Author Topic: KLGA - Issues with jetways  (Read 678 times)

saveriomangione

KLGA - Issues with jetways
« on: June 07, 2023, 04:21:39 pm »
Hi,
I am unable to fix my scenery issue with jetways. Despite I have disabled them from GSX the scenery keeps on loading up as per my screenshots below. I uninstalled and installed the scenry many times but unsuccessfully. This issue persists. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.
Best
Saverio
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 04:24:23 pm by saveriomangione »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLGA - Issues with jetways
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2023, 04:31:11 pm »
You posted a cut screenshot of the Disabled list, when the most important thing to check was if the airport was still in the Enabled list instead, which is usually easier to check by typing its ICAO, so the Enabled list fill filter out names that don't match, so you won't have to scroll the whole list to check if it's there.

If the scenery is not in the Enabled list, but you still see the jetways, the only possible reason is you have two copies of GSX packages installed, one in the Addon Manager, and another one in the Community folder that is not a Symbolic link, but a real folder that can be there only because you manually copied it there, so the Installer and the updater is working on the Addon Manager copy, but the simulator will see the "real" copy in the Community folder.

Be sure the two GSX Packages in the Community folder are links, not real folders, which is the normal situation. If they are links, they have a small arrow in the folder icon, which is ok. If there's no arrow, so it's a real folder, REMOVE IT, restart the Installer and press RELINK, which will create the link from the Addon Manager to the Community folder.

saveriomangione

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 04:56:12 pm »
You posted a cut screenshot of the Disabled list, when the most important thing to check was if the airport was still in the Enabled list instead, which is usually easier to check by typing its ICAO, so the Enabled list fill filter out names that don't match, so you won't have to scroll the whole list to check if it's there.

If the scenery is not in the Enabled list, but you still see the jetways, the only possible reason is you have two copies of GSX packages installed, one in the Addon Manager, and another one in the Community folder that is not a Symbolic link, but a real folder that can be there only because you manually copied it there, so the Installer and the updater is working on the Addon Manager copy, but the simulator will see the "real" copy in the Community folder.

Be sure the two GSX Packages in the Community folder are links, not real folders, which is the normal situation. If they are links, they have a small arrow in the folder icon, which is ok. If there's no arrow, so it's a real folder, REMOVE IT, restart the Installer and press RELINK, which will create the link from the Addon Manager to the Community folder.

Hi and thanks for getting back. The scenery is is not present in the enabled list but only in the disabled one. My Community folder seems to be fine. The only two products I have installed are in there. Maybe am I missing still something?
Best
Saverio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 09:46:14 pm »
Hi and thanks for getting back. The scenery is is not present in the enabled list but only in the disabled one. My Community folder seems to be fine. The only two products I have installed are in there. Maybe am I missing still something?

Everything seems to be ok. Can you double check if the file named KLGA_jetways.bgl is really not present here ?

Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\KLGA_jetways.bgl

That's the only place our jetways can come from, for that airport.

saveriomangione

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 10:57:18 pm »

Everything seems to be ok. Can you double check if the file named KLGA_jetways.bgl is really not present here ?

Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways\KLGA_jetways.bgl

Ok! I’ll do this tomorrow evening and let you know.
Best
Saverio

saveriomangione

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 06:39:53 am »

Hi, I checked the following path (I hope it's the right one) and the file you're refering to is missing:

H:\MSFS2020\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

Let me know how to proceed.
Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 06:11:07 pm »
Hi, I checked the following path (I hope it's the right one) and the file you're refering to is missing:

H:\MSFS2020\Community\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

Let me know how to proceed.

Then, those jetways are not coming from GSX. Yes, they are GSX jetways, but are not coming from GSX Jetway replacement files, maybe you have some scenery installed which used them.