Author Topic: Acceleration Vid  (Read 12082 times)

micro

Acceleration Vid
« on: January 14, 2008, 05:25:57 am »
Here's a little video I put together. Hope you like it.

crim3

Re: Acceleration Vid
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:43:52 am »
very nice, I liked it :)

Scoutdriver

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:26:19 pm »
Wow, that was an awesome video! I know that must have taken some time to make. I don't quite remember what movie it's based off of though.  8)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 08:17:22 pm »
how did you do this vid? multiplayer session? how did you find the aircraft carrier? my ships disappear on instant replays, and downloaded aircraft carriers for multiplayer dont have their catapults working  :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:27:07 pm by fael097 »

SUBS17

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 02:34:31 am »
I use AIcarrier from avsim but I'm not sure if other players can see it online. How do you place AI aircraft on the deck is my question?

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 04:07:33 am »
they're not ai aircrafts, they gotta be person controlled aircrafts... and you cant see the carriers from aicarrier on instant replays

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 05:57:26 am »
dear god, tell me how you did this video! i never saw my own landings on carrier cuz they simply disappear on replays, how the hell?

micro

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 11:09:26 am »
Sorry for the delay guys. I've had a lot of great feedback on the vid and am going to write up a "how to" as quick as I can. However, they are AI aircraft as is the carrier (honest). If you don't have it, fsrecorder is a MUST HAVE. http://www.fs-recorder.net/ You can record anything and everything. Carriers, AI, effects, etc. You can even record one of your flights and then play that flight back AS AI TRAFFIC! That way you can fly formation on yourself! Have fun.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:38:19 pm by microbrewst »

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 01:15:25 pm »
Sorry for the delay guys. I've had a lot of great feedback on the vid and am going to write up a "how to" as quick as I can. However, they are AI aircraft as is the carrier (honest). If you don't have it, fsrecorder is a MUST HAVE. http://www.fs-recorder.net/ You can record anything and everything. Carriers, AI, effects, etc. You can even record one of your flights and then play that flight back AS AI TRAFFIC! That way you can fly formation on yourself! Have fun.

thanks for the tip.. i can make real cool things, like planes taxiing and taking off non stop lol, this is such a great addon
and by the way, can you please tell me what are you using for the carrier? did you find it in free flight or you're using an addon to position the carrier? [i couldnt find a carrier, i swear theres no carriers in honolulu, san francisco, wherever] and so im using this awful addon to position buggy carriers with their catapults working bad....

thanks man :)

micro

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
I'm using the SDK traffic "explorer" to add a carrier where I want one. Here's the step by step of what I do.

1) Create a flight in an F-18 at NAS North Island (KNZY) in San Diego.

2) When you enter the flight go to the "Tools" menu and choose "Traffic Toolbox" and then "Explorer".

3) In the "explorer" toolbox, right click and  then choose "create".

4) In the create dialog click the "non-aircraft" option toward the bottom. (The vehicle list will then change)

5) From the vehicle drop-down list choose "veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm".

6) In the "Position" entry enter these coordinates: Lat (32.062722) Long (-118.151050) Alt (0) Pitch (0) Bank (0) Heading (359).

7) Click OK.

8) Depart North Island and fly out to sea on a heading of 220.

9) In about 5-7 minutes you will see the boat.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:33:05 pm by microbrewst »

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 01:56:39 pm »
jesus christ im gonna kill myself for buying FSX standard, each day i discover another extra feature from deluxe version.... how big is the SDK itself? i swear for god im gonna pay someone to upload it for me.... :(

micro

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 02:29:16 pm »
If you have Acceleration you're all good. Check it out. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=317.0

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 04:29:27 pm »
when i try to install the acceleration SDK, it says:
"you must have the flight simulator X SDK SP1A or SDK SP2 installed before you can install Microsoft flight simulator X: acceleration SDK."

so.... yea, im gonna kill myself

micro

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 07:04:32 pm »
My appologies. You are correct. :-\ My advice: go get deluxe.

Leprechaun

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:21:46 pm »
Hey fael097,

Don't go kill yourself just yet.  I have FSX Deluxe Version and I got the same messages you did when I tried to install the SDK from the Acceleration DVD.  I installed the original SDK from the FSX disk 1, then the Sp1A SDK and finally the SDK from Acceleration.  (Upon installing SP1A and the SDK Acceleration, you will get a message that says it has to uninstall the previous one before it can install the current one.)  In any event, finally got the Acceleration SDK install done into the "Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X folder per Micro's instructions.  Launched FSX and flew out of North Island SD, paused game, hit Alt and no "Tools" option appeared on the menu bar.  I have a PM into Micro now to see if he can help strighten me out on what I did wrong.  I'm really looking forward to placing the carrier where I want once Micro gets me lined out on this SDK install.

Regards.