Author Topic: Number of wagons in baggage train  (Read 373 times)

ACSoft

Number of wagons in baggage train
« on: March 27, 2024, 10:40:31 am »
Just a very small detail:

Now that the number of wagons depend on the cargo/baggage load, on my Fenix A320, with around 150-160 PAX, I always have 3 wagons during boarding loading, but only 2 on deboarding ?!?

I was looking inside my Couatl.err file for something else and found this:

For departure:
Set Wagons according to Simbrief Pax number of 160/180
Set 3/3 wagons, according to loading ratio of 88.89%
Payload:2930/69002 lbs.
Payload:2930/69002 lbs.

And for arrival:
Set Wagons according to Payload
Set 2/3 wagons, according to loading ratio of 52.82%
marshaller.simObjectCreated()
Payload:36661/69408 lbs.
Payload:36661/69408 lbs.

Strange to have the loading ratio changing from 88.89% to 52.82% ? Could it be possible the quantity of fuel is counted in the ratio calculation, witch would be obviously wrong, to determine the number of wagons needed !

Again, just a very minor detail !

Nevertheless, hope this feedback may help.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Number of wagons in baggage train
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 01:07:22 pm »
The bigger concern is the fact that somehow the maximum has changed from 69,002 pounds to 69,408 pounds.
Captain Kevin

RogePete

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2024, 10:05:01 pm »
It doesn't get the simbrief flightplan at destination. GSX may think the destination is the departure and so the flightplan doesn't match (or the flightplan is expired when arriving at destination).

Without a flightplan, GSX doesn't have a max passenger number. Hence it can't calculate the ratio. Hence it uses the other method, hence wrong numbers, hence fewer baggage carts.

Wonder why they don't test these things.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 10:14:19 pm by RogePete »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 01:55:51 am »

We obviously test these things but, since the OP posted only partial log, I can't possibly say what really happened there, which would eventually lead to an eventual fix, once we assessed GSX made "wrong" calculation.

Because, it might have happened something completely different, like the program restarting in flight due to the auto-restarter, so on arrival there wasn't any data about Simbrief, because the Simbrief data is kept in memory for the whole flight until you refresh it with a new one, but it's not saved so, if GSX restarts in flight, it doesn't know anything about the original flight plan.

I could have verified if this was the case, by looking at the complete log, that's why I always ask to post the COMPLETE LOG, ZIPPED, as an Attachment.

RogePete

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 09:37:10 am »
It would be better to (also) have a max passenger number in the aircraft gsx.cfg (if no simbrief is available > use gsx.cfg) and to only use your unreliable payload calculations as the last fallback (if simbrief and gsx.cfg isn't there).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:31:07 pm by virtuali »

ACSoft

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 10:54:32 am »

We obviously test these things but, since the OP posted only partial log, I can't possibly say what really happened there, which would eventually lead to an eventual fix, once we assessed GSX made "wrong" calculation.

Because, it might have happened something completely different, like the program restarting in flight due to the auto-restarter, so on arrival there wasn't any data about Simbrief, because the Simbrief data is kept in memory for the whole flight until you refresh it with a new one, but it's not saved so, if GSX restarts in flight, it doesn't know anything about the original flight plan.

I could have verified if this was the case, by looking at the complete log, that's why I always ask to post the COMPLETE LOG, ZIPPED, as an Attachment.
Umberto, you have already the log where I read this here:
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31392.0.html
EDIT:
Hoops, it was another one, because in this one, no arrival log lines
I will try to "produce" a new one for you.

Note that this curious behavior happen systematically, on every flights, with the last Fenix A320 version (I only fly this aircraft actually) and even with a variable number of passengers and systematically using Simbrief flightplans. So, no doubt you can reproduce this easily !
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:00:14 am by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 01:31:16 pm »
It would be better to (also) have a max passenger number in the aircraft gsx.cfg (if no simbrief is available > use gsx.cfg) and to only use your unreliable payload calculations as the last fallback (if simbrief and gsx.cfg isn't there).

And again, it would be best to get all the facts first, before saying the payload calculations are unreliable. The manual clearly explains how they are done, and a COMPLETE log would clarify if there's a problem with those or not.

ACSoft

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 03:16:11 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Just done my today flight LFKJ>LEPA and here included, you have all files.

Hope it will help you.