Author Topic: FS9 Addon Manager and eSellerate  (Read 689 times)

tonygibb

FS9 Addon Manager and eSellerate
« on: January 07, 2023, 04:20:06 pm »
Hi,

I have just aquired a new computer with the dreadful Windows10. I installed my FS9 as instructed in a forum on Flightsim (not in Program Files or PF (x86) and it works great. A few minor issues but nothing that is not being solved.

However, my FSDreamteam/Cloud9 sceneries open as trials. When I tried to activate any of them, the Addon Manager locks up. It also states it is sending me to eSellerate.  I uninstalled it and downloaded the new version from here, but it still shows the eSellerate logo and locks up.

I have the new keys from you but nothing works. Apart from staying with my beloved FS9, what am I doing wrong? Are KDFW, KLAX and PNHL products from Cloud9 and therefore wont register? I hope you can help.

Love your products by the way.

Regards

Tony

bcm652

Re: FS9 Addon Manager and eSellerate
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 06:08:33 pm »
Hi Tony, Actually, Windows 10 is not a bad operating system, just make sure you have the latest update, Windows 10, version 22H2. Try Steam Edition FSX, much better then FS9, IMHO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FS9 Addon Manager and eSellerate
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 07:33:04 am »
However, my FSDreamteam/Cloud9 sceneries open as trials. When I tried to activate any of them, the Addon Manager locks up. It also states it is sending me to eSellerate.  I uninstalled it and downloaded the new version from here, but it still shows the eSellerate logo and locks up.

Don't uninstall anything but:

- Install all the sceneries using their installers.

- Install the updated stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 LAST

I have the new keys from you but nothing works. Apart from staying with my beloved FS9, what am I doing wrong?

Be sure your Addon Manager is updated. The most common reasons why it might not are either you haven't installed it LAST ( installed another scenery after it, so it was downgraded to the old Esellerate version ) or your antivirus is blocking the update, so be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole FS9 folder from scanning.

Are KDFW, KLAX and PNHL products from Cloud9 and therefore wont register?

KDFW, KLAX and PNHL are made by FSDT, so they are all supported and work with the new Addon Manager, because we migrated all keys to new activation servers on QLM/Soraco, so you can reactivate your Esellerate keys on the new server, or use the new QLM keys that has been associated to the Esellerate key (those that starts with an A), either kind of key will work, provided the Addon Manager is updated.

I'm afraid there's currently no way to reactivate Cloud9 products because Cloud9 closed in 2009 and, while even with them closed, you could reactivate their products on Esellerate, it was Esellerate closure that is making impossible to reactivate them now, because Cloud9 should have done the same thing we did: migrate all existing keys to QLM/Soraco, and sign up with them to pay yearly fees to maintain a new activation server, something that simply can't be expected from a company that has been closed almost 14 years.

We suggested to former Cloud9 owners to make those products freeware, but we never managed to get any answer. Unfortunately, copyright laws being what they are (rights expires 75 years after the rights owner death) , it's not a decision we can undertake without their permission.