Author Topic: GSX SLEW MODE AIRPLANE SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL  (Read 188 times)

supercoup93

GSX SLEW MODE AIRPLANE SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL
« on: March 26, 2024, 12:28:10 am »
Hi:
I hope this helps someone. It had me baffled for months now. GSX and GSX2, great programs, I just couldn't use them. Every time I tried to build an airport, I would enter slew mode, the airplane would spin out of control, changing location, even put me hundreds of miles away. I have read all the threads, sent a message to Virtualli and he did answer me letting me know the i must have a piece of equiptment that contains a slew mode, and he's probably right, after all its his program but I'd be damned if I could find it. I had tried everything, everything. NO GOOD. I disconnected, one at a time, my quadrants, yoke, headphones, autopilot, bip panel, you name it. I went into every keypress in every piece, readjusted all sensitivities and nulls. Nothing. Finally, I got it and he was right. I think some other simmers might be having the same problem I had. I'm using all Saitek equipment. Rudder pedals, yoke, quadrants, autopilot, com radio. I went through all keypresses and settings and pushbuttons to no avail. Here was my mistake. When I went into the setting for my Saitek pro flight yoke, it was clear, no slew commands anywhere, so I thought nothing of it. To those of you who own a Saitek pro flight yoke, remember it came with a throttle quadrant that connected to the back of the yoke next to the USB hub with a ps2 connector. I disconnected everything BUT that quadrant from the yoke . I thought of it as one piece, one unit. It is not. Last night I disconnected that quadrant from the ps2 port in the back of the yoke and low and behold, I CAN NOW USE GSX WITHOUT A PROBLEM. Whoda Thunk. So the fix, I run 3 Saitek quadrants. 2 of them are USB, no problem. The third is the PS 2 that goes to the yoke, thats the problem. To fix it, replace that quadrant. Buy a USB quadrant. Done. I found one last night online at www.mypilotstore.com The cheapest around. Like $5o bucks with shipping. Its easy to think that the quadrant that came with the yoke is part of the yoke. It is, but not as controlable as the yoke. You cant eliminate the slew modes from it without eliminating them from the yoke. So if you've got a SAITEK yoke, I'm sure you got the quadrant with it and have not disconnected it due to not realizing, go do it and enjoy GSX. I hope this helps someone, it drove me nuts.  Virtuali, if you read this, pass it on. Im sure a lot of people having problems who use the Saitek Pro flight yoke, don't realize that the last bit of slew that they are looking for is in that ps2 Saitek quadrant. Like me, i just went to the back of the computer and started one by one puling usb plugs. When I pulled the yoke, GSX worked. When I checked the setting in FSX for the yoke, there were no slew's present. Its HIDDEN in the quadrant. I think the Slew is part of the yoke. When I narrowed it down the yoke, It was either a defective yoke or quadrant. Disconnecting the quadrant, made my day, actually my early morning. LOL  Good Luck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX SLEW MODE AIRPLANE SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 11:44:32 am »
There's no need to disconnect anything.

The best solution is what I always suggested in all posts related to this issue and is REMOVING all events tied to the joystick Axes in Slew mode from the sim Controls settings page. This will fix the problem and will allow you to keep everything connected.