Author Topic: Pushback Sequence - change request  (Read 2699 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Pushback Sequence - change request
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 03:24:03 pm »
Add the following line after lavatorypos = 0.67 -14.49 0.00 and see if that solves it. As I suspected, you were missing the bypass pin position line, which is making the ground crew walk to the center of the airplane to insert the bypass pin, which in itself is unrealistic.

bypasspinpos = 0.00 9.40 0.00

Nevertheless, I would be happy if you could at least start to jump on this topic about the senseless and unrealistic sequence. I am working in the aviation industry and flying on a regular basis as a crew member on the flight deck - so my feedback is based on how those procedures are performed in reality.
Yes, I am trying to help you out here if you would let me. I'm not part of the development team, so I can't make any changes to the programming itself. Try the above step and see if that solves it.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 03:45:11 pm »
Add the following line after lavatorypos = 0.67 -14.49 0.00 and see if that solves it. As I suspected, you were missing the bypass pin position line, which is making the ground crew walk to the center of the airplane to insert the bypass pin, which in itself is unrealistic.

I haven't said they are walking to the centre of the aircraft, and the ramp agent is not doing so. Where did I say this?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 04:06:25 pm »
I haven't said they are walking to the centre of the aircraft, and the ramp agent is not doing so. Where did I say this?
You never responded when I asked the first two times, and even after I asked you to check the third time, you didn't exactly answer the question, either. I can't assume anything with no information, and I'm not a mind reader. As I said, that was the only thing I could think of since I had that issue myself, and fixing that solved the timing issue for me. If that didn't solve it for you, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas and you're on your own. As far as I know, the FSL A320 has its own integration with GSX, so I'm not sure if that might also have anything to do with it. I also don't know if you've tried a different airplane to see if you still had this issue.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 04:34:30 pm »
In this case I would suggest the follow the chagne of sequence.
As well as working on the cargo loaders which should not be removed when the fuel truck arrives. I mean this is a simple procedure and was requested 1-2 years ago?

yurirodin

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 05:49:11 pm »
If you notice, GSX uses different types of tugs for the pushback. If the tug you get has a towbar, the pushback starts right after you select the direction of push. If you the tug you get is the towbarless type, it has to lock the nosewheel and raise it off the ground to start pushing. GSX animates this process after the direction of push is selected. This is what takes time and there is no way around this unless GSX changes the connection process of the towbarless tug. So to get GSX to push right after direction selection FSDT would have to change the sequence somewhat, but only for the towbarless tug. This is the same for FSL A320 and PMDG 747.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2023, 01:38:43 am »
If you notice, GSX uses different types of tugs for the pushback. If the tug you get has a towbar, the pushback starts right after you select the direction of push. If you the tug you get is the towbarless type, it has to lock the nosewheel and raise it off the ground to start pushing. GSX animates this process after the direction of push is selected. This is what takes time and there is no way around this unless GSX changes the connection process of the towbarless tug. So to get GSX to push right after direction selection FSDT would have to change the sequence somewhat, but only for the towbarless tug. This is the same for FSL A320 and PMDG 747.
I knew GSX used two different types of tugs, I did not know that there was such a timing difference between the two. I went to check and put together a quick little video. It's unlisted, and I plan to pull it once everyone's done with it. There are two parts to the video. In the first part, you can see that in both instances, the pushback is called at the same time, and the bypass pin is inserted at the same time. It looks like with the towbarless tug, the direction menu pops up, and then the ground crew calls locking gear, whereas with the towbar tug, the ground crew calls locking gear, then the direction menu pops up. In both instances, the tugs don't move until the ground crew is out of the way, however, in the case of the towbarless tug, the ground crew has a longer distance to walk since they walk over to the tug, as opposed to the towbar tug where the ground crew just steps off to the side. In the second part of the video, I rearranged the video clips, so both tugs move at the same time. The tug with the towbar is still a little faster than the towbarless tug as far as the sequence of events taking place.

Captain Kevin

dlh511

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 11:17:07 am »
In this case I would suggest the follow the chagne of sequence.
As well as working on the cargo loaders which should not be removed when the fuel truck arrives. I mean this is a simple procedure and was requested 1-2 years ago?

In fact they did change the procedure in a past update, where you could request pushback and it connect the truck and insert the bypass pin and THEN ask you for the direction, which made flying on a busy Vatsim day easy. And if you werent ready yet it would let you request pushback again only to ask you the direction right away, select it and start the pushback once you release the parking brake.

But during one of the last updates they changed it again and its, and forgive my language, crappy. I now get the direction even when the truck hasnt moved yet, and when I close the window and use the pushback function again it wont do anything, just stay there until the apocalypse.

Alpolex

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2023, 12:06:48 pm »
I knew GSX used two different types of tugs, I did not know that there was such a timing difference between the two. I went to check and put together a quick little video. It's unlisted, and I plan to pull it once everyone's done with it. There are two parts to the video. In the first part, you can see that in both instances, the pushback is called at the same time, and the bypass pin is inserted at the same time. It looks like with the towbarless tug, the direction menu pops up, and then the ground crew calls locking gear, whereas with the towbar tug, the ground crew calls locking gear, then the direction menu pops up. In both instances, the tugs don't move until the ground crew is out of the way, however, in the case of the towbarless tug, the ground crew has a longer distance to walk since they walk over to the tug, as opposed to the towbar tug where the ground crew just steps off to the side. In the second part of the video, I rearranged the video clips, so both tugs move at the same time. The tug with the towbar is still a little faster than the towbarless tug as far as the sequence of events taking place.

What about forwarding this to Umberto and checking this out with the FSL A320FAM aircraft which have dozen of erros in the GSX integration currently instead of continuously checking this thing with the PMDG 747?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 03:21:28 pm »
What about forwarding this to Umberto and checking this out with the FSL A320FAM aircraft which have dozen of erros in the GSX integration currently instead of continuously checking this thing with the PMDG 747?
As I mentioned in a previous post, I don't own the FSL A320. I can't check it with an airplane I don't own. You want me to check it with the PMDG 737 or 777, I can do that. I suppose if it really came down to that, I could also re-install the QualityWings 787 and check it with that, too, if it really came down to that, as much as I don't really want to.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2023, 12:00:18 am »
I want to adress a series of problems and erros which currently occur with v5.3 and FSL A320FAM aircraft plus a logical change in sequence.
And maybe you'll ask a beta tester which has the A320FAM.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2023, 04:24:17 am »
And maybe you'll ask a beta tester which has the A320FAM.
I don't know who has what.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2023, 12:24:22 pm »
Strange team composition. Don't you have a channel to talk to each other?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2023, 07:37:58 pm »
Strange team composition. Don't you have a channel to talk to each other?
I'll tell you what. Up until the end of September, I was an over-the-road truck driver for nearly 8.5 years. I was away from home for 35 days straight in a week and only home for five days. In one shift, I could work 14 hours a day, but drive for only 11 hours a day, at which point, I would have to take a 10-hour break, and in an 8-day period, I could work 70 hours. Now you tell me how much time you think I actually have to do anything flight simulator related, or rather, anything that wasn't work related at all, if I was only doing a 10-hour break, bearing in mind eat, shower, and sleep must be factored into those 10 hours.
Captain Kevin

Alpolex

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2023, 08:09:07 pm »
Kudos, my friend.
I was as well driving a longrange truck during Corona in Europe and delivered cooled goods as well as milk.
By the way, in Europe we're allowed to have 15 hour shifts incl. a maximum of 2x weekly 10 hour driving which makes as well 220 working hours per month.

But I do still recognize when someone tells me a valid question and it's target. :) And the question was not related to the PMDG 747, nor if anybody has a valid work-around nor how I should change the usage to avoid an irrational and unlogical sequence.
This bother's me already for a long time, as well as several other complaints. Plus, nothing works properly with GSX anymore. Really nothing. Even turn-arounds are not possible anymore because the fuel truck does not arrive despite its requested...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:49:13 pm by Alpolex »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2023, 10:22:33 pm »
But I do still recognize when someone tells me a valid question and it's target. :)
And I tried to help you the best I could with the information I had available.
And the question was not related to the PMDG 747, nor if anybody has a valid work-around nor how I should change the usage to avoid an irrational and unlogical sequence.
As far as I know, GSX on its own doesn't care about the aircraft type as far as the pushback process is concerned. It wasn't until somebody else mentioned the timing difference with the different tugs that I was able to confirm it myself, and the video shows it, even if I did have to use the 747 to confirm it. With the towbar tug, I was able to get it to work just fine without a delay. With the towbarless tug, there was, in fact, a delay. Why that is, I have no idea.
This bother's me already for a long time, as well as several other complaints. Plus, nothing works properly with GSX anymore. Really nothing. Even turn-arounds are not possible anymore because the fuel truck does not arrive despite its requested...
One thing I have noticed is if you wait for the catering process to show as completed and then call the fuel truck, the fuel truck will show up. If you do it before that, it's hit or miss. I realize it's probably not the answer you're looking for, but unless they can replicate it and find a way to fix it (I don't think anybody has reported it before), that's probably the best you can do for now.
Captain Kevin