Author Topic: Several GSX issues with v5.3 and FSLA320FAM  (Read 2626 times)

Alpolex

Several GSX issues with v5.3 and FSLA320FAM
« on: January 22, 2023, 06:12:02 pm »
Having GSX and P3D v5.3 installed after approx. 1 year with a new and clean setup I was annoyed that basic functions in relation to FSL (A320FAM) did not work:

1. Air Ground Start

FSL Forum Thread: https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32550-apu-inop-and-ground-start-via-gsx-asu-not-possible/

[...]  during our last event we've started to implement technical deaviations to our aircraft to enhance the immersion for our flight crews. One of the items was selected because it was directly available throughout the FSL on-board failure system. ATA 49 APU (inoperative) was selected for one of our pilots for his entire rotation to simulate the requirement of an ground start for ENG1 and a subsequent pushback and cross-bleed start via of ENG2.

However, FSL failure system works fine, GSX does not allow this procedure. Starting ENG1 on the gate deactivates all ground services and terminates the Ground Power during ENG start which leads to an electrical shutdown of the entire system.

2. Aircraft Pushback

All of our P3D users acknowledged that after recent updates the tug "bumps" the aircraft into the air while initiating the pushback, which means a noticeable rumble can be heard and the aircraft nose will lift. The same thing, the other way around, happes while stoping the aircraft and disconnecting. This leads to the following strange behaviour with vPilot and VATSIM. (see picture)

https://i.imgur.com/z7xBhgN.png

3. Auto-State triggered Functions

Departure: While parking at the gate and having the aircraft in cold&dark mode, the MECH button will not trigger any ground power arrival.
Arrival: Arriving at the gate, switching the aircraft off (ENG cutoff, Beacon Off, Parking Brake set) the jetway and deboarding process will not be triggered automatically. (see picture)

https://i.imgur.com/6YNfSwB.png

3. Sounds

The new sounds are a mess and simply annoying. Especially for FSL users which have a complete sound environment and immersion, it's completly messing up everything. Could you pleas enable to deactivate all Boarding related sounds and all of those "xxx is arriving"? Simply unnecessary.

However, implementing the remote de-icing function is a big win. Thank you for this option!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 10:51:30 pm by virtuali »

athreeforty

Re: Several GSX issues with v5.3 and FSLA320FAM
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 07:08:17 pm »
I can confirm these issues.

Mats der Bruchpilot

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 09:21:30 pm »
true... pretty annoying

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 10:55:48 pm »
The new sounds are a mess and simply annoying. Especially for FSL users which have a complete sound environment and immersion, it's completly messing up everything. Could you pleas enable to deactivate all Boarding related sounds and all of those "xxx is arriving"? Simply unnecessary.

Quoting from the release notes, date November 11th:

GSX (all versions) NEW: Added option to Disable Voice cues during various operations.

I'll take some time to verify all the other things you reported, I'm just replying to this one now, because it jumped at me. Please always check the release notes and updates and, of course, the updates on the manual too, because this is ALSO indicated on the manual, Page 33 of the current version:

Audio Cues

This option is used to Enable or Disable the Voice cues during various operations, like starting Boarding/Deboarding or entering/exiting from the Editors.

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 03:17:56 am »
I have the permanent fix for Audio Clues. Find them below.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:18:32 pm by virtuali »
TheCaptain3618

gregoryv

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 06:49:16 am »
Dear Umberto.
I can confirm I have the same issues posted here (1-3). Please look on them. Thanks.

Alpolex

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 09:15:47 am »
Good Morning Umberto,

thank you for your feedback. I wasn't aware of any disable option, thus, none of my colleagues was. Maybe you should promote this in a different way?

The current version of GSX is frustrating all of our users. I think this is an absolute priority to be fixed as nearly no interaction with FSL is working anyhow properly anymore.

StefanBravo

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 09:41:28 am »
The disable audio function does not work for me in P3D v5, but it does work in MSFS.

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 01:13:56 pm »
We all have been waiting for the Pre GSX Pro 3 for MSFS Release update for FSX/P3D up to this day.
TheCaptain3618

Eagle_For

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 05:05:37 pm »
Hello
I made a flight today. (P3D5.3 FSLabs A320)
From LFMN, apart from the hostesses arriving outside their transport, it worked.
When LICJ arrives, it is impossible to relaunch coualt.
One question, why do I have a "Start Coualt for GSX MSFS" icon on my desktop.
During my flight, this one appeared in the taskbar!!!!!
It's since this icon appeared that the problems arise in P3D5 for me.
What is its role for P3D. (I have MSFS but not GSX for MSFS)?
Can you delete this file because each time it is recreated.
Everything was fine before.
No way to get GSX to work as above and the patch is long overdue.
I hope to see him arrive very soon to regain confidence in FSDT.
Thank you for your reply.
Raymond

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 05:12:28 pm »
I have the permanent fix for Audio Clues. Find them below.

Your fix is completely useless, since there's a proper option in the settings which, of course, is even more efficient a proper ( the code that plays the voice it's just skipped ), compared to the useless taking of a sound channel to play an empty wave.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 05:17:24 pm »
The disable audio function does not work for me in P3D v5, but it does work in MSFS.

I can only confirm it works perfectly fine in P3D V5, tried it just now, it disables the messages like "Boarding requested", etc,. which were added with GSX Pro.

StefanBravo

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 08:17:44 pm »
I can only confirm it works perfectly fine in P3D V5, tried it just now, it disables the messages like "Boarding requested", etc,. which were added with GSX Pro.
Interesting. I just tested it again: updated GSX to the latest version and verified 'Play audio cues' was unticked but I really got the audio cues again. In the log file I couldn't find anything about the sounds either (don't know if that's good or bad :-)).

Stefan

PavlinS

• Prepar3D commercial virtual pilot
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 08:40:27 pm »
Sorry for that message. I realize that I keep the parking brake on nvm I need to turn it off to pushback. Seems that my P3D disconnected my messages on screen so I was sitting on the gate like idiot. Kha, darn, I am so silly........  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:46:08 pm by PavlinS »
Trying to do good landings. Streaming and YT uploads of me flying mostly QW 787.

srcooke

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 06:30:54 pm »

verified 'Play audio cues' was unticked but I really got the audio cues again.

Stefan

The function does not work for me in P3Dv5 either, cues still play.

.ini entry = gsx_aural_cues = 0
Regards
Stephen Cooke