Author Topic: Add-on manager troubles  (Read 3936 times)

LukasBA

Add-on manager troubles
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:07 pm »
Hi everybody

I would be grateful if somebody could help me. i've tried to read some topics about it but I didn't find any answers. I have downloaded and installed, some of FSdreamteams sceneries, and cloud9 KLAX. but the add-on manager doesn't appear in the top bar after I installed the scenery. my controle panel says it is installed.

I suspect it has something to do with windows 7, which is installed in my computer.

can anybody help

best regards

Lukas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-on manager troubles
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:29:07 pm »
've tried to read some topics about it but I didn't find any answers.

As instructed in every topic that deals with it, the most common cause is your antivirus that is wrongly identifying the Addon Manager as a threat, and is blocking its installation. Especially on FS9, which doesn't have any of the Simconnect complications and the Trust issues that FSX has.

You need to:

- Install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 AFTER you installed a Cloud9 program that doesn't have an FSDT installer yet

- During installation, you need to TURN THE ANTIVIRUS OFF. Not just quit from its interface: you need to stop realtime protection. Yes, this is important.

- After the installation, BEFORE launching FS9, you need to instruct your antivirus to exclude this file from scanning:

YourFS9Folder\MODULES\bglman.dll

Or, the whole MODULES folder.

- After having configured the antivirus this way, you can finally turn it on, and launch FS9