Author Topic: FSDT Installer not Recgonizing MSFS Install Path  (Read 282 times)

qw9ery

FSDT Installer not Recgonizing MSFS Install Path
« on: February 06, 2024, 07:35:36 am »
Good evening,

I recently put a new SSD into my computer to temporarily solve the low storage issues I've been dealing with. The goal was too move MSFS and all of its addons to this new F drive (which was mostly successful).

I have removed FSDT from it's original drive, and am attempting to reinstall FSDT and GSX clean onto my new F drive. The Universal Installer is not able to locate my MSFS directory however. Is there any way for me to make the installer recognize the new MSFS path? MSFS is still installed under the traditional SteamLibrary folder, just a different drive.

Regards,
Nick
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:50:24 am by qw9ery »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installer not Recgonizing MSFS Install Path
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 12:55:04 am »
It really depends how you moved MSFS. The only method that is safe and proper, which GSX supports, is the official one, that is moving the whole Content folder and changing the UserCFG.opt file. What matters is the Content (the big Official and Community folders), not the MSFS installation folder itself, which is small, and doesn't matter for GSX.

Assuming you want to move the MSFS Content

for example D:\MSFS (assuming the new drive is called D:), so you'll end up with this:

D:\MSFS\Community
D:\MSFS\Official

Once you done that, you must edit this file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft FlightSimulator\UserCfg.OPT

Go to the LAST line, and change it as such:

InstalledPackagesPath "D:\MSFS"

This again assumes you placed your Community and official folders there, as in the previous example. This is the only correct method to move the MSFS Content without reinstalling the whole sim from scratch, any other method, like moving just the Community and make links, is wrong, and won't work

qw9ery

Re: FSDT Installer not Recgonizing MSFS Install Path
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 02:30:55 am »
Perfect thank you! I moved MSFS the way you described previously, but was unaware that the config file must be changed as well. It recognizes the path I have it installed into now.

Thanks