Author Topic: KIAH Looks like FSX **IT DOES  (Read 6790 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH Looks like FSX
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2023, 02:33:51 pm »
Not with KIAH you are not better than any other big airport

Yes we are, if you test it correctly, that is without fps locked and with same AI settings.

Proper airline codes and parking....Really? Is that why I have Air France, Turkish Airlines, Lion and AeroMexico parking at Terminal A. Then I get Southwest and American at Terminal D.

You seems to confuse here if the scenery has correct parking codes ( it surely has them ), with how the AI will make use of that information. We haven't obviously set those airlines that are not supposed to be there.

Here's the parking codes we set for all Gates at Terminal A:

FFT,SWA,NKS,ACA,DAL,ASA,WJA,AAL,JBU

And here's the ones for the Gates at Terminal D:

AMX,BAW,KLM,AFR,THY,VIV,ANA,VOI,AVA,SIA,SCX,QTR,DLH,UAE,EVA,ETH,UAL

You can see the parking codes in the scenery ARE correct, but they are only an hint to the AI parking system, which will use other criteria as well, like parking usage, availability of parking of the same size/type, distance from the active runway, etc. We can only do our part correctly, but saying the scenery doesn't have correct parking codes just because you saw Air France and Turkish on A or SWA at D, means not taking into account the issues with the AI system, which are in fact very well known.

You are right, I can not argue about the price. I just wish you would have told us that we were going to pay less and get less with KIAH ahead of time. This way we would not have our normal expectation of an FSDT airport.

You are not getting "less", you are getting "more", but the work has been focused on things more important that blind useless "detail" made only for showing off.

But that's not the point. This strategy proved to work multiple times, since our Zurich scenery is the absolute N.1 in sales, and it also an FSX conversion, from even an OLDER product than KIAH ( Zurich for FSX came in 2007, and we never updated ever since, KIAH is from 2014 ), it doesn't even have a completely NEW Terminal made from scratch, and Zurich even needs to face completion from a very good free alternative in the sim.

Yet user appreciated the good performance and the price so we just saw sales, and acted accordingly. Sure KORD is better looking than Zurich, but it's higher price makes it an harder sell so, the choice what to do was clear.

As for the "Hidden Tax", I have never had that issue. I am still running a GTX270 Super and have no issues with FPS or the texture quality... and that is with most features maxed out.

Then you must know something I don't, because my 3090 and my 4090 are struggling to keep fps I consider acceptable on any of the big airport released recently, if used with a complex airplane like the Fenix A320, with lots of AI traffic. KIAH is visibly faster, both from the fps counter but, most importantly, from the feel of way better smoothness.

I understand what you are trying to do with the hotel and terminals, but it (in my opinion) didnt work. Is there a way to dim the brightness of the hotel rooms at night? and the inside of Terminal E look like they are from another airport, not Houston. Here are a few screenshots of what I am talking about....

Please edit your ULRs to be clickable, by using the URL tab, I find it difficult to open them.

I understand that creating a scenery and making everyone happy impossible. I guess I just had higher expectations since it was FSDT that was making KIAH and not some newby that doesnt know what they are doing. I guess I have learned my lesson to not expect consistent high-quality products from FSDT. I would have preferred a better-quality airport at a higher price. I think everyone would have.

Again, you are lacking something we have, and you don't. Actual sales. If what you were saying were true or, at least, shared by the majority of users, we should have sold more KORD than LSZH, which is not the case.

Price matters way more than you think. For airports, most of the sales come from the Marketplace. Marketplace users are VERY different than hard-core users that "wanted to pay more". When there's a sale on the Marketplace, our sales go up like 5x there. We never had that effect when we do a Sale on OUR site, sales increase a bit for a few days, then they go back to normal. The Marketplace is a completely different place, but there's is where most of sales are made, and that drives development choices.

A very optimized and lightweight scenery, considering its size, like KIAH, is also very good for Xbox users. My son it's an Xbox user, and he doesn't want to use MSFS on Xbox anymore, because he said he cannot complete a flight that last more than 2 hours without a CTD, so we need to take into account that.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 02:38:07 pm by virtuali »

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2023, 09:17:42 pm »
- Performance. We are better of ANY big airport here, and it's not the scenery is "sparse", it's just very well optimized so it's not just performance, it's the combination of performance/detail/airport size.

Not with KIAH you are not better than any other big airport. Flighbeams Denver is a far superior scenery compared to KIAH (If you want to compare big airports). Better texturing, detail, performance..... Same with Drzewiecki Designs Newark airport and I can name a few other large airports that are better.

Yep Flightbeam is a FAR SUPERIOR.  Maybe we need to advocate to them to make a version.  KDEN was ABSOLUTELY ON POINT!!!!  I mean to the T!  FSDT dropped the ball on this one.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2023, 10:15:24 pm »
Yep Flightbeam is a FAR SUPERIOR.  Maybe we need to advocate to them to make a version.  KDEN was ABSOLUTELY ON POINT!!!!  I mean to the T!  FSDT dropped the ball on this one.

I'm not sure if you just missed the quote, quoting somebody else, or these are your words.

Anyway, since we are at the quoting phase, let's quote some reviews from Simmarket:

https://secure.simmarket.com/fsdreamteam-kiah-houston-intercontinental-airport-msfs.phtml

No need to quote them there, they are for everybody to see and, funny thing is, the ONLY negative review there's, is from the ONLY user that is not a verified product owner.

Let's see something else, CptCanada, very popular YouTuber, this is the part where he gives his opinion about KIAH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jky71WVGPM&t=285s

No need to adds anything more, he clearly understood what was our design goal : the AIRPORT SIZE/PERFOMANCE/PRICE ratio. And yes, he got a free copy from us (like he does for many other sceneries he use), but are do you honestly believe a YouTuber with 70K+ subscribers would risk his reputation (which is everything), just to save 9.99$ ? Really ?

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2023, 05:08:42 pm »
You seems to have run short of arguments, so you reverted to using memes ?

The facts are all there for everybody to see. You are free to continue to maintain a wrong opinion, doesn't change the obvious actual qualities of KIAH and the obvious improvements it got in just a week, clearly proving how much and how fast we DO listen to suggestions and take criticism seriously, when it make sense.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 07:20:16 am »
You are the only one on here arguing.  You are attempting to defend the trash scenery you put out.  I believe it to be trash.....I am not the only one......I never said everyone.  If Flightbeam or some of the other heavy hitters put out their version of KIAH.  I would have never bought yours.  I am willing to bet many others would have also, and your sales would have reflected that.  If you don't believe me.....put up a poll and see what your results would be.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2023, 02:41:51 pm »
You are the only one on here arguing.

You are arguing as well. In fact, you are the one that started arguing. The difference I'm posting actual factual arguments, you reverted to memes so yes, in a way, you stopped arguing, because you ran out of arguments.

You are attempting to defend the trash scenery you put out.

You are attempting to attach a perfectly fine scenery that is appreciated by lots of users, and I provided some evidence for it. By keep using this ridiculous terms like "trash" for a product that is clearly perfectly fine and everybody can see it doesn't look like FSX, at all, you are only embarrassing yourself.

I believe it to be trash.....I am not the only one......I never said everyone.

People believe what they want, they can believe in a Flat Earth, Chemtrails, fake Apollo landings, anything. For whatever crazy theory, I'm sure you can "I'm not the only one" believing that. Of course, you must be prepared for you theories to be dismissed with actual facts and opposing views.

If Flightbeam or some of the other heavy hitters put out their version of KIAH.  I would have never bought yours.  I am willing to bet many others would have also, and your sales would have reflected that.  If you don't believe me.....put up a poll and see what your results would be.

It's always funny how some people think to know "everything", when they don't have data we obviously have that is...actual sales.

Any developer trying to do KIAH on a level of detail that would result immediately obvious it's "better", will have to put so much work (given how large KIAH is) modeling it first, and so much work optimizing if for performance, that he'll never recover the development cost, and he'll have to compete with an established version that works perfectly fine, is a very good performer, and it will cost half price.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 02:45:48 pm by virtuali »

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2023, 08:04:35 am »
The min someone comes out with a better version of the mess you put out.  I will be the 1st putting it on this forum.  That day will come.  Damn all the other BS you are trying to say. "This" scenery is PISS POOR.  Just this one.....I can care less what you think beyond that.....So we will move on to see what the next scenery looks like.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 06:27:29 pm by virtuali »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2023, 06:30:54 pm »
The min someone comes out with a better version of the mess you put out.  I will be the 1st putting it on this forum.  That day will come.  Damn all the other BS you are trying to say. "This" scenery is PISS POOR.  Just this one.....I can care less what you think beyond that.....So we will move on to see what the next scenery looks like.

The only "PISS POOR" thing here are you comments, which only demonstrated *again* how little you understood this product and its goal, which has been obviously full achieved. While it's surely possible that somebody else might do another version of KIAH, the problem is you are keep failing to understand what "better" really means, and that's the real issue.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2023, 06:30:31 am »

The only "PISS POOR" thing here are you comments, which only demonstrated *again* how little you understood this product and its goal, which has been obviously full achieved. While it's surely possible that somebody else might do another version of KIAH, the problem is you are keep failing to understand what "better" really means, and that's the real issue.

I could care less about your "goal" or any goal.....PISS POOR simple as that.  Stop trying to convince me otherwise.  KIAH is a shitty airport, in my opinion.  Expected much better than this.  So stop trying to waste your time telling me this and that.....sales and a bunch of other bullshit that means nothing to me.  I rather fly stock KIAH than this crap.  So just chalk it up to the fact that you can't please everyone.  Now I said what I said and it is what it is.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2023, 09:11:55 pm »
I could care less about your "goal" or any goal.....PISS POOR simple as that.  Stop trying to convince me otherwise.  KIAH is a shitty airport, in my opinion.  Expected much better than this.  So stop trying to waste your time telling me this and that.....sales and a bunch of other bullshit that means nothing to me.  I rather fly stock KIAH than this crap.  So just chalk it up to the fact that you can't please everyone.  Now I said what I said and it is what it is.

Your wrong comments only shows what can only be explained as:

- Your failure to understand the many ways a scenery quality should be judged

OR

- You are just trolling for the sake of it, because up to this point, you can't stand being proven wrong.

The scenery is not obviously "piss poor", and anybody can see that, and if you keep repeating it, you are only embarrassing more than you already have so, please, stop, for your own sake.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2023, 11:42:44 pm »
Oh we still talking about this?  Yeah...."PISS POOR"  hot piss at that!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 01:16:57 am by virtuali »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2023, 01:20:31 am »
Oh we still talking about this?  Yeah...."PISS POOR"  hot piss at that!

Why you express yourself like a 12-years old ? Maybe because you have been already proven wrong with actual facts ? Repeating something wrong many times, doesn't make it any more true: we already know your opinion but, if you keep pretending you have a right to vent it out, you must also be prepared to have it dismissed, over and over.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
Re: KIAH Looks like FSX **IT DOES
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2023, 05:06:14 pm »
PISS......POOR scenery and fix whatever Jetway issues being spoke about over in Mir's forum(Flightbeam).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:23:16 am by virtuali »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KIAH Looks like FSX **IT DOES
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2023, 10:23:28 am »
PISS......POOR scenery and fix

By continuing to repeat something that is obviously wrong (KIAH doesn't look AT ALL like FSX), and using such derogatory language, you automatically put yourself to be on the wrong side of the argument, because if you *think* your opinion has any merit, you should provide ACTUAL FACTS sustaining your thesis (and of course be prepared to have those questioned), which I have done, but you haven't. And you haven't done that, because you have no arguments to begin with.

whatever Jetway issues being spoke about over in Mir's forum(Flightbeam).

Since KIAH cannot obviously cause any "jetway issues" to other sceneries, I can only guess you must have switched now to some unwarranted GSX bashing, because you realized you didn't had any valid cases against KIAH, so you wanted to find a way to blame FSDT for anything, since there's just nothing you can factually say against KIAH.

So let's see if that is true or not, and let's start with the GSX Manual, Page 7:

IMPORTANT

The Configuration of 3rd Party Exclusion from Jetway replacement is done when doing any of the following:

• When you first Install or reinstall GSX

• When you perform a GSX Update

• If you Install/Reinstall/Unlink/Relink any FSDT airport

If you install a new 3rd party scenery, just installing it won’t result to automatically go here and reconfigure Jetway Exclusion, you should develop a habit to always check the GSX Config page after installing a new 3rd party scenery. Failing to do so, would result in Parking conflicts (visible as double Parking spots in the World Map), and Jetways malfunctions.

So no, GSX doesn't cause any "jetway issues" to any 3rd party scenery when it's installed, because those are automatically excluded during the GSX installation. Flightbeam sceneries do respect the standard package naming convention, so they ARE automatically excluded when installing GSX.

The only "issues" might happen when installing a 3rd party airport AFTER GSX. This is where having read the GSX Manual (which GSX users are supposed to do) would have helped, because it would have been obvious from the above explanation of the manual what GSX jetway replacement files are, and how the Config panel is supposed to be used.

And in a later update to the manual, we even added this suggestion, which will solve the problem completely without having any need to go back to the Config panel anymore:

If you never use default airports and you always have a 3rd party add-on for any airport you fly into, you might consider Disabling ALL GSX Jetway replacement files at once, by clicking the >>> button on the Enabled side, so they will all go on the Disabled side, and eventually Enable an airport, for that time you want to use the default scenery.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 10:30:29 am by virtuali »