Author Topic: Duplicated windsock  (Read 2999 times)

Bzhsimmer

Duplicated windsock
« on: June 04, 2023, 05:13:47 pm »
Hi, a year ago I bought your LFEQ scenery on MSFS marketplace for Xbox.

I'm very pleased with your product, however they are two windsocks located almost exactly at the same place resulting in a weird amalgam of the the two (see picture).
Maybe the default windsock has not been removed properly?
At first I did not pay much attention to it, believing that an update would be released but that is still not the case.
It is such a shame that a beautiful scenery like this one is being deteriorated by a problem like this.
Would it be possible that you fix this problem ?

Sincerely

Bzhsimmer

Re: Duplicated windsock
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 06:43:08 pm »
Ok maybe this will work, I uploaded the picture on discord and copied the link

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/811146220394643490/1114957083922677820/IMG_20230604_171606.jpg

Bzhsimmer

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2023, 12:56:49 pm »
Well still no acknowledgment of the problem.
After some research on youtube I found a video from 9 months ago showing the same issue.
When pausing the video at 4min 54 we can clearly see the superimposed masts of the two windsocks.
I already knew the problem was not on my side and here is a proof.

https://youtu.be/QxBVfSVQ0cY
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 07:04:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2023, 07:05:46 pm »
We'll obviously check this but, at this time, there's a problem with the MS Marketplace, which is not accepting our updates, we obviously informed Microsoft and are waiting for their reply to know when updates can be sent again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 09:39:20 pm by virtuali »

Bzhsimmer

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2023, 08:52:11 pm »
It's funny because I just asked to some people I know who develop sceneries too and they confirmed me that as of the 1st of June they had no problem sending an update for a previous product.
I saw an other topic here about the windsock where you refused to fix it, what is wrong with it to the point you refuse to fix a product people paid you a fair amount of money for ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2023, 09:38:47 pm »
It's funny because I just asked to some people I know who develop sceneries too and they confirmed me that as of the 1st of June they had no problem sending an update for a previous product.

I don't know what you are trying to say or imply here. I haven't said *everybody* has a problem with uploading, nor I cannot possibly KNOW about that. I'm saying WE have a problem posting updates, and I said we asked clarification with Microsoft, because we had no problems posting the new KIAH, but their portal refused to accept an update for KCLT we posted a long time ago.

And, you might believe it or not, they HAVE replied just now, and it seems the problem is, even if we there aren't any changes that would require the newer SDK, their submission portal doesn't accept updates if they are not recompiled with the latest version of the SDK.

So, now we know why we couldn't post updates, we can obviously send the fixed version we made a long time ago to the Marketplace.

I saw an other topic here about the windsock where you refused to fix it

Doesn't seem you understand what that topic says. Nobody "refused" anything. The version we sell here has already fixed the problem so, clearly, we haven't "refused" anything, we only had to submit it again to the Marketplace.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2023, 10:39:00 pm »
FYI, the fixed version has been sent to Microsoft now.

Bzhsimmer

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2023, 12:27:54 am »
Well thanks then and sorry, I am a bit distrustful sometimes as some other teams have proven that you can do a complete scam on the marketplace and still go with it.
Again I want to tell you that even with problems like the duplicated windsock, your scenery is still very good.
Sorry again and thanks for your answer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2023, 12:50:24 am »
Well thanks then and sorry, I am a bit distrustful sometimes as some other teams have proven that you can do a complete scam on the marketplace and still go with it.

I was quite sure your comments were based on the assumption we are like the "other teams", instead of one the oldest developer around, celebrating 30 years of professional flight simulation development this year.

As you can see, no small problem is left unsolved here, it's just that with so many things to do, the smaller sceneries are sometimes forgotten, because there are way less users.