Author Topic: Couatl crashing during flight  (Read 1199 times)

alexv

Couatl crashing during flight
« on: January 26, 2023, 07:56:37 pm »
I've been using GSX pro for about a month and I've never been able to complete a flight without having to manually reopen couatl. It crashes at some point during the flight and the error log always shows the following message. I'm not sure about the timestamp on the log though because it's showing the time I started the flight and not the time it crashed. Everything works fine from the beginning of the flight up until takeoff and then later when I try to select a gate for landing I get an infinite loading spinner in the GSX panel and then notice that the application has crashed. Anyone else have this problem and is there any known fix for this?

Code: [Select]
couatl v4.8 (build 5105)
panic log started on Thu Jan 26 10:51:44 2023

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Simulator version (from MAIN.DLL) is 11.0.282174.999
isPBRAvailable returned  False
isRTTAvailable returned  False
GetSimObjectsFolder() returned  C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolder() returned  C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways/SimObjects
GetAdditionalSimObjectsFolderV5() returned 
gateDistanceThreshold = 25 m
GSX SimStart
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #2 '-2049205696'
{}
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call SetDataOnSimObject param #2 '-2049207824'
{}

EDawg109

Re: Couatl crashing during flight
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2023, 02:08:07 am »
I recently started to have the same problem. Sometimes it starts but doesn't connect to the sim. It says the engine hasn't started but I see in running in the taskbar.

jem

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 03:27:58 am »
Same crash here. I have to manually restart it.

BAW242

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 08:00:54 pm »
Same here, every single flight. Latest build and everything up to date on my system. It’s fairly easy to restart (I added a shortcut to my Win11 toolbar to make it easy during taxi in) but I’d love to know what’s causing it.

Seth2413

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2023, 10:20:22 pm »
Every flight I do I when I arrive at my destination the GSX menu just spins so I have to restart, I guess that is what you mean so its the same here. 

BAW242

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2023, 10:25:55 pm »
Every flight I do I when I arrive at my destination the GSX menu just spins so I have to restart, I guess that is what you mean so its the same here.

Yes, it’s not immediately obvious that something has crashed but looking at AppCrashViewer you can see couatl has crashed at some point after departure

Gerwil

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 03:48:43 pm »
Running Coatl64_MSFS.exe as admin and in Windows 8 compatibility mode fixed it for me.

BAW242

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 09:09:59 pm »
Running Coatl64_MSFS.exe as admin and in Windows 8 compatibility mode fixed it for me.

I already set Admin but I’ll try Win8. Saying that, I’ve just had my first flight in weeks where it didn’t crash and started up fine when I was selecting arrival gate! I did also do a GSX update last night, which seemed to be a new update after the major de-icing update (vaguely recall seeing version 2.2.3 or something)