Author Topic: Only Drive C:?  (Read 1057 times)

odin210470

Only Drive C:?
« on: December 30, 2022, 12:20:32 pm »
Hello!
I have GSX Pro and several Scenery's from FSDT for the MSFS.
The FSDT Universal Installer installs everything on my C: drive.
Is it possible to install the stuff on a different drive?
greetings

Andreas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only Drive C:?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 12:57:55 pm »
It's surely possible to install the FSDT installer in any folder you like, but only the first time you install it because, even if you have 100% freedom on *where* to install it, the products installed there MUST be all in the same folder, that's a requirement so, in order to prevent you from making the mistake of installing some products in one folder and others in another one, the installer will ASK you for the Addon Manager location, but only the first time you install it fresh, and subsequent installation will all end up in the same folder you originally choose.

If you changed your mind and want to use a different folder, do as follows:

- Uninstall every FSDT product you see there.

- If all your products are for MSFS, Uninstalling is done from the FSDT Installer but, if you also have FSX/P3D products, you must Uninstall them all from the Windows Control Panel.

- After you are sure you removed all FSDT products, both for MSFS and for FSX/P3D ( if you have any ), uninstall the "Fsdreamteam Universal Installer" from the Windows Control Panel. THIS last step will allow you to choose a new folder on the next install.

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer. If you did all the previous steps correctly, you'll notice this time it will ask you for a destination you can freely choose on any drive.

odin210470

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 01:12:24 pm »
Thx for the quick reply!

I will try it!

Andreas

hjsmuc

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 03:25:02 pm »
Happy New Year. I allow myself to piggyback on this topic. I did as suggested, uninstalled everything, chose a new location on another drive and installed the Addon Manager there. I also deactivated my two products (GSX Pro and Zurich). The last step put another instance of the Addon Manager back into the C: Drive and upon installing GSX Pro, you will guess it, it used the C: Drive again. Which step am I missing?

hjsmuc

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:49:11 pm »
I repeated the whole procedure and this time it worked as anticipated. Cleaned the registry before and rebooted. Maybe that helped.

Rash

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 04:09:36 am »
Hello i'm having issue with GSX  and looking like this any help ?