for your back and forth with me!  :)