Author Topic: GSX AND GSX LEVEL 2  (Read 1375 times)

supercoup93

GSX AND GSX LEVEL 2
« on: January 28, 2023, 03:25:31 am »
Hi all:
Just wanna put out a reminder just in case your having problems with GSX Level2, When installing GSX Level 2 make sure you delete your version of the origional GSX. GSX Level 2 contains GSX. I didnt know this and had a world of problems when entering slew/edit mode and every time I tried to get it to work, It came up with a different problem.  I deleted GSX and only have GSX Level 2 running and problem solved. I thought Level 2 was an addon upgrade to GSX, it is not. GSX Level 2 is a full install. Quite Confusing when your not made aware of this. So, check to see if you still have GSX in there, if you do, get rid of it.

Fly High

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX AND GSX LEVEL 2
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 03:56:50 am »
I have to correct you here. Yes, GSX and GSX Level 2 use the same installer, however, GSX Level 2 requires GSX to work, and there are two separate activation keys for both.

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx_level2.html
Captain Kevin

supercoup93

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 06:11:24 am »
Hi Cap:
You lead me in the right direction a few days ago when you told me to make sure I had no slew commands working under the Y keypress and I did, thank you for that. It worked a couple of times then it bugged out again. I watched a video last night, someone made about 8 or 10 instructional videos pertaining to GSX level 2, and in the second or fourth video he stated that you need not run GSX, just download level 2. I said let me give it a shot. Ive tried everything else. I had GSX Level 2 deactivated cause I wasnt using it. So I deleted GSX from my system along with GSX Level 2. Then I just downloaded and installed Level 2.  IT WORKED  :) Im using it now. I cant explain it!!! GSX is not in my system, only gsx Level 2,  I just finished building KJFK. It works. Go figure!!!

supercoup93

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 06:22:33 am »
Kev:
Let me add that I set up FSX, GSX Level 2, FSDT KFLL ON MY DESKTOP last week to try to see what the problem I was having was all about. i didnt want to play around too much with the computers running my simulator for fear of a crash. It worked very well on my low end desktop and that drove me nuts but, I never, ever had FSX or GSX on my desk top, Just gsx Level 2. And it works. I dont know what to say. I only went by what the guy in the video said to do and he wasnt talking to me specificly, he just mentioned it at random. Thats why I posted the post. GSX Level 2 works alone, It does!! I see a lot of people having buildings, jetways, airplanes, and crashes. After I did what I did and it worked, I fugured maybe theyre having problems because of having both programs running like I had. Im baffled

supercoup93

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 06:25:47 am »
Kev:
.Not to be controveresial butd I only installed gsx Level 2 and I only activated GSX Level 2

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 06:27:05 am »
As I said, GSX and GSX Level 2 use the same installer, so the installer does install both. I don't know how you got GSX Level 2 to work without activating GSX, but I posted the link to the GSX Level 2 page that outlines the requirements for GSX Level 2, which does state you need to activate both for them to work properly. If FSDreamteam is wrong about how their own product is supposed to function, I guess you better try to convince them of that.
Captain Kevin

supercoup93

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 07:24:45 am »
Kev:
I wrote back to you but somehow it just dissapeared. the bottom Line is, It now works with just GSX Level 2 installed and all I had to do was activate Level 2. Now, I thought maybe the actdivation for GSX was in my machine! Could be but I never had GSX or GSX Level 2 or FSX or anything flight simulator related in my desktdop and when I put in FSX, and GSX Level 2, I only had to activate GSX Level 2. I dont know what to say but it boggles the mind. When I had a seperate GSX prdogram in my simulator along with GSX Level 2, the program went crazy when I tried to enter edit/slew mode. Maybe having the extra GSX program installed confused GSX level 2 and it went nuts. Thats why I posted what I did, cause maybe there are some other simmers that have the same setup with both programs installed separately. A lot of people are having all different kinds of problems, maybe thats the problem. Maybe they just dont realize that the two programs conflict. I dont know. All I know is Im happy, I can now rebuild my airports. I wanna say, Thanks for all your help, your a great asset to this forum.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2023, 07:45:38 am »
I still don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say. GSX and GSX Level 2 aren't really two separate programs in the sense that you either run one or the other. Rather, GSX Level 2 is an expansion of GSX. GSX Level 2 gives you GSX SODE jetways to replace the default jetways in addition to animated passengers, but it needs GSX to run. I'm not sure what you mean by the two programs conflict, because I'm running both of them just fine. I gave you the link to the GSX Level 2 page showing you what the FSDreamteam product page says it is, and you are convinced that they are wrong about their own product.
Captain Kevin

supercoup93

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2023, 09:06:47 am »
I understand you perfectly Kev, GSX has to run with level2 because its just an addon. What Im saying is that if you download GSX Level2, it also downloads GSX with it as a full install.  I had GSX installed already for years without GSX Level 2. When I downloaded GSX Level 2, it came with GSX. Now I had the first GSX that was already installed previously and I installed GSX Level 2 so now I had GSX installed twice. Sound right? GSX "and" GSX level 2 which contained the regular GSX. I think that GSX Level 2, which contdains GSX,  was conflicting with the GSX base program that was installed already. Is it possible?

supercoup93

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2023, 09:12:45 am »
So Kev, in your list of programs, you have FSDT GSX and FSDT GSX Level 2 listed or just GSX Level 2 which INSTALLS GSX ""AND"" Level 2

supercoup93

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2023, 09:18:26 am »
All I have listed when I go to add / remove programs is FSDREAMTEAM GSX VERSION 2.9.5    THATS IT!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2023, 03:17:07 pm »
What Im saying is that if you download GSX Level2, it also downloads GSX with it as a full install.  I had GSX installed already for years without GSX Level 2. When I downloaded GSX Level 2, it came with GSX.
Yes, that is because both GSX and GSX Level 2 use the same installer, so when you run the installer, it's going to install both.
So Kev, in your list of programs, you have FSDT GSX and FSDT GSX Level 2 listed or just GSX Level 2 which INSTALLS GSX ""AND"" Level 2
I actually don't have either listed because I had to reset my entire computer after upgrading my motherboard and processor with a subsequent install of Windows, and all of my P3D sceneries and GSX were installed on a completely different drive that was unaffected by the reset. As I still had the registry keys from the previous install, I just ran those, fired up P3D, and activated all my FSDreamteam products as normal.
All I have listed when I go to add / remove programs is FSDREAMTEAM GSX VERSION 2.9.5    THATS IT!
That sounds correct. As I said, you only ran one installer since that one installer already installs both GSX and GSX Level 2 anyway, so it would be logical that only one thing would show up in the programs list, but that doesn't change the fact that you still need both GSX and GSX Level 2 activated.
Captain Kevin

supercoup93

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 12:49:43 am »
Kev, Your a hundred percent right and following your instructions I now realize that the activation keys are all thats needed, the install progdram does the rest. Its working, YAY. Wow, you are the most patient person I have ever met. Thanks for putting up with me and not giving up :D