Author Topic: FSDT Universal Installer giving error "SODE missing  (Read 1193 times)

manfredc3

FSDT Universal Installer giving error "SODE missing
« on: June 08, 2023, 07:00:52 am »
Hello,
I am trying to install KIAH for FS2020, but the FSDT Universal installer is throwing an error "SODE missing".

No idea what SODE is.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Universal Installer giving error "SODE missing
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 09:29:07 pm »
You still have P3D or FSX installed  ?

manfredc3

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2023, 07:50:44 am »
Yes, I still have P3D installed.

I just manage to fix the issue by installing in a new folder instead of the existing FSDT Installer folder. Now I just have 2 different installments of the FSDT Installer, one for P3D, and one for X-Plane 12.

But too bad we can't just have 1 installment for all platforms

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 01:32:22 am »
You should not install into two different places, it will never work. In fact, is exactly the opposite as you say: you are *required* to install into the same folder, now your P3D installation is surely not functional.

And, I'm not sure why you said you have an FSDT Installer in X-Plane 12 too, considering we never did anything for X-Plane, and surely our installer won't install there.

The message about SODE missing should be ignored and shouldn't prevent to continue the installation, what seems to be in your case, that you might have tried to install into an old installation that had some problems, like a very old SODE or an error in it, something unexpected and messed up in the exiting P3D install.

SODE was automatically installed with GSX for P3D, so it's strange you are missing it, if you already had FSDT installed in P3D, which means something must have gone wrong with it. To fix it, download it and install it in P3D:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-v1-7-1

Now, to undo the separate FSDT install, AFTER you install SODE, proceed as follows:

- Uninstall everything from the FSDT Installer, like KIAH or GSX Pro and anything else you have there for MSFS

- Uninstall the "Fsdreamteam Universal Installer" from the Windows Control Panel. This will allow to choose a new destination folder for it on the next reinstall.

-  Reinstall the "Fsdreamteam Universal Installer". Now that SODE has been installed, you should be able to select a new destination, which will be common for all simulator, and that's the way it's supposed to be.