Author Topic: AIG Traffic not aligned properly in KJFK  (Read 1961 times)

krake802

AIG Traffic not aligned properly in KJFK
« on: August 30, 2023, 11:56:08 pm »
I've recently reinstalled P3D V5 so I can fly supersonic with the new FSL Concorde. However, flying into KJFK (New York) the traffic is an issue. It seems like they don't know where the taxiways are, neither the gates. (Reminds me a bit of covid days, sad times).

I've been told by the guys at AIG Group to head over here for assistance as it's not an issue their end and seems it's an AFCAD issue for KJFK. - Maybe there's something I need to turn off if I installed the scenery?

I am running the latest update of both AIG Manager & Traffic, as well as P3D V5.4, and I am using FSDT's KJFK for scenery.

Please see images below for reference, and if any assistance I'd highly appreciate it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AIG Traffic not aligned properly in KJFK
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 05:47:08 pm »
The first test to do would be: are AI planes correctly positioned when using default AI, with no AI injection of any kind ? If yes, the problem might be related to AIG controller.

If, instead, even with completely default AI, the airplanes are still misplaced, you might have a conflicting scenery.

krake802

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 06:21:30 pm »
Hello,
Thanks for your reply.

I have tested with no traffic injection and still the same issue.
I also have no other scenery installed for KJFK. Evening is from a fresh install, also to mention that I've never owned P3D V5 before this installation. (So first time I've used V5 and installed this scenery for V5). - Also to mention my previous sim on the drive; V4.5HF3, the drive was formatted after I uninstalled all scenery for it and removed the reg files.

Sadly still experiencing the issue no matter what I do. - I have also looked to see if it's an ORBX issue but no avail.

Seems a mess up with an AFCAD file potentially?
I also noticed that when I spawn into KJFK and the aircraft starts to upload; in the text box at the top it states; "KJFK is in trial mode". However, in the addon manager in the sim; KJFK is activated. (It was installed with the installer too), and I've run the "check" updater button.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 05:25:20 pm »
 That is a conflicting JFK ADE from somewhere. AIG TC only injects traffic to parking spots or along taxi links per the active airport file from your sim.

krake802

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 01:19:34 pm »
Interesting, the ADE is probably what I meant regarding AFCAD.

Do you know if P3D v5 creates it own JFK somewhere? As I mentioned before, this is a brand new install for the sim and the only install for the scenery so there's no other scenery conflicting this.
I do however, have ORBX openLC North America, but I checked the files and nothing states KJFK, nor has anyone mentioned it in their forums.

I'm really at a loss here and not sure what to do. - Would supplying a screenshot of my KJFK scenery file assist?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 04:03:45 pm »
Gents, I have exactly the same problem. It only occurs at KJFK. According to Aivlasoft EFB the AFCADs used to generate the airport layout are appr_KJFK.BGL and KJFK_FSDT.BGL.

However using ADE the former BGL has no parking positions. The latter has 215 and all appear in their correct positions. The majority of my AIG aircraft are from BGLs - the rest from AIG AIGFP files controlled by AI Traffic Controller. That is a separate executable I have terminated but the Ai problem remains.

The Ai are being positioned at phantom parking positions. I'm reasonably experienced in AFCADs and there's something very wrong at KJFK. Screenshot of 31L attached.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 08:37:26 pm »
I've identified the problem and resolved it. The file appr_kjfk.bgl needs disabling. It contains no parking positions but has priority over the AFCAD file and is causing the problems.

It was probably okay with FSX but definitely incompatible with AIG Ai aircraft.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 11:00:13 am »
I've identified the problem and resolved it. The file appr_kjfk.bgl needs disabling. It contains no parking positions but has priority over the AFCAD file and is causing the problems. It was probably okay with FSX but definitely incompatible with AIG Ai aircraft.

The appr_kjfk.bgl should not be disabled, because it contains the approaches only. This to allow to switch between the different approaches for 13L. Having a separate .BGL for approaches is absolutely correct and allowed in the sim.

The problem might be the AIG controller software is reading that file, instead of the main one.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 11:06:45 am »
Thanks for your input Umberto. This probably needs discussing between you and AIG people.

When Aivlasoft reads the BGLs to create its database that BGL has priority over the main one. I have an option to tell Aivlasoft to ignore that BGL but that won't affect the placement of AIG Ai.
Cheers,
Ray.