Author Topic: Automatic deboarding possible?  (Read 317 times)

lancealotg

Automatic deboarding possible?
« on: March 25, 2024, 05:04:33 pm »
When completing a flight, is it possible to have GSX automatically start the deboarding process when the cabin door is opened instead of having to select deboarding via the menu?
If not, is there a command to do this so I could trigger it without having to use the GSX drop down menu?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Automatic deboarding possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 07:45:07 pm »
The problem with that is GSX has no way of knowing what you plan on doing once you open the door since it isn't a mind reader. For all it knows, you might have flown an empty airplane in, so once you get to the gate, you might want to start boarding right away.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 11:23:21 am »
GSX can be remote controlled by external apps, and the latest update made it more seamless, so it's up to airplane developers or other apps to automate GSX according to their own simulation, like what Fenix did with the A320, or the Fenix2GSX app.

lancealotg

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 04:17:13 pm »
This automation from Fenix of GSX is exactly what I am looking for.
I use Axis and Ohs (along with VoiceAttack) and would love to control various aspects of GSX like the Fenix does with commands that I can trigger either by voice (with Voice Attack) or conditional events (with AAO ) without using the menus.

Could you provide commands that I could use so I don't have to click on the immersion breaking toolbar and drop down menu?
Is this function only reserved for airplane developers?

Since I simulate airline operations with passengers, I would love to pull up to the gate, shut down my engines, open my doors and have GSX automatically start the de-boarding process while I complete the shutdown flows without using the drop down menus.

Great job on GSX Umberto, I use it on every flight and cant fly without it.  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 04:26:21 pm by lancealotg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 04:31:40 pm »
Well, Fenix was able to do everything on their own, using the existing developer's documentation in GSX, they have done a very good job without asking for any help on our side.

In the latest update, we made just very minor changes, to enable a "proper" remote control mode, that really doesn't change anything to the way GSX works, it's just the ability for an external application to PLACE GSX under remote control, which simply means operating with the menu always closed, something GSX was always capable to do, and some 3rd party apps like Fenix2GSX already used it, the one and only difference is that:

- Before this update, if you wanted to place Fenix2GSX in fully automated mode so it would work with the menu always closed, you had to do it yourself (close the menu from the Toolbar), and you had to remember to keep it closed.

- After this update, any external application can enable it programmatically by setting an LVar and as long that variable is set, if you accidentally open the GSX Toolbar menu, you'll be reminded you are under remote control, so the menu won't do anything, and will close (really close) automatically after 5 seconds, so the application that wanted to operate "menu off", won't be disrupted by you opening the menu when you shouldn't have, perhaps interfering with its process.

That's the only difference the remote-control mode makes in this update.

However, operating completely under remote control means your application must take responsibility to deal with all GSX events: if GSX wanted to pop-up a menu (which now won't display anymore), it's now your job to decide what to do with it. In some cases, like when there's a question about which operator to choose, you can decide to ignore the menu, so it will automatically timeout with a default choice, but in other cases were you really need the user input, for example when GSX wants to know the Pushback direction, either you replicate the menu in your application OR disable the Remote Control, for example a good strategy is disable it when calling Departure.

THIS part of the bidirectional interaction is not documented yet (although if you are a bit familiar with Javascript, it can be easily understood by looking at the menu .JS source code, which we have purposely NOT obfuscated like other developers do, precisely to facilitate 3rd party integrations), but I agree it would be nice if we could provide a formal documentation, it's surely something we are planning, as soon we find some spare time from doing new features.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 04:33:11 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 08:55:15 pm »
In the latest update, we made just very minor changes, to enable a "proper" remote control mode, that really doesn't change anything to the way GSX works, it's just the ability for an external application to PLACE GSX under remote control, which simply means operating with the menu always closed, something GSX was always capable to do, and some 3rd party apps like Fenix2GSX already used it
Just to clarify, is it then possible to call for deboarding, catering, refueling, boarding, and pushback without having to open the menu.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 09:34:57 pm »
Just to clarify, is it then possible to call for deboarding, catering, refueling, boarding, and pushback without having to open the menu.

In the MSFS version, it has always been possible, since it ever came out, otherwise apps like Fenix2Gsx couldn't possibly worked "menu off", as they do.

In the FSX/P3D version, it's not possible and we are not planning on adding this feature.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 04:37:19 am »
In the MSFS version, it has always been possible, since it ever came out, otherwise apps like Fenix2Gsx couldn't possibly worked "menu off", as they do.

In the FSX/P3D version, it's not possible and we are not planning on adding this feature.
Copy. I'm running P3D, so I was hoping to use my Stream Deck to do this via SPAD.neXt, which appears not to be an option.
Captain Kevin

lancealotg

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 02:05:43 am »

THIS part of the bidirectional interaction is not documented yet (although if you are a bit familiar with Javascript, it can be easily understood by looking at the menu .JS source code, which we have purposely NOT obfuscated like other developers do, precisely to facilitate 3rd party integrations), but I agree it would be nice if we could provide a formal documentation, it's surely something we are planning, as soon we find some spare time from doing new features.

Thanks for the explanation, I will look thru the .JS source code and see if I can figure it out.
I am not a programmer so I might have to wait for the formal documentation.  ;)

Thanks for your time. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 02:08:02 am »
. I am not a programmer so I might have to wait for the formal documentation.

It will help to understand the concept, but don't expect something very easy: the sample will be in C++.