Author Topic: FSDream-team time for Anchorage International Airport PANC  (Read 21872 times)

_Dre_

Re: FSDream-team time for Anchorage International Airport PANC
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 09:25:29 pm »
I know about that freeware version newmanix  ;). I was thinking of putting the link up for those who didn't know so I'm glad that you did :).

I remember when I use to come on this forum hoping/wishing/begging for a JFK and PHNL and right now they are sitting pretty in my sim, so until Virtuali says "NO" to Rome I will always have hope for a FSDT version.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 07:20:55 pm »
I know about that freeware version newmanix  ;). I was thinking of putting the link up for those who didn't know so I'm glad that you did :).

I remember when I use to come on this forum hoping/wishing/begging for a JFK and PHNL and right now they are sitting pretty in my sim, so until Virtuali says "NO" to Rome I will always have hope for a FSDT version.

Actually, if I remember correctly, he did say no to any and all Italian airports. I'll see if I can find that post...

jf5999

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »
IMO, we need KEWR, KLAX, KDCA, or PANC. I personally don't see what's so great about KPHX, but that's just me.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 07:12:17 am »
Well KPHX is a great western airport.  Even online there is a lot of the time someone running ABQ Center or Sky Harbor.  PANC online is usually dead samething with KDC.  KPHX is a huge hub for Southwest as well as KDEN.  Also a US Air hub.  :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

SirIsaac726

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 08:04:05 am »
IMO, we need KEWR, KLAX, KDCA, or PANC. I personally don't see what's so great about KPHX, but that's just me.

It is actually a very unique airport.  There are three taxiway bridges, all the airside operations are a level above all the roads and terminal entrances.  The only runways are three parallel runways.  Hub to Southwest and US Airways.  There are military operations on the field.  It has a daily BA 747 arrival.  The departure/arrival takes you right over the southern edge of downtown Phoenix (it is cool being inside chase field watching the planes climb above the city).  There is unique terrain surrounding the entire Phoenix valley.  Close proximity to ZLA gets Phoenix quite a bit of traffic.

That's all I could think of for now. :p :)

Ethan744N763

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 05:26:52 am »
CYVR is being done here: *FREEWARE*

http://jgabbert.wordpress.com/

_Dre_

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 06:27:15 pm »
Hopefully FSDT can see the serious potential of PANC and CYVR and at least give them some strong consideration.

@Newmanix: If I'm not mistaken I think Virtuali said he wouldn't mind making a new Rome (LIRF) but probably wouldn't because of the poor sales of the old one. My counter point was that FSDT's status in the FS world is such that anything they make will sell and a popular place like Rome would sell well.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 01:45:27 am »
Hopefully FSDT can see the serious potential of PANC and CYVR and at least give them some strong consideration.

@Newmanix: If I'm not mistaken I think Virtuali said he wouldn't mind making a new Rome (LIRF) but probably wouldn't because of the poor sales of the old one. My counter point was that FSDT's status in the FS world is such that anything they make will sell and a popular place like Rome would sell well.

PANC maybe but not CYVR.  On the account that someone else is making it and it looks good.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

_Dre_

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 07:35:22 am »

PANC maybe but not CYVR.  On the account that someone else is making it and it looks good.

Dude, freeware hardly factors on high quality payware sceneries. There was a very good freeware Zurich already out when FSDT released theirs and Virtuali has stated that it is one of FSDT's bestsellers. There was also a very good freeware Geneva on the market when the FSDT version was released. 9Dragons was hot s#!t right up until Flytampa shook up the FS world with their version. There's a magnificent FT KBOS V2 (freeware) that's been out for a while and that hasn't stopped people from buying the remake.

Point is even when there's good freeware stuff available a high quality payware version will hardly be affected by it. We don't even know just how good that freeware CYVR will be. While the visuals look good, FPS impact is unknown, as well as collision issues, or other scenery killers. So if payware developers were letting freeware stuff dictate what they make then we would be without a lot of fantastic airports that make our sim as addictive as it is.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 08:47:18 pm »
You sound like some of the people I've pulled over on a traffic stop. Just going on and on. :) it is just my opinion. I would just rather see an airprort that is at least occupied on a regular bases when flying on Vatsim. PANC. Is unfortunately not one of them. Occasionally Vancover is on occasunally. But again my opinion.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:42 pm »
I honestly can't see myself getting onboard with PANC myself. It's just too isolated... If FSDT weren't making more Hawaiian airports, I would have never purchased PHNL...

_Dre_

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 02:44:33 pm »
You sound like some of the people I've pulled over on a traffic stop. Just going on and on. :) it is just my opinion. I would just rather see an airprort that is at least occupied on a regular bases when flying on Vatsim. PANC. Is unfortunately not one of them. Occasionally Vancover is on occasunally. But again my opinion.

What am I going on and on about? I respond to the comments that you quote my comments in, which I interpret as you addressing me directly. You continually bring up Vatsim numbers, but here's a newsflash, the majority of simmers don't fly on Vatsim (What's your estimate of Flightsimmers out there, now how many total people are on Vatsim...work that out). Scenery developers don't focus on "If it's not popular on Vatsim I won't make it" so you need to stop going on and on about Vatsim numbers. Some developers make what they like, some make it for what is most profitable, and a whole bunch of other reasons, I doubt Vatsim impact is one of them.

Vatsim controlled airports get popular as more high quality sceneries are created for them. So as these two are lacking top payware quality then no one really wants to fly online in/out a default international airport.

@newmanix: I take it you are a GA simmer as Anchorage is only 2.5 hrs from Seattle and Vancouver, 2.75 hrs from PDX, a little over 3hrs from SFO, a little more than 4 hrs from LAX and Vegas, Tokyo is 6 hrs the other direction (about the same as JFK to Heathrow or Paris). As for the area , it's not just one airport then absolute "nothingness". If anyone tried the default FS9 missions when the sim was new then you know the area has alot for GA/bush pilots. If you factor in stuff that's basic for nowadays simmers like REX, Activesky, Ult. Terr., GE Pro, etc. then this area is GA heaven. It's basically a heavy iron airport sitting in GA nirvana IMHO.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:52:58 pm by _Dre_ »
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 09:00:00 pm »

What am I going on and on about? I respond to the comments that you quote my comments in, which I interpret as you addressing me directly. You continually bring up Vatsim numbers, but here's a newsflash, the majority of simmers don't fly on Vatsim (What's your estimate of Flightsimmers out there, now how many total people are on Vatsim...work that out). Scenery developers don't focus on "If it's not popular on Vatsim I won't make it" so you need to stop going on and on about Vatsim numbers. Some developers make what they like, some make it for what is most profitable, and a whole bunch of other reasons, I doubt Vatsim impact is one of them.

Vatsim controlled airports get popular as more high quality sceneries are created for them. So as these two are lacking top payware quality then no one really wants to fly online in/out a default international airport.

@newmanix: I take it you are a GA simmer as Anchorage is only 2.5 hrs from Seattle and Vancouver, 2.75 hrs from PDX, a little over 3hrs from SFO, a little more than 4 hrs from LAX and Vegas, Tokyo is 6 hrs the other direction (about the same as JFK to Heathrow or Paris). As for the area , it's not just one airport then absolute "nothingness". If anyone tried the default FS9 missions when the sim was new then you know the area has alot for GA/bush pilots. If you factor in stuff that's basic for nowadays simmers like REX, Activesky, Ult. Terr., GE Pro, etc. then this area is GA heaven. It's basically a heavy iron airport sitting in GA nirvana IMHO.

Sir, again on and on...not going to argue with you...pointless I am good on either scenery you expressed intreast in.  Everyone is not going to agree with you nor me.  So just relax.  Do you live in the PANC area by the way?  Also, PANC  sounds like itt would be a great graphics benchmark tester, if that helps?  :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

_Dre_

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 12:13:32 am »
Juniormafia I'm as relaxed as can be. I now live in Jamaica (moved from NYC a little over a year ago), so no I'm not from Anchorage nor have I ever been there. No one is arguing here, you are stating why you are not interested in PANC, I am stating why I am. There's nothing wrong with a little debate :) as long as it stays on topic and remains civilized.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »

I do both VFR and IFR. PANC is too isolated for me on IFR flights. I only fly to AES enabled airports when flying IFR. 650 miles is all I have time for during the week. I do not believe in speeding up the time compression so  I stick to airports that are closer together so I can do several short hops like JFK BOS roundtrip. Or even CDG to Madrid ETC. I am really looking forward to the Hwawiian island hops.

Don't get me wrong, I have done JFK to LHR under normal time compression but on those flights, I am not hanging out in front of the computer. In order for me to vouch for PANC, I need something closer in Canada with AES... or an Alaska airports package.... What else is good in Alaska for IFR flights?