Author Topic: Uncontrollable rudder problem (RESOLVED)  (Read 8159 times)

burner12

Uncontrollable rudder problem (RESOLVED)
« on: June 03, 2011, 07:25:01 pm »
I have the VRS SuperBug, and love it, but recently I have started to have this problem on all aircraft. And that is if I move the throttle all the way to 100% then the aircraft, if a plane, starts to veer left while on the runway, or if a chopper, goes into an uncontrollable spin.

Any answers. This gets annoying I can't even make a basic level flight. ::)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:57:19 pm by burner12 »

theshack440

Re: Uncontrollable rudder problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:14:26 pm »
This reminds me of a problem that I have with my default hornet. Whenever the nose gear touches down and I apply full brakes, the plane spins violently left until its nose is in the air and then, after doing a 720, it slams down, usually causing a crash. I guess it could be my joystick but I have always had this problem. Sorry I didn't answer your question but I had to vent  :-X
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 09:31:31 pm »
Why do U think it's called SUPERBUG  :D
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:08:55 am »
I have the VRS SuperBug, and love it, but recently I have started to have this problem on all aircraft. And that is if I move the throttle all the way to 100% then the aircraft, if a plane, starts to veer left while on the runway, or if a chopper, goes into an uncontrollable spin.

Sounds like a problem I had with my Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals. For some reason FS will assign the rudder axis to the throttle when rudder pedals are present. Go to joystick axis in the assignments menu select your throttle in the dropdown controller selection menu. If your throttle is physically attached to the joystick then just select your joystick and scroll down see if the rudder axis box is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Then select your rudder pedals and check the same box for the rudder axis.

When you give power, does the aircraft veer to the left then when you pull pack the aircraft veers to the right??
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:11:56 am by newmanix »

burner12

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 01:23:23 pm »

Sounds like a problem I had with my Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals. For some reason FS will assign the rudder axis to the throttle when rudder pedals are present. Go to joystick axis in the assignments menu select your throttle in the dropdown controller selection menu. If your throttle is physically attached to the joystick then just select your joystick and scroll down see if the rudder axis box is checked. If it is, uncheck it. Then select your rudder pedals and check the same box for the rudder axis.

When you give power, does the aircraft veer to the left then when you pull pack the aircraft veers to the right??

Just 1 problem manix, I don't have any rudder pedals. I'm flying with a Thrustmaster HOTAS X.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 02:14:02 pm »
You only fly stick, or do you have a yoke?  If you have both, you need to disable the other controller.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

burner12

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:55:39 pm »
You only fly stick, or do you have a yoke?  If you have both, you need to disable the other controller.
I have a twist stick and throttle control separate from the stick.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 02:45:43 am »
I have a twist stick and throttle control separate from the stick.

OK it still seems FS allocated the rudder axis to the throttle so check it anyway.

burner12

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 09:56:59 pm »
well after changing the controls a bit i was able to get so now its controllable. :D