Author Topic: Kmem wiped every FSDT product I own!!!  (Read 1926 times)

dc10boy

Kmem wiped every FSDT product I own!!!
« on: April 01, 2023, 07:27:07 pm »
I screwed up! Against my better judgement I purchased KMEM because it was on sale. The installer made me install GSX lvl2. The installer then updated ALL my previously purchased sceneries against my wishes.
Now, all my FSDT sceneries are deactivated,worse yet, FSX crashes immediately to desktop upon loading. 1 hour ago I had a good fully functioning FSX installation. Now, due to the installation of one of your products, and the resulting COUATL garbage, the sim no longer functions. I've already tried the stand alone installer. Please advise.
Stan

dc10boy

Re: Kmem wiped every FSDT product I own!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 04:16:34 am »
OK, I can no longer activate any of my flightbeam sceneries because there is no longer a flightbeam option in the addon manager within FSX.
What did this installer do? I'm having issues with ALL of my installed FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries.
I truly wish i had never bought this! I just want to get back to where it was before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2023, 02:04:31 pm »
It would have been best if you haven't used such derogatory tone, posting factually wrong facts as well.

Flightbeam products haven't used FSDT activation in YEARS so, it's impossible an update to FSDT would "wiped out" Flightbeam, unless you never care to update any of those. Check Flightbeam support for instruction to update their products to a more recent version, one that doesn't depend from our software activation.

All our problems are not obviously caused by our software, but your antivirus that has most likely "wiped it out" ( that's the only thing that was really "wiped out" ).

Do you see the “Addon Manager” and the “GSX” menu under the “Addons” menu of the simulator ? If not, try this:

- Turn off the firewall

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Add-on Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list.

- Download and install the new FSDT Universal Installer:

https://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe

- Install it and use it to Update GSX and other FSDT products you might have.

If still doesn't work, try to RESTART Windows after installing the Universal Installer

dc10boy

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2023, 11:28:42 pm »
I apologize for the salty tone, however, this aggravation is quite understandable. As for the Flightbeam sceneries, yes they were older versions of PHX DEN and SFO. They worked great, I liked them as they were and I didn't want to lose them, nor did I expect to. Obviously I won't be able to get them to work again, so I'll have to buy new versions.
The FSDT sceneries ,HNL, OGG, KOA, ORD,DFW, LAX, IAH, JFK,FLL, AND LAS ALL WORKED FINE, and I was happy with them. When I installed MEM, none would display and FSX would immediately crash to desktop as soon as I went to one. As for the anti virus, FSX and the addon manager, both have excludes, and ALL installations were performed with the anti virus turned off. Anti virus  is NOT the issue. My only recourse was to remove everything and start over from scratch, installing and reactivating each one by one.
So far, I have gotten all to work, however MEM gives a starting trial period message on every load, even though the addon manager and the installer say it is installed and active. Now I'll begin to see which sceneries have been updated to the point where my old AFCADS no longer work, what has SODE jetbridges etc. I'm still salty about losing access to all the flightbeam sceneries that I bought and paid for.
Stan
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 11:34:10 pm by dc10boy »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 11:27:25 pm »
Obviously I won't be able to get them to work again, so I'll have to buy new versions.

Why would it be obvious? Simply get a newer installer from their store or where ever you purchased those products from, no need to repurchase.

dc10boy

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 07:08:55 am »
Been there , done that. Installation of the older flightbeam titles, even with the latest installers, renders the FSDT sceneries inoperative.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 09:39:12 pm »
Been there , done that. Installation of the older flightbeam titles, even with the latest installers, renders the FSDT sceneries inoperative.

The only possible explanation is you have NOT used the "latest installers", since I can only repeat and confirm, again, they are not coming with the FSDT Addon Manager anymore so, it's plainly impossible that installing Flightbeam with the current installer would affect FSDT.

Instead, if you install Flightbeam using an old installer, it's 100% sure it WILL affect FSDT, unless you reinstall our updates over it.