Author Topic: Crashing  (Read 1047 times)

Matty21

Crashing
« on: November 22, 2022, 09:22:29 pm »
Hello I’ve downloaded the lastest version and im getting a crash when fuel truck comes I have a log but can’t upload it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crashing
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:34:26 pm »
You surely can upload a log, if you ZIP it first.

Matty21

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 07:33:35 pm »
log

Matty21

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 10:08:37 am »
Well I know the developer is ill but he’s coming online surely he can help us?  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 12:24:53 pm »
Please try with an airplane that doesn't have any GSX integration, we need to be sure if the problem is happening because of that.

coreyc84

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 07:48:07 pm »
I am curious as to why when I updated I saw these 2 lines show up on the installer when I'm only running P3D and bought the P3D version long before MSFS was even announced? I don't even have MSFS installed on my PC so to have a MSFS couatl update line in a P3D version update makes zero sense. Since the MSFS couatl update went into my P3D folder, wouldn't that create a conflict with 2 different versions of couatl running against each other?

DOWNLOADING file G:\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe
DOWNLOADING file G:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe

Update: My addon folder with Couatl is littered with MSFS files. The installer and updater needs to be separated for different sim versions
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 08:27:49 pm by coreyc84 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 09:43:25 am »
wouldn't that create a conflict with 2 different versions of couatl running against each other?

What makes you think both versions are "running" at the same time ?

No executable starts with P3D, unless it explicitly called in the add-on.xml. Do you see Couatl64_MSFS.exe running ? Of course you don't, unless you start it by yourself.

My addon folder with Couatl is littered with MSFS files

What makes you think the P3D version is using those ?

The installer and updater needs to be separated for different sim versions

No, they don't, because they have been designed to share files, and each version knows what to use and what not. If you don't believe it, feel free to remove them, you won't see any difference, of course.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 09:45:17 am by virtuali »

coreyc84

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 10:09:25 pm »
A simple "they do not interfere with eachother" would've been a sufficient response instead of dissecting a simple observation and question for something that may have been overlooked in the installer considering P3D and MSFS are 2 separate platforms with separate coding which required developers to create separate products and modeling for the different Sims, so how you responded was pretty uncalled for.

For an issue that is now atleast 6 months old, with no end in sight, I hope that you can understand the frustration from the consumers point of view when we are noticing new and repeating issues that are being brought forward. I also hope that it is recognized that when we do bring up these questions and observations, that it is an attempt to HELP and potentially figure out these issues so we can all move forward. But, getting responses that points the fingers back at us by saying there is nothing wrong with the log files that people are uploading, saying that it was something we did in the sim or giving the years old drowned out firewall / anti-virus responses does not show ANY support from your team when there is multiple people with the same issues. So clearly, there is still something wrong that needs to be found, and it's not on our end.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 02:44:31 am »
A simple "they do not interfere with eachother" would've been a sufficient response instead of dissecting a simple observation and question for something that may have been overlooked in the installer considering P3D and MSFS are 2 separate platforms with separate coding which required developers to create separate products and modeling for the different Sims, so how you responded was pretty uncalled for.

Because is not even entirely true that they are not "they do not interfere with each other". In fact, 99% of the code is THE SAME between P3D and MSFS, the issue with your remark is that you picked exactly the files that really do not interfere with each other so yes, my reply WAS accurate and not "uncalled for", but I couldn't give what you asked, a "simple" explanation as you called it.

For an issue that is now atleast 6 months old

I don't even know what "issue" you are referring to. The OP reported a crash with the fuel truck. Is this the "issue" you are referring to ?

But, getting responses that points the fingers back at us by saying there is nothing wrong with the log files that people are uploading

Have you even READ my reply ? Where, exactly, I said "there's nothing wrong in the log" ? I explicitly asked to try with an airplane that doesn't control GSX because, from that log, there IS something very wrong, and I suspect it might caused by the airplane integration.