Author Topic: Reinstall of Windows XP  (Read 5954 times)

johnhinson

Reinstall of Windows XP
« on: April 07, 2010, 06:42:39 pm »
Hello,

I have recently re-installed Windows XP and associated software on my computer.

Rather than a full install of all my add-ons I have used my existing FS9 files. All is working fine but I need to re-register my Cloud9 sceneries as they have reverted to trial mode.

However, when I go to Addon Manager > Cloud9 . Amsterdam (or whatever) I get the message "Reinstallation problem for Cloud 9 Amsterdam". Do I need to physically reinstall the sceneries to get them working?

Thanks in advance.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall of Windows XP
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »
Don't use an old Cloud9 installer, download the FSDT installer found here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Select "Register Serial" from the Addon Manager and insert you SERIAL NUMBER to activate the scenery.

Note that, as explained on that page, if you install a Cloud9 product that doesn't have an FSDT installer, you need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager after the scenery. Not the case for EHAM, which has an FSDT installer, but not all products have one.

johnhinson

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:01:15 am »
Thankyou for the reply.

Unfortunately, after installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager and registering some of my sceneries I ran into a problem and Flight Simulator will not start up at all. I am investigating this at the moment and will come back to you.

John

johnhinson

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:39 am »
OK, I am back as before now by restoring from backup. I am afraid this takes a little time as my FS setup is pretty large.

I think I went wrong through misunderstanding your reply. Should have asked further instead of jumping in!

Looking at the page you referred me to at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html I can see the Stand-Alone Installer but not the FSDT installer for download. I may be being dumb here, but are you saying that for each scenery that has an FSDT installer I need to re-download and re-install the entire scenery? I'm happy to do that, of course, if that is the way. Then, having done that, install the Stand-Alone and use that only for the sceneries that don't have the FSDT installer.

I do apologies, this probably seems perfectly straightforward to you but for somebody that only needs to do it once in a blue moon it is all a bit daunting.

Thanks in advance,

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 10:49:53 am »
I may be being dumb here, but are you saying that for each scenery that has an FSDT installer I need to re-download and re-install the entire scenery?

It depends how old your Cloud9 installer is. If you get a message like "you have an old version of xxxxx scenery" when starting FS9, you need to download the full scenery installer, otherwise it's ok to use the scenery as it is, and just update the Addon Manager.

But it both cases, whenever you install a Cloud9 scenery that doesn't have an FSDT installer, it's best if you install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager afterwards. There's no need to do it for every scenery, just install all your sceneries first, then the Addon Manager as the last step.

johnhinson

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 09:28:15 pm »
Thank you. All seems to now be working fine.

John